Ron Paul Newsletter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
One point that should be noted - Ron Paul did not sign it - it's not his signature - which can be clearly seen if you compare to it his signature off his Wikipedia page:

500px-Ron_Paul_signature.svg.png

Wikipedia: Ron Paul

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
May or may not be. Anyone can sign their name differently. No one really knows. But if it was someone else, he is going to have a hard sell saying he doesn't know who wrote it.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
May or may not be.
It's not his signature.

Anyone can sign their name differently.
Certainly true - although there certain characteristics or things in the way one writes, that even if you are trying to write differently, still remain.

No one really knows.
LOL .... great attempt to cast an irrefutable doubt :rolleyes:

Let me see if I understand your position correctly:

He's altered his signature in one or the other instance.

1. In the case of the newsletter or whatever it is, theoretically Dr. Paul would have to make a conscious effort to intentionally alter his signature .... because this somehow might be a possible problem ...... how many years into the future ?

2. In the case of the signature I provided (which is his actual signature), he would have to alter that - and then think that that would realistically stand up to any amount of scrutiny ? (given the fact that there are literally thousands of copies of his actual signature out there in the public domain)

Which of the two above seem plausible to you ? (even if only remotely ?)

But if it was someone else, he is going to have a hard sell saying he doesn't know who wrote it.
Why is that ?

.... 'splain it to me like ..... well, you know ......

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This keeps being referenced on here so I thought I would do a quick search to find a copy of it. Of a[ll] places, the Huffington Post.
Dave,

I think I've filled in [in brackets above] what appeared to be a couple of missing letters in your original post - is that correct ?

If that is correct, I have a question:

Huffington Post, of all places ?

Why "of all places" ? :confused:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If we go with the theory it was someone else, would it not be a fair assumption that he knows who wrote it? After all, it is HIS personal newsletter.
How else do you think the general public is going to look at that? Especially coming from a politician. I think one has to be open to that possibility regardless of whether you support him or not.

Another item off that same site.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/ron-paul-newsletter-interview_n_1167645.html

Just didn't consider them as the first place I would see it.
Certainly some crazy stuff.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe there is another thoery that hasn't been explored. Maybe nobody wrote them. They just appeared from nobody out of thin air. Nobody has stepped forward to say they wrote them. Nobody's actual signature is written next to the newsletter so I guess nobody wrote them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe there is another thoery that hasn't been explored. Maybe nobody wrote them. They just appeared from nobody out of thin air. Nobody has stepped forward to say they wrote them. Nobody's actual signature is written next to the newsletter so I guess nobody wrote them.

Nobody is responsible for many of the problems we have today. Most people ignore Nobody which allows them to rain their havoc down on everybody.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
If we go with the theory it was someone else, would it not be a fair assumption that he knows who wrote it? After all, it is HIS personal newsletter.
How else do you think the general public is going to look at that? Especially coming from a politician. I think one has to be open to that possibility regardless of whether you support him or not.

Another item off that same site.
Ron Paul Touts Newsletters In 1987 Interview (VIDEO)

Just didn't consider them as the first place I would see it.
Certainly some crazy stuff.

That's where my head is on the subject. What politician puts out a newsletter with their name on it and then doesn't know who wrote it? If that wasn't his feelings on these subjects, wouldn't he have been in a hurry to refute them from the start? Just sayin'........

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's where my head is on the subject. What politician puts out a newsletter with their name on it and then doesn't know who wrote it? If that wasn't his feelings on these subjects, wouldn't he have been in a hurry to refute them from the start? Just sayin'........

I don't think it is a deal buster even if he wins IA and possibly NH. Go past that, and he better have some better answers than he has given so far. If not, the MSM will have a field day with it if he starts polling better than 20 percent nationally.
That is the big question though. If he didn't write them, one would think he would go out of his way to clear his name. Didn't happen. That in itself is surprising as politicians are quick to get the dirt cleaned up if they can.

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
This thing speaks for itself. It's a Ron Paul Newsletter and it's signed by Ron Paul. The content is his. Great Job, Dave KC. Let's see more of these, the truth will set Ron Paul free.:D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Well wait a minute.....just found THIS over on Hot Air. Seems like an awful lot of controversial stuff written over the course of a lot of years that Mr. Paul doesn't know about. :rolleyes: Just sayin'

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I don't think it is a deal buster even if he wins IA and possibly NH. Go past that, and he better have some better answers than he has given so far. If not, the MSM will have a field day with it if he starts polling better than 20 percent nationally.
That is the big question though. If he didn't write them, one would think he would go out of his way to clear his name. Didn't happen. That in itself is surprising as politicians are quick to get the dirt cleaned up if they can.

I have to disagree with you about the deal buster, Dave. I'm thinking if this was someone else, maybe someone that was taken more seriously, they would have been excoriated as soon as this came out, not on the umpteenth time they ran for the presidency, and yet it seems as though ALL of the media is just shrugging it's shoulders......hmmmm

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would have to agree. I think many don't really consider him a contender at this point. But if he gets into that 20 percent national polling, thy are going to come after him. If he stays down in the 10 percent range, they won't bother. Just my thinking.
But we have went a few weeks here as to how great he is, and since I was somewhat clueless & curious, I thought it worth a peek to see what was behind the door.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
here is one not about the letters he talks about earmarks however its the last question more his answer to that question. Just to funny. To me it shows he says he stands for one thing yet really is no different then the rest.
Term limits..
Yes, it is quite funny - people, who likely have no experience with, or real knowledge of, of the science and art of Public Relations, trying to do PR activities. It's sorta like watching a bull in a China shop ... or an auto-mechanic attempt to do brain surgery.

Based on my past observations of such, the usual result for those attempting such is shooting themselves in foot - because such things typically backfire. But believing that they themselves actually "know what they are doing" (or even worse: they believe that there isn't anything to know), they usually aren't amenable to the suggestion that they just simply stop pulling the trigger.

Often, during this sort of rather desperate endeavor, they will become highly emotional (which isn't necessarily a good thing) .... and continue on, not understanding that every action that they undertake is looked on as an opportunity, by those whom they are engaging.

Now, to the subject at hand - it is rather interesting how the video was cut off the before Dr. Paul's gave his full answer, is it not ?

I wonder why that was ?

Of course, anyone who actually attempting to be really honest and straight, wouldn't really do something like that would they ?

Now, someone who was trying to be dishonest just might (of course, so would someone who just didn't know any better and was simply trying to push a partisan agenda without any regard to the truth)

The easiest way to deal with this type of thing is just to post the entire interview (with no loaded, biased "editorial" comments on the front end) and let people actually just decide for themselves:

Ron Paul on Meet The Press 12-23-07 part 1 of 4

Ron Paul on Meet The Press 12-23-07 part 2 of 4

Ron Paul on Meet The Press 12-23-07 part 3 of 4

Ron Paul on Meet The Press 12-23-07 part 4 of 4

His entire answer, in context, is given in the second video above

Interesting how Dr. Paul's position on term limits takes on an entirely whole new light when the whole truth is provided in an unbiased manner allowing folks to judge for themselves.

The interesting thing that I find here in relation to all this "earmark" tempest in a teapot, is that we have people in this thread that self-identify as "conservatives" (so-called, anyways) .... who claim that they support "small government" condemn a Congressman, who holding a principled philosophical position (which one may or may not agree with), doesn't allow unallocated funds to go to the Executive Branch to be spent as they please - but instead ensures that the money the Federal Government has taken from those citizens is returned back his into district.

Apparently, the "conservative" position is that unallocated monies should just go to the Executive bureaucracy (thereby making Congress less accountable) - to be spent however unaccountable bureaucrats see fit - rather than to making the person in government, who is closest to them, take responsibility and be accountable for exactly how the monies they sent to Washington are spent.

Additionally, it seems that these "conservatives" would prefer not to hold Leviathan in check, ensuring that Leviathan is made to return the monies it has taken, so that they can be spent locally.

Hmmm .... some very interesting "conservative" ideas indeed .... :rolleyes:

Could it that there is confusion on the part of some as to what conservatism (and maybe honest politics as well) actually is ?

Could it be that some have been mislead by those on the electronic lobotomy box, and others elsewhere, as to what conservatism really, is and is not .... and have instead adopted a false ideology that isn't really "conservatism" at all ?

Food for thought ....

By the way, there is some rather instructive (and perhaps prescient) comments at about 4 minutes into the last video.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That poor Tim Russert, he was sooooo confused.
It is a rather telling statement indeed, when an individual would elevate a talking head on the MSM media, above a statesman.

Clearly the MSM propaganda is working ... for some anyways.

Perhaps even more telling is an inability to tell a principled statesman from mere politician.

Such are the times that try men's souls .....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This thing speaks for itself. It's a Ron Paul Newsletter and it's signed by Ron Paul. The content is his.
Impressive demonstration of critical thinking skills.

And actually it's not signed by him - and repeating that lie won't make it true, no matter how many times you say it.

Great Job, Dave KC.
Dave is being very, very careful in all of this - it appears that he at least somewhat cognizant of what the potential downside is.

Let's see more of these, the truth will set Ron Paul free.
Actually the more applicable statement, in light of some of what's going on in this thread, might be:

"Those that tell lies are doomed to be imprisoned by them ..."