running the holidays

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Who plans to stay out on the road the next couple weeks? I might move close to where family and friends live, but I plan to stay available.

At my first pick up of the day, they said they will probably be working on Christmas eve. Sounds good to me.

eb

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Family is our priority, we don't work the holidays. We plan truck stuff for that time. Like a D.O.T. and our TVAL and TCU stuff, work on the APU etc. I will get a new medical card as well. We will be ready to run hard come January, 4th.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Going home for Christmass but ill be back on monday i dont care about new years so its no biggie for me. I stayed out last year and sat in a parking lot for the entire time so that will never happen again. All 3 of my son's will be in town i have 3 grand son's 2 of which i haven't ever seen. My son married a woman with 2 boys and i havent met them before everyone thinks i was so rotten that i didnt go home for the b irth of my grand kids lol eventhough they aren't mine by blood they are now part of my family.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
staying out to run hopefully get 2 good long runs or 3 maybe 4 good short runs over the next 2 weeks

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Being that my Wife Passed away I Have Nobody, so I'll Once again Stay out! I Really don't see the sense in Going Home as there isn't anything there and all I would do is sit around so I Figure if I Stay Out I can sit just about anywhere I want to!! Merry Christmas to Everyone, And Hopefully the New Year will be Prosperous to you and Yours! :)

moose

Veteran Expediter
I will be heading back west from N.J ,
I always stay out Christmas , so other truckers can get home,
sorry , i just did not grow up on Santa , & there was no point of starting it at my 3rd decade .
If they'll get me going to Seattle , then i might be stopping at home along the way.
Ya all be safe going down that chimney.

Kazper1008

Seasoned Expediter
My woman and I will be in service ready to run we just celebrate along the way it seems to have slowed down been in LaPlace LA since 9 PM on the 17th. Took a run going to Houston picks up at 5AM on the 22nd and del on the 22nd its a shorty but we'll take it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone have fun and please be safe.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at home and went out of service a couple of hours ago. Will be OOS until Saturday.

guido4475

Not a Member
I plan on being home, as well on Weds until after the 1st of the year. It is time to catch up on what so much I missed by being out all the time in the past.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We'll be out here hopefully running. We were home at Thanksgiving, and all the kids came in, so we did our Christmas at that time.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
My hope and plan is to be home by Noon on 12/24. Normally I try to take the week off between Christmas and New Years, but have already lost 4 days this month down for repairs, and I am a little behind budgeted revenue needs for the month. So I will go back in service on 12/28 hoping for some profitable revenue the last week of the month.

Two of our adult children and their families will be spending the weekend with us. Our oldest son and his family in Kansas will not be making it "home for Christmas" this year.

A very Merry Christmas to all as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Being that my Wife Passed away I Have Nobody, so I'll Once again Stay out! I Really don't see the sense in Going Home as there isn't anything there and all I would do is sit around so I Figure if I Stay Out I can sit just about anywhere I want to!! Merry Christmas to Everyone, And Hopefully the New Year will be Prosperous to you and Yours! :)

Sorry to hear about your wife. If anyone is going to be around Seville, Ohio send me a e-mail. I can bring you over some of my wifes great food.

blueblooddog

Seasoned Expediter
Will be home for Christmas and then off to Laredo for Monday delivery. Would like to be back home with family for New Years day. Wondering if much loading out of there next week so I can get back.