Places you hate to go

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
New York City, Denver and anywhere we can't get a load.
We love driving out west, but can't afford to go there and sit for 5 days.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I-94 thru Minnesota,the roads are like wash boards,and the DOT officers are,I'll keep it clean.Also hate driving in Michigan,wait i live there,no wonder we never go there.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I also hate going to see my doctor,especially after turning 50!Especially if my loving wife made the appointment!! I also hate it when my loving wife watches the Doctors or Docter Oz,how many pills can one man take?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Ford in Claycomo. Every part of the country has its good parts and bad parts and I always found some enjoyment out of any destination, but I have no good memories of that Ford plant.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i hate to have to go and encounter this sign outside the facility. you never know what is inside those little rooms.

rattlesnakesign.jpg

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Cali would have to a big shove...like a return trip booked and confirmed type shove...oh and Florida is about to be ripped from my atlas as well...

See I hear that a lot from our drivers. But here is my problem. We get a lot of calls from customer (probably about twice a day) with desperation loads (means open checkbook) coming out of cali going to North Charleston, S.C. But we have tried to tell our drivers this, but they don't want the risk. A couple did it, and now love it.

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Ford in Claycomo. Every part of the country has its good parts and bad parts and I always found some enjoyment out of any destination, but I have no good memories of that Ford plant.

Because you get stuck there or because of the service? I know we dont send our straight trucks there, but we can get a tractor out prebooked no problaimo. But if this is due to service, thats what I wanna know. I want to get my drivers paid more for these crappy shipper and consignee attitudes.

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
I am certain that the sign is from a rest area. I think it is in the midwest. If you look in the upper left of the picture, it has a sign on the building saying "Women" like a bathroom. Google the sign, and you will see that it should be at a rest area in the midwest.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
jack berry where is that sign located

I believe I have seen a sign like that south of Albuquerque on I25. I have also seen them in Arizona. Being from Arizona I know where there is desert there are rattlesnakes and they blend in well.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Keep in mind folks..these signs are real and so are the rattlers..they WILL kill you..after my close encounter last summer and the way that snake grabbed the shovel...real nasty set of fangs...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep in mind folks..these signs are real and so are the rattlers..they WILL kill you..after my close encounter last summer and the way that snake grabbed the shovel...real nasty set of fangs...

I doubt that a rattle snake could kill YOU!! You are just too feisty for that!! LOL!! In reality, there only about 6 rattle snake related deaths each year. Many snake bite are dry, I.E. no venom injected. Disability is a bigger problem.

Snake Envenomation, Rattle: eMedicine Emergency Medicine

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You feeling lucky today Punk....? Clint Eastwood voice...*LOL*

LOL!! I am not too worried about snakes this time of year. At least not up north. We don't have many rattle snakes, only one kind, in Michigan and they are located in only two or three counties. No other poisonous snakes in Michigan. They were a problem where we lived in South Carolina. We lived near 6 Mile mountain which was known at the timber rattler capital of the State. We also had copperheads and cottonmouths on our property.

The worst I have ever seen for snakes was when I was fighting fires down in Everglades Park. We had to wear metal leggings there. That was before they had the nice light weight protection that they make today.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
In 2005 I was talked into delivering two pallets of computers a block from Times Square on Christmas Eve. I paid a guy to watch the truck while going to the 7 floor with 4 ea on a hand truck. Buy the time I was done, I paid the guard, tipped the cop, paid a parking ticket. Those expenses were about $300 bucks. The load paid $3. p/mile from Indy. Never will I do that again. Back then the L company loved to ad the lift gate into the truck pay then pay 62%, another way to ###&* the operator. Oh yes don't have trouble because they did not want to hear from you. Remember, you are a BCO, once you load your on your own.