Places you hate to go

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Tell me of places you hate to go in the U.S. Whether you specific as shipping/receiving offices, or you just hate the roads on I-40 westbound coming into Tennessee. I personally hated going to any forwarding companies because it almost always dry ran with me or the freight was more than a 28ft truck could handle. But they called for a 20ft. truck.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
NYC the 5 burroughs..nope nada..long Island I am good with...

Cali as well...been there done that...nothing there for me...

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Anything east of the Ohio P.A. line down to Virginia. Virginia is a good starting place for me, anything north of that is not!
I also don't like going to Calif.
However, if push came to shove, i spose I would go if I really had to.:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything east of the Ohio P.A. line down to Virginia. Virginia is a good starting place for me, anything north of that is not!
I also don't like going to Calif.
However, if push came to shove, i spose I would go if I really had to.:D

Cali would have to a big shove...like a return trip booked and confirmed type shove...oh and Florida is about to be ripped from my atlas as well...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
twist the grip and let it rip,,,will work for food,,dont really care most of the time where i go.........................everyday is a bucket list IMHO:D

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Washington, D.C.

Never ever have been able to get a load out of there. And not a good place to park while waiting. At least not close by.

Louisisana

Don't mind the roads or climate, but never got a load back out.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
ANYWHERE in California!! We do what we have to do, BUT, we are being FAR pickier on loads that take us out there. Those loads have to pay a LOT or no go. It can just be far too iffy out there.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
ANYWHERE in California!! We do what we have to do, BUT, we are being FAR pickier on loads that take us out there. Those loads have to pay a LOT or no go. It can just be far too iffy out there.

This is a good example of how different trucks within the same carrier look at load areas. California is usually very good to us and we want a load going out there and try to stay as long as we can as the money is good. We do not like going north of California as we do not get out of Oregon or Washington very easily and usually end up being relocated back to California.

I do not like getting anywhere near Bordentown NJ as that area is not good for us mentally or monetary.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a good example of how different trucks within the same carrier look at load areas. California is usually very good to us and we want a load going out there and try to stay as long as we can as the money is good. We do not like going north of California as we do not get out of Oregon or Washington very easily and usually end up being relocated back to California.

I do not like getting anywhere near Bordentown NJ as that area is not good for us mentally or monetary.

I don't mean to be picky...but why wouldn't they(Feds) let Joe take surface out of Cali? or have the ops too...?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Yes Linda, this does show quite will how different trucks with the same carrier run differently. We LIKE Bordentown, there is a LOT of freight out of that area for us. SOMETIMES California can be VERY good but we have also been stuck losing money out there as well. It is iffy for us out there.

We will take loads to the Seattle area, just to get some time to visit with our son and granddaughter. We seem to get out of there fairly quickly too, most of the time anyway. Did get stuck out there REALLY bad once. That is the nature of the business.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I don't mean to be picky...but why wouldn't they(Feds) let Joe take surface out of Cali? or have the ops too...?

Explosives

We also have a cheaper truck to run and we can take loads cheaper then Joe can.

The reason we have a cheaper truck to run is we are not a reefer and do not have to maintain a reefer or a T-Val status.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

They will LET us take anything that we can legally carry. That load may NOT even be enough to cover my costs let alone make some profit. We are offered most loads that the other trucks would see but they are often offered at rates FAR below what we need to make a profit.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Depending on the time of year,as long as I don't loose money on a round,I'll go anywhere I'm asked to go.In the winter I rarely go to the north west,you just don't know when the roads will be closed do to weather.
Do to Canadian laws,truck isn't legal in Canada,so I don't run Canada.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't like getting within 50 miles of purgatory although with the van it's less so since clearance is no longer an issue. Have passed by NYC on some interstate one time a few years back and that was close enough for me. No interest in returning to the far northeast unless it includes an actual tour of Electric Boat and the CG and Navy facilities in Groton/New London. Don't really want to get within 50 miles of Atlanta unless coming in only to the suburb on the ham radio store side of town. Hate driving 10 in LA., 40 in parts of AR. and TN., shoot, just make it parts of every interstate in every state since the idiots spend money where it doesn't belong instead of keeping the roads up.