Sadness for the EO Family

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I wanted to share with the EO community that our long time friend, EO editor-at-large and expediter Jeff Jensen has been admitted to Hospice here in Northern Kentucky with just a few short days to live. His mind, memory and humor is 100% - but his body is failing him quickly.

Jeff Jensen was a key player in the concept of EO that began in 1998 - with a launch in 1999. You most likely have read or heard one of his many articles or broadcasts about expediting. He was expediting's first published writer.

Jeff has battled diabetes and other complications for the last two and half years. He has been disabled and blind for awhile now. Since 1999 - Jeff was the voice of the expediter at ExpeditersOnline.com, Expedite NOW magazine and XM Radio's Expediter News Break. Jeff brought awareness to the trucking industry that expediting was here to stay.

Our hearts are heavy tonight.

If you have any thoughts that you would like to share with Jeff - I hope to be able to read them to him tomorrow morning.

Please post here or PM me.

Thanks!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never met Jeff but talked with him many times on the phone and did some interviews. His voice was what I will always remember about him. He has a wonderful voice and an amazing ability to take a rambling, incoherent phone interview and turn it into an interesting and informative printed piece. Thank you Jeff for making me appear more than the fool I am!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jeff's articles is how we became interested in Expediting. When we were researching the industry we read everything and anything that Jeff had written. He had many articles about people in the industry, what worked for people what did not.

Jeff was the first person to interview Bob and I and he was very kind and helpful to us. We stayed in touch over the years as Jeff had a lot of wisdom to share with new people.

Jeff had a wicked sense of humor and when he let loose he could bring tears to my eyes laughing.

Jeff knew a lot about expediting and the people involved in expediting and he liked to share with others.

Jeff is a very kind hearted man who has taught us many things, one of them on staying positive and looking for the brite side. He often encouraged me when I wanted to try something new and different.

i will miss Jeff's humor and his encouragement. I found that after talking with Jeff I felt as if I could take on the world!

I hope that everyone will take the time to send Jeff a note.

When I talked with Jeff I found his mind was just as sharp as it ever was and he didn't let anything slip past him.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i second what moot said. totaling amazing talent for that. for those that never had the opportunity to speak or meet jeff, he is one of those people you wish you could have. jeff is a well respected writer and just one of the easiest people to like you would ever meet.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What Moot said. Jeff always managed to make me forget that I was nervous about being interviewed, and he made me laugh, and think about aspects of expediting I hadn't thought of before he asked - he just has an incredible knack for making folks feel comfortable.
And he has that wonderful mellifluous voice!
He will be very much missed, by so many.:(

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
jeff is a great person, he always had time for everyone
take care
see ya later
george b mcdonald

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I don't believe that I have ever had the pleasure to talk to Jeff, But after reading these threads it seems that I missed a great oppourtunity to meet such a great man..

My prayers are with Jeff and his Family.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was an absolute delight talking with Jeff on the phone. Wit and wisdom only scratches the surface of what he had to offer. My condolences...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Jeff and I go back a good while. He certainly had that ability to turn a conversation into a masterpiece of informative literature.
What a talent that was truly admired by everyone that knew or came in contact with him.
A lot of the times we would talk for hours about absolutely nothing and follow it with many laughs.
Every encounter whether by phone or in person was a great pleasure and experience.
Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with him through a very challenging time.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Jeff,

I haven't known you as long as some of the folks around here but always considered you a friend. I enjoyed our conversations and your writing. Your articles were always the best. It's a shame we don't get writing that good from more sources. I too appreciated that you could take my ramblings and turn them into intelligent discussion. We'll be praying for the best for you.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I met Jeff once and it was a pleasure, he has contributed immeasurably to the success, of many on this Forum and to EOL.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jeff.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
JuJu and I met Jeff at Expo #2 in Detroit many years ago...It was a pleasure talking with him as he showed great interest how Canadians expedited....Wonderful guy...He'll be missed...

Our thoughts and prayers to Jeff and family....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This is so sad to hear. Jeff is a one of a kind man that help bring to light many changes in the Expediting business. Jeff is one of the best writers I have ever known. Jeff has a great voice and could always make you laugh. All of us at Mayfield Express LLC will have Jeff and his family in thoughts and prayers.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i was thinking in honor of jeff we should start a scholarship in his name to go to a student of eo form members who is going to go in to newpaper reporting or tv in college
or give to oodia fund in jeff name

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Does anyone have a problem with Jeff being the 1st person going into the Expediters hall
of fame? It's long over due in my book. The website is up and running and things have been a little hard for me to keep up with as our business grows. I would like to see this happen at this years Expo.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Read several articles of his several years ago.i hate this for him and his family.god bless and many prayers are with you.