Places you hate to go

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I am certain that the sign is from a rest area. I think it is in the midwest. If you look in the upper left of the picture, it has a sign on the building saying "Women" like a bathroom. Google the sign, and you will see that it should be at a rest area in the midwest.

nah...that'd be from a sissy state...out here we know to look where we walk.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I believe I have seen a sign like that south of Albuquerque on I25. I have also seen them in Arizona. Being from Arizona I know where there is desert there are rattlesnakes and they blend in well.

THAT sign was in montana at a rest stop. i of course did not see it before entering into the facility. gracie saw it and carefully opened each door before selecting a stall. it was late november/early december and no snow had fallen yet. the facility was warm the ground was not.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have Rattlers, Moccasin's, Copperheads, some Coral even some Gators close to the house. As long as you don't step on them they will leave you alone. As far as Moccasin's getting in the boat, their just looking for dry place. I think.
Had a rat snake in the house once. They don't bother you, but your wife now that's a treat. For a while anyway. I don't remember how long she was actually gone, long time ago.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rules to live by number 37: Every snake on the planet is poisonous.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Any location that has a wanna be cop for a guard that lives on stupid pills and treats all truck drivers like they're trash!

Had one the other night that really got on my bad side. Arrive at customer one hour ahead of schedule on a HOT load that HAD to be (per the customer) delivered and off our deck within eight hours from the time it was loaded. Guard on stupid pills tells us we will have to wait until midnight (five hours later) to unload and need to leave. Explain this is hot load per customer, she doesn't care. Stupid then instructs us to do a u-turn onto the street that a D-unit couldn't make instead of allowing us to go through the gate and down to the exit gate that the trucks use to get back onto the street. Stupid proceeds to get irrate when I tell her my 80' long truck cannot make the turn and either I must go through the gate or back down to the entrance off the road to their driveway, which I now cannot do because one of their trucks pulled up behind me. Guard yells at me to move my truck NOW cause I'm blocking her trucks from coming in. I yell back! Wife ask driver that pulled up behind us if he could back up so we can back past him. He says no that he can't back his doubles up. Then things got real ugly between me and the guard on stupid pills.

Finally get enough room to back past post on each side. Have to go long way around (8 miles) to get back to where guard says we have to wait. Get parked and customer pulls up saying come on in so we can unload you, should of had you unloaded an hour ago!

Sadly, you get what you pay for when you hire a Rent A Cop instead of placing one of your own employees that get it at the gate!

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Any location that has a wanna be cop for a guard that lives on stupid pills and treats all truck drivers like they're all trash!

Had one the other night that really got on my bad side. Arrive at customer one hour ahead of schedule on a HOT load that HAD to be (per the customer) delivered and off our deck within eight hours from the time it was loaded. Guard on stupid pills tells us we will has to wait until midnight (five hours later) to unload and need to leave. Explain this is hot load per customer, she doesn't care. Stupid then instructs us to do a u-turn onto the street that a D-unit couldn't make instead of allowing us to go throudh the gate and down to the exit gate that the trucks use to get back onto the street. Stupid proceeds to get irrate when I tell her my 80' long truck cannot make the turn and either I must go through our back down to the entrance off the road to their driveway. Guard yells at me to move my truck NOW cause I'm blocking her trucks from coming in. I yell back! Wife ask driver that pulled up behind us if he could back up so we can back past him. He says no that he can't back his doubles up. Then things got real ugly between me and the guard on stupid pills.

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Now that's what I call a lot of STRESS!

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Now that's what I call a lot of STRESS!

No stress here! I just like yelling at ignorant people that are stupid enough to first yell at me and deserve to be yelled at! LOL As I'm getting older and more ornery, I'm putiing up with that crap less and less!

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I'm getting older and more ornery, I'm putiing up with that crap less and less!

I resemble that remark more and more as time goes on. I'm at that stage where I wouldn't have backed up. I'd have told her to call her boss and if the boss was equally stupid I'd have told them I'm either driving through or staying put but I'm really far along on the ornery scale.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I resemble that remark more and more as time goes on. I'm at that stage where I wouldn't have backed up. I'd have told her to call her boss and if the boss was equally stupid I'd have told them I'm either driving through or staying put but I'm really far along on the ornery scale.

She should've been shot. :p

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

greg334

Veteran Expediter
With the multi-million dollar cargo, you would actually back up and risk having an accident?

I would have parked the thing and demanded to see her supervisor and then tell them to get a manager or someone who can make a decision all the time calling the customer and telling them they refuse to let you on the property.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, if all stupid people were shot what would we do with 90% less liberals and 20% less everyone else?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
No stress here! I just like yelling at ignorant people that are stupid enough to first yell at me and deserve to be yelled at! LOL As I'm getting older and more ornery, I'm putiing up with that crap less and less!

U were hving a Charles Bronson moment,,,I miss him and his movies,,,those get even moments of life we never seem to get,IMHO:)