please enlighten me

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Okay...this is the second time this past week I've seen this. I was at a shipper once, then a consignee the second time it happened, and I'm really confused. I needed to use the restroom. I found it, and upon opening the door I saw a "list of rules". The FIRST rule on both of these lists was, "DO NOT STAND ON SEAT". What??? I had to laugh, and ever since then I've been wondering who stands on a toilet seat, and why would they stand on a toilet seat? Keep in mind that there are not any children at these places, and no mirrors on the wall for someone to try and look at themselves in...lol. I just cant' figure out why this needs to be the number 1 rule on the list. Maybe that's why when you walk into these warehouses you can't find anyone to help you...there too busy standing on toilet seats. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Maybe they are referring to 3rd world immigrants . I know most Vietnamese did not have indoor plumbing and squatted in the rice paddies . When the women encountered toilets on America bases they squatted on the seats .

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I went in to a plant in Mason,OH once that had a sign in the break/driver's waiting area that said please don't feed the rodents. I think your's is a little better though.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Restrooms at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport should have signs that read STAND ON SEAT. Then Senator Larry Craig couldn't tap his feet and he would be in a whole lots less trouble.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I went with my in laws today looking at mobile homes and they had signs in the bathrooms that said these bathrooms have been sanitized for the future owners, which could be you, please don't use we have restrooms for you to use. I was thinking I thought people would now they were set up for display and not have any water or sewer lines hooked up, but I guess not.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yes, here we are in America. Our new people don't/won't speak english, squat on the kamode to deficate, and piss the rest of us off.

Signs won't do any good (they claim they can't read em), a real good latrine blanket party lesson is in order, even of, they think they have to post something like that.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Col,
Why use a blanket? When I was in boot camp we just tied our Gomer Pyle to the bed with dental floss and whooped him with soap in socks. What made it even better was no one untied him. So the next morning when the duty Drill Instructor came in and woke us up he didn't get up because he couldn't. We went though count and of course it was off. Did it two or three times then the DI realized the guy was still in the bed. Our Senior Drill Instructor said we was all going to get it while that guy was gone to sick call. He went to sick call and he said it was a job well done, and hopefully he would drop. Which he did, and we didn't get in any touble. I just knew we were going to the pit and we probobly would have gotten smoked if he hadn't dropped. Anyway back to topic.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I was thinking the same thing as RLENT there!! PILOT TO BOMBARDIER COME IN BOMBARDIER, GO AHEAD PILOT, BOMBARDIER WE ARE CIRCLING THE DROP ZONE--DROP ON MY COMMAND:D

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Yeah Terry, and DEEP TOO!!!

60MPH, What happens when you have a miscalculation of wind direction or speed? .....Gunny yells....OH CRAP.... MISSED!!!

gojack

Expert Expediter
You may be sorry you asked, but here goes,

On my first trip to a public mens room in Athens Greece (1977)
I was confronted with "toilets" that were a row of about a dozen
6" holes in the floor, no partitions or privacy...
no flush required, just drop pants, assume a slight squat and hit the hole.

The really discerning thing was the tiny whited haired grandma standing at the end,
keeping a watchful eye on everything and selling little packets of the roughest
toilet tissue I have ever seen.

The holes were surrounded by a white porcelain place to stand,
with indentations in the shape of two shoes, complete with nonskid bumps.,

No sewer traps, the sewer gas was awful.

I think "standing toilets" are a Middle Eastern thing.

i

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
While we were over in Muscat Oman the bathrooms were dangerous places. The higher class places had marble floors in the bathrooms with the squatty potties. After you used this thing there was a little hose to wash the area off and as you can imagine the marble floors and all that water and who knows what was a huge mess. I dreaded going to the public bathrooms over there.

As for the original point of this thread I think the sign was one of those you read and just go Huh? As with many of my posts who ever wrote that sign knew exactly what they were talking about.