Ron Paul Newsletter

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is he speaking out derogatorily towards Bachmann personally - and making self-serving uncorroborated charges that he can't substantiate ?

Or has he just re-calibrated based on a political reality that is becoming more apparent as time rolls forward ?

The answer to both of the above is clearly no and yes (in that order) from what I can see. (If you see it differently, then explain how it is so)

Isn't what he did supposed to be what all faithful party members are supposed to do - fall in line and support he front-runner ? :rolleyes:

Try to see how things are different, as well as how they are similar.

Making any comparison between what this guy has done (thus far) and Dingdero's rather long history of tawdry conduct isn't even remotely analogous (IMO)

BTW, part of his motivations might have to do with what he's seen on the inside - Bachmann has repeatedly made statements which are highly inaccurate (IAEA report on Iran for starters) and misleading (I'm being polite :D)

Whether he speaks out derogatorily against Bachmann still remains to be seen. It's only been a few hours. Is this not a Judas act,which I think someone has called Dondero? This guy couldn't wait six days. He just up and bolted the campaign. Sounds like a disgruntled employee, with performance issues. :D Plus I think the libs will call this guy a birther. Do you have a file on this guy to share? :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Excepted from Michelle Bachmann's statement on Kent Sorenson's change of political camps:

"It’s clear that this was a deliberate move by the Ron Paul campaign to discredit our campaign and our growing momentum. Ron Paul is in trouble in Iowa and his campaign is worried about people learning about his dangerous stance on foreign policy and how he will make America less safe."

Yeah .... I'm sure they are ...... not .....

Very sad .... and quite telling, I'm afraid. She could have chosen to take the high road in all this ... but chose not to.

Not to belabor the point, but when one starts sounding like the female Republican equivalent of "Baghdad Bob" ..... maybe it's just time to re-evaluate what's actually motivating the candidate.

(And apparently, her SuperPac - which has never spent a dime on her behalf - has gone over to the Romney camp. If you want to talk real betrayal, that might be a good topic. With Ken Blackwell involved it shouldn't come as a really big surprise ......)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Whether he speaks out derogatorily against Bachmann still remains to be seen. It's only been a few hours.
That's true - but he hasn't thus far.

Is this not a Judas act, which I think someone has called Dondero?
Oh ... I suppose you could argue it is .... at least in a way ....

I know it can be really tough, but the key for me to making sense of the world is to see/understand how things which appear similar, are often quite different.

This guy couldn't wait six days. He just up and bolted the campaign.
Yup - it happens .... maybe he sees with where she's currently at, and there's is just no possibility that she continues on beyond Iowa .... dunno ....

At least he left on his own decision .... unlike Dondero :rolleyes:

Sounds like a disgruntled employee, with performance issues.
Really ..... where do you get that ?

He's made no disparaging comments about Bachmann - in fact, he sounded pretty positive about her personally and her positions (but not the current reality of her political chances) in the Paul event where he made his announcement.

Again, differences, not only similarities, are the key for accurate observations.

Plus I think the libs will call this guy a birther.
Well Mutt, I'll tell ya - I find it really fascinating - all the preoccupation and fixation that seems to exist among some about what label the supporters of a candidate will be tagged with .... or what name they will be called ..... by their opposition (within their party or without) :confused:

Do you have a file on this guy to share?
Perhaps the more relevant and appropriate question is: Do you ? ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not to belabor the point, but when one starts sounding like the female Republican equivalent of "Baghdad Bob" .....
Now that's funny right there. LOL

It's funny, because it's true. :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Glad ya liked it :D

Apparently Ms. Bachmann is having trouble getting others in her camp to wantonly participate in her "Baghdad Bob" Reality Distortion Field:

Bachmann Key Aide’s Statement on Sen. Kent Sorenson Defection

Bachmann Iowa Political Director Wes Enos fires back at Mrs. Bachmann’s claim that Sen. Sorenson’s desertion was financially-motivated

ANKENY, Iowa – U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s Iowa Political Director Wes Enos recently made enlightening comments concerning Iowa State Sen. Kent Sorenson’s defection to the Ron Paul camp from his position as Iowa Chairman for the Minnesota congresswoman’s campaign for the presidency.

Hours ago, Sen. Sorenson resigned from his post with the Bachmann camp and publicly endorsed Ron Paul for the presidency, committing to get out the vote for the 12-term Congressman from Texas in the pivotal first-in-nation voting contest.

Mr. Enos made his comments in response to unfounded allegations that Sen. Sorenson’s defection was made due to financial incentives made by the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign. Mr. Enos’s comments on the matter follow, and are presented in full:

“I won’t say much about the situation or the conflicting statements beyond this; I can say unequivocally that Kent Sorenson’s decision was, in no way financially motivated. His decision had more to do with the fact that the Ron Paul supporters have been something of a family to him since he was first elected in 2008 and here in the end, as it becomes more and more apparent that the caucus cycle is coming to an end, Kent believed that he needed to be with them as they stand on the cusp of a potential caucus upset. While I personally disagree with Kent’s decision, and plan to stay with Michele Bachmann because I truly believe in her, I cannot, in good conscious watch a good man like Kent Sorenson be attacked as a 'sell-out' ….That is simply not the case, and it was not the basis of his decision,” said Mr. Enos.​

Ya probably won't hear this reported much on the MSM but here's where I found it:

Bachmann Key Aide’s Statement on Sen. Kent Sorenson - Bachman not being truthful

Expect Ms Bachmann's retribution to be swift and merciless for the above act of straying off the farm and telling the truth ..... as she flips from the "Baghdad Bob" persona to "Chemical Ali" .....

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

When Dr Paul's supporters are seen as 'cultlike', this vid explains why: among politicians and/or doctors, he is not like the rest.
Can anyone imagine a single other candidate behaving the same way? [Gingrich? Perry? Romney? When pigs fly!] Keep in mind that it was many years ago, and he is still that same man. Not perfect, but GOOD, in the right way.
This is the quality of integrity we need, if we hope to become America the Great once again.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
This is the quality of integrity we need, if we hope to become America the Great once again.

That's the whole thing. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who believes making America great comes solely from the people themselves, with the government either making it easier for them to do so, or by staying out of the way altogether.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"There's a lot of status quo politicians out there. If you pick another status quo politician, nothing's going to change."

You may or may not be surprised who said that, or when. I'll leave it to your imaginations. ;)

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
"There's a lot of status quo politicians out there. If you pick another status quo politician, nothing's going to change."

You may or may not be surprised who said that, or when. I'll leave it to your imaginations. ;)

That would be Ron Paul

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to go with Ron Paul on that type of quote.
As for the Bachmann mess, well that is what she has. A mess.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad ya liked it :D

Apparently Ms. Bachmann is having trouble getting others in her camp to wantonly participate in her "Baghdad Bob" Reality Distortion Field:

Ya probably won't hear this reported much on the MSM but here's where I found it:

Bachmann Key Aide’s Statement on Sen. Kent Sorenson - Bachman not being truthful

Expect Ms Bachmann's retribution to be swift and merciless for the above act of straying off the farm and telling the truth ..... as she flips from the "Baghdad Bob" persona to "Chemical Ali" .....

Maybe she is telling the truth afterall.

Former Sorenson campaign manager: Told me “several times” that Paul campaign offered money for switch « Hot Air

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Maybe she is telling the truth afterall.
If you are asking me which Bachmann campaign person seems the most credible - the Bachmann campaign person (Geddes) who essentially loses nothing ..... but conceivably only stands to gain .... by supporting Bachmann's allegations .....

.... or the one (Wes Enos) who, while still being with the Bachmann campaign, speaks out - against his own self-interest - saying that "I can say unequivocally that Kent Sorenson’s decision was, in no way financially motivated ....."

.... I'd be more inclined, at first blush, to buy in on the latter, rather than the former .... but then, I'm not all that cynical ...

Some folks clearly have personal integrity, others not so much ..... and still other have non at all .......

Given Bachmann's repeated history of misrepresenting the truth, it should come as no surprise that she falls into one of the latter two camps.

It's the problem with crying "wolf" once too often - you lose credibility.

Of course, it could all be part of the grand "Get-Michelle-Bachmann" conspiracy ..... :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for pointing me over there to "HotAir" ..... funny place (I knew about it, but never frequented it) ... a lot of the comments are ..... well, interesting ....

I noticed one commenter over there - goes by "conservative pilgrim" ...... wonder if that's anyone we know ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are asking me which Bachmann campaign person seems the most credible - the Bachmann campaign person (Geddes) who essentially loses nothing ..... but conceivably only stands to gain .... by supporting Bachmann's allegations .....

.... or the one (Wes Enos) who, while still being with the Bachmann campaign, speaks out - against his own self-interest - saying that "I can say unequivocally that Kent Sorenson’s decision was, in no way financially motivated ....."

.... I'd be more inclined, at first blush, to buy in on the latter, rather than the former .... but then, I'm not all that cynical ...

Some folks clearly have personal integrity, others not so much ..... and still other have non at all .......

Given Bachmann's repeated history of misrepresenting the truth, it should come as no surprise that she falls into one of the latter two camps.

It's the problem with crying "wolf" once too often - you lose credibility.

Of course, it could all be part of the grand "Get-Michelle-Bachmann" conspiracy ..... :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for pointing me over there to "HotAir" ..... funny place (I knew about it, but never frequented it) ... a lot of the comments are ..... well, interesting ....

I noticed one commenter over there - goes by "conservative pilgrim" ...... wonder if that's anyone we know ? :rolleyes:

In a delicious irony, could it be the one who spoke out against his self interest maybe was helping himself the most by doing something he knows will get him "fired". My guess is his next stop will be the Paul campaign. :rolleyes:

Top Bachmann aide out after flap over campaign switch – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like her campaign is going south. Will be interesting to see if she provides the evidence she claims she has.
If it's anything like the "evidence" she claimed was in the IAEA's report on Iran's nuclear situation, I'd say she's in a world of hurt :rolleyes: