Pirates

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When interviewed, last week, the pizza dude said that he was paying his own expenses for the trip to D.C.

Mike

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The MSM is reporting what barrys press is feeding them....I made the mistake of not seperating Adminal Gortney and Commander Castellano, Gortney is in Washington he DIDn't order the shootings he was still advocating the clear guidance and authroity to let the FBI "TALKERS" do their thing, that is why one pirate was in board for "face to face" talks when Commander Castelllano decided to take the shots.....Castellano had no contact or ok from the white house, he acted when he felt the captain was in eniment danger and his men did there job.
Chef, yer commin' off looking like a nutcase here. You're rewriting current events to suit you. For one, Gortney was in Bahrain, not Washington. Second, Obama is not "feeding" the MSM press anything. They are reporting the same thing that the press around the world is reporting, including press that is not a fan of Obama.

The Rule of Engagement were in place from Day One on this thing, and they didn't suddenly change when Castellano decided to fire. They were, from Day One, if the captain's life was in imminent danger, then he had authority to take whatever action he deemed necessary, within the Rule of Engagement. No US Naval commander is going to fire upon anyone unless the Commander in Chief says so, be it in a direct order or as part of the standing Rules of Engagement. That's why they call them Rules of Engagement.

But lets give barry the credit, even if he did give the order, it wasn;t until SATURDAY!! FIVE DAYS after the hostages were taken and then it was at the insistances of the DOD ,he wouldn't do it on his own..
You're wrong. Flat out wrong. The Rules of Engagement were in place from the beginning. Once the situation became such that the DoD felt they had a chance to take out the pirates and rescue the captain, they informed Obama and, by all accounts, he signed off on it without hesitation. I promise you, it's highly unlikely that anyone from the DOD had a gun to Obama's head. He gave the go-ahead on his own.

The captain dies and it's because Obama failed. The Captain is rescued and it's in spite of Obama failing. See? You're looking like a nutcase here.

As for the sniper shoots, they were taken from 70 mieters, just a tad over 100 yrs, 330 feet in rolling seas...and they SNIPERS took their shots and made them.......without barrys doing anything other then eat gourmet pizza from a chef that he had flown in from st louis at 860 air miles........
Hey, nutcase central.... Are you even aware that when the snipers fired that the lifeboat was tethered to the Bainbridge with a 100-foot tow line and was being towed from choppy seas out to calmer waters? Apparently not.

We don't negoicate with terrorist,
Wow, sharp as a tack I see. Nothing gets by you.

We will, however, negotiate with pirates. Please don't tell me that you think pirates on the high seas are the same as terrorists. I'd really like to be able to give you at least a little credit now and then.

We will also negotiate with captors of US citizens. Always have, and probably always will. History has shown, more often than not, that the captives come out alive more often after negotiating than they do when all options have been taken away from the captors. The only things that we will not allow into the negotiations is more arms or any ransom.

there should have been 1 option on the table, let the captain go by "X" hour or die.....that should have been in place from day one and they should have known it, not playing games and trying to make a deal, that wasn't going to happen as barry wanted it to anyhow......
Well, it's a good thing you're not in charge of anything, especially anything dealing with international problems, because the above just reeks of ignorance and knee-jerk stupidity. The CEO of Maersk had his wishes that had to be considered. The other 200-plus hostagaes was also a consideration. The whole purpose of this mess was to get the captain out alive, not to prove to the world that the US Navy could blow a lifeboat out of the water.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
of course with the pirates being in an enclosed lifeboat it makes targeting them a little harder.

msn backtracks??? when was the announcement that you, dennis, are to be contacted first with every decision the pres has to make? where does it say everything in a particular situation has to be made public the moment it is uttered? do you think if the pirates knew they were in danger of being shot they would have been visible?

ask yourself and your sources this.....when will the international community take the lead against these pirates? why does the usa have to lead? when will germany, england, france or russia level the port town where these guys are located?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle I regret to inform you that you are knocking on a door where no one is home...;)

As he stated before..he doesn't care if it is the truth or not...he'll lie,twist, contort and make anything up that goes against anyone of his disliking...Facts are irrelevant to him....

It is impossible to have an intelligent dialogue.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I read the same thing from Reuters and the BBC as the story broke. 4 days ago the rules of engagement were reported, and they were simply that no one was to fire upon the pirates unless the hostage was in imminent danger. People can read into that whatever they like, and spin it however they wish.

I hate orders like that ,but kudos to the commander , stander orders worded that way are Executive cya orders so if something bad happens those above can claim there was no eminent threat and your going to Kansas.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats my point...seems some add or subtract facts to suit their purpose.

chef said
Anyone read anywhere it said head shots?? and clean ones at that..

Yep I have heard that it was 3 head shots, CNN, Fox and ABC, all three shots was fired at once 30 to 35 meters in rolling seas.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can bet Lil Barry had a good set of CYA orders out there. He never was one to hang his butt out in harms way. Layoutshooter

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Seems the intrepid pirates were four teenage boys. Good grief, possibly the most lopsided mismatch in modern history. I am so glad the Navy Seals got to them before they could harm the American hostage. More asymmetrical warfare on the horizon.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
4 teenage boys with automatic weapons. They got what they asked for. I feel no pity. I will feel no pity if we flatten that coast line either. Just give notice. You have 48 hours to leave, amnisty stations are set up to take you in. Then the Navy, Marines and Air Force have a new target range. Layoutshooter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Then the Navy, Marines and Air Force have a new target range. Layoutshooter
As neat, keen supercool and groovy as that sounds, they really don't. We're not at war with Somalia, or even with the pirates. Piracy is not an act of war, its not even terrorism, it's a criminal act. The US military is not a world police, we're not the 911 phone call for the world's crime problems. They can help protect shipping to a point, but only to a point. We can't invade or blow up a country because a few of its citizens are committing crimes on the high seas.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
As neat, keen supercool and groovy as that sounds, they really don't. We're not at war with Somalia, or even with the pirates. Piracy is not an act of war, its not even terrorism, it's a criminal act. The US military is not a world police, we're not the 911 phone call for the world's crime problems. They can help protect shipping to a point, but only to a point. We can't invade or blow up a country because a few of its citizens are committing crimes on the high seas.

Apparently it has been customary for commercial ships not to carry arms on board due to the risk of mutiny. I think the risk of piracy certainly trumps that today. As far as I have been able to find out, there is no legal reason not to arm these sailors, or at least have armed guards on board. I think it's time.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
You post picture!
smiley_face.jpg

I can't comment on that..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They hijacked more ships today. You are right Turtle. Just let them continue. They have already passed more than 100 million dollars to Al Qaida. We have no war. Every one just loves us. We now have Coca-Cola deploymacy. You can live in the world of words, I prefere the real world. There is only ONE way to stop them, either we do it, since no one else in the world will, or they will continue. Keep letting them get away with it, more shipping will be disrupted, more money passed to hate groups and many many lives will be lost. "To the Shores of Tripoly" We took care of things back then. Of course, we were not a nation of cowards led by a true sniveling coward. Layoutshooter

DougTravels

Not a Member
Untested as yet, yes. True Sniveling Coward? How can you make that leap? You may be right, but it is premature for that label.

mmmmmm-yellowey

btw if anyone has heard the Iron Sheik interviewed on Stern in the last few months and wants a few laughs. Read the now closed thread, and for the voice of the guy now temp gone use Sheiks voice.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Untested as yet, yes. True Sniveling Coward? How can you make that leap? You may be right, but it is premature for that label.

mmmmmm-yellowey

btw if anyone has heard the Iron Sheik interviewed on Stern in the last few months and wants a few laughs. Read the now closed thread, and for the voice of the guy now temp gone use Sheiks voice.

I love that interview ....He goes on the road occasionally with Shuli and the killers of comedy..I'd like to see that.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Prediction on how events will unfold over the next several months. The pirates will continue to hijack ships in increasing numbers. The hijacking will become more and more violent. Many Putzes in here and on the news will blame our action on the increase in the violence. The polls will start to reflect this and King Putz the 1st, being a Clinton style poll watcher with no real backbone or personal convictions, will back off and blame the navel commander for the increase in violence and go on a talikng rampage. Head whinning to the UN who will do nothing and many innocent lives will be lost. Just a prediction. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is a reason that I say to deal with these pirates like I say to. I learned this lesson very graphically when I was a boy maybe 10 or 11 years old.

I was always small for my age, short, skinny etc. A prime target for the neighborhood bully. His name was Billy Bustface (not his real name, I leave it out because "Billy" did time for attempted murder. He "got saved" while in prison and has completely turned his life around).

Billy was two years older than me and much bigger. He was a disturbed child in every sense of the word. He used to sit out in his dad's pigeon coop and pull the heads off of the birds. One of his favorite things to do was to shoot kids with his BB gun as they passed by. When he ran out of BB's he would beat me up.

Every summer his dad would take away his BB gun after he shot some kid but would buy him a new one each Christmas. I talked with my dad many times but he always said the same thing. You have to learn to deal with bullies on your own. Until you stand up to them they will never stop. My dad was right. It did not stop, until Christmas day one year.

My cousin, Betty Barn swallows (not her real name) had both received new ice skates for Christmas. Billy had got a new BB gun, what else? Betty and I went to the local outdoor rink to try out our new skates. Mine were great, very sharp, hockey skates. I could fly in them. I was all over the ice. Billy came to the rink, with his BB gun. I guess he learned that if he shot a kid his dad would take it away so instead he walked up to Betty and "Butt Stroked" her to the ear with the stock of the BB gun. I saw red!! But this time, he was mine!! I was a wiz on skates and Billy was on shoes.

I hit him with my best cross check, right between his shoulder blades and down he went. I was on him like "White on Snow" I rolled him over and sat on his chest, my legs pinning his arms at his sides. I then proceeded to mash his face like so many potatoes. I knocked two teeth out and loosened a couple of more. His face looked very much like raw hamburger. It was like "Ralphie" on the Christmas story when he whipped his bully. The "curse words" were flying. I had only learned them the week before and had no idea in the world what they meant but I used every one of them and made up several as I went along.

After a good five minutes of 5 or 6 minutes of good solid "butt kicking" several of my friends pulled me off of Billy. He had to be helped home. He spent the rest of Christmas Day at the dentist and doctors offices. He needed several stitches. Both eyes were black and swelled shut.

I was sure I was going to get killed when I got home, for the cussing, no way. I thought my dad was going to bust with pride. His son had taken down the neighborhood bully!!!

After that Billy Bustface never bothered me again. In fact, no other bully bothered me again. Not even the kids from Ray Street!! Not even Marty Meany the primary bully on Ray Street.

It is the same in world politics. These pirates will continue to get away with this until we stop them. No other country will do it, so we will have too.

Layoutshooter

DougTravels

Not a Member
I'm really glad you mentioned Ralphie, cause I was starting to think that you were confusing your childhood with that movie.