Pirates

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No need Rocket, Mrs. Layoutshooter and I just went to the dentist last week. As to the movie, that is why is was soooo good and funny. It was like a Norman Rockwell painting. Every kid had a BillyBustFace in his life. How they handled "Billy" taught them life lessons. Those included: knowing that if you get punched it hurts and you live through it. Knowning that bullys can only prey on the weak. If you show weakness you invite the bully to come after you. Bullys no longer bully when you kick thier butt.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
No need Rocket, Mrs. Layoutshooter and I just went to the dentist last week. As to the movie, that is why is was soooo good and funny. It was like a Norman Rockwell painting. Every kid had a BillyBustFace in his life. How they handled "Billy" taught them life lessons. Those included: knowing that if you get punched it hurts and you live through it. Knowning that bullys can only prey on the weak. If you show weakness you invite the bully to come after you. Bullys no longer bully when you kick thier butt.

Agreed. I think any of us who have made it this far in life have had at least one of these run ins.I myself am rather large in stature. I have been so since I was a kid. I was always a target of the bullies in those days. It seems like every little guy wanted to pick on the big guy.. I had no choice but to take somebody down every once in a while to keep from being constantly attacked.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is how they handled thier "Billy" that made it important. If they mishandled it they never learned the proper lessons. At some point standing up to a "bully" or say, these pirates, is the only answer. They took 4 more boats today and more hostages. We must take them out, for good. They know no other way. The U.S. is NOT the cause of this problem, they are. They are just another "BillyBustFace". Only on a much more dangerous level. Obama has only two choices, not act and show cowardece which will insure more and biggers attacks or "Punch BillyBustFace" back, hard, then they will stop. It is that simple. Those are the only two ways. One works, one does not. Layoutshooter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It is how they handled thier "Billy" that made it important. If they mishandled it they never learned the proper lessons. At some point standing up to a "bully" or say, these pirates, is the only answer. They took 4 more boats today and more hostages. We must take them out, for good.
Why "we"? They took 4 more boats today, not one of which belonged to the US.

The pirates have to be dealt with, but not by invading and destroying Somalia. That makes US the bully.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One, because for the most part, only the U.S. has the "stones" to do anything. Two, it is hurting world trade. And most important, because it is the RIGHT thing to do!! I would bet money that most of Samolia would love rid of these clowns. Read my earlier post, with my predictions on what was going to happen. I am a bit surprised it happened so fast but so far, word for word on every count. My what experience will do for you. Layoutshooter

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
One, because for the most part, only the U.S. has the "stones" to do anything. Two, it is hurting world trade. And most important, because it is the RIGHT thing to do!! I would bet money that most of Samolia would love rid of these clowns. Read my earlier post, with my predictions on what was going to happen. I am a bit surprised it happened so fast but so far, word for word on every count. My what experience will do for you. Layoutshooter

Most of Somalia IS these clowns! If you have had any dealings with Somalians you know what I mean. It isn't a racial thing it's just the way it is. Believe me, I could go on all day... Bad news!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A good bit of Africa is messed up and I have no idea why. The continent has resources out the kazoo. There is no good reason why it has not moved ahead. There has been people there longer than every where else. Even so, I still imagine that many of the "every day" people would love a break. They must be tired of all the "garbage" they have to deal with on a daily basis. Layoutshooter

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
A good bit of Africa is messed up and I have no idea why. The continent has resources out the kazoo. There is no good reason why it has not moved ahead. There has been people there longer than every where else. Even so, I still imagine that many of the "every day" people would love a break. They must be tired of all the "garbage" they have to deal with on a daily basis. Layoutshooter
They refuse to embrace modernity. These throwbacks are at least 500 years behind the times. Just like the tribal culture in Afghanistan, Muslim fundamentalists have a death grip on these poor folks. Somalia has no functioning government to speak of and little chance of moving forward into the 21st century. It doesn't have to be that way, but it is.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, many of the groups opporating there are Al Qada based. Funny, we are told to deal "nice" with them to maybe end this mess but they are the ones who use food as a weapon. They are the ones that attack aid convoys. It would be hard to bomb them back the the stone age, they are already there. Layoutshooter

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Yes, many of the groups opporating there are Al Qada based. Funny, we are told to deal "nice" with them to maybe end this mess but they are the ones who use food as a weapon. They are the ones that attack aid convoys. It would be hard to bomb them back the the stone age, they are already there. Layoutshooter

What would we bomb? Mud huts?

They don't need bombing. They need liberation from their oppressors.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree, how do you do that without military action? Nothing short of that will work. Our military is way too small, it never fully recovered from Clinton and now we are gutting it further. I see little hope for peace in that region or anywhere now. Weakness breeds contempt. Layoutshooter

DougTravels

Not a Member
I agree, how do you do that without military action? Nothing short of that will work. Our military is way too small, it never fully recovered from Clinton and now we are gutting it further. I see little hope for peace in that region or anywhere now. Weakness breeds contempt. Layoutshooter

Wow it is Clinton's fault the military is short of serviceman? C'mon Shooter we would have over 4,200 more alive and over 31,000 not wounded had we not been led into finishing Daddies battle in Iraq.
Attacking Countries who never threatened you breeds worldwide contempt.:(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have no idea in the world of what you are talking about. I can sight chapter and verse on what programs Clinton gutted, troop levels cut and how it directly led to 9/11. If I could get my hands on the "stuff" I worked with you would say it is wrong. How much experience do you have in this field? I was VERY involved with it for a VERY long time. The news stories on most everything that I worked on during my career were either lies, half-truths or fairy tales. Yes, I am calling most of our new media LIARS and would do so to thier face, and prove it. I no longer with to argue with you over this. When you come up with the back round, the study and the years involved as I have then we can talk. I wish not to talk with a re-run of the talking heads I see on CNN. Layoutshooter

DougTravels

Not a Member
So what about the 4,200 dead soldiers, honorable young Americans fighting to free a bunch of people who hate us. If Iraq ever threatened us directly or indirectly we could have cleaned the slate over there, with very little if any loss of American life. Even if they had a WMD, do you think they could have delivered it to American soil?
I respect your service, but why do you blame Clinton, he is not the one who sent these Honorable Americans to their deaths unneccessarily.
I repeat if Saddam ever tried a military move vs the US we would have cleaned the slate over there (Truman Style)and no one including China and Russia would have helped them. There was absolutely no serious threat, but over 4,200 are dead and you blame Bill.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
4200 is less than was killed on the beaches of Normandy in ONE day!!. I dont's be-little there sacrifice. I have had and will again have relitives fighting over there. Clinton cut counter-terrorism programs out of the intell buget first and most above all else. He cut troop levels well below what was needed for the times. He cut the funding of the intell services so far that we were un-able to even come close to operating. He cut manning levels at the intell servicies to extremely low levels. It takes a MINIMUM of 10-15 YEARS for a intell person to get really good at thier job. We have yet to catch up. Now, with Barry, we won't. Tell, what is your backround? Ever have to work with stuff like I did? It took over 3 YEARS for the nightmares to stop after I quit. You have no idea what goes on in the world and I doubt you really want to know. Most likely would have trouble dealing with it too. Much too real, not a video game. Layoutshooter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So what about the 4,200 dead soldiers, honorable young Americans fighting to free a bunch of people who hate us.

I hear you on the dead but you got the idea that they hate us, they don't.

If Iraq ever threatened us directly or indirectly we could have cleaned the slate over there, with very little if any loss of American life. Even if they had a WMD, do you think they could have delivered it to American soil?

Doug, dont' be so naive. I'll put it to you in another way.

Once upon a time there was a guy named Timothy McVeigh, he got himself in trouble with a rolling van bomb - remember.

This guy Timothy McVeigh wasn't rich, he wasn't too smart and didn't have a bunch of scientists and military strategist at his disposal. But he did do a lot of damage - right?

Now if you think for one second that Saddam didn't have weapons that could kill a lot of people, couldn't deliver them to the US to kill Americans, than how the hell could a poor American nut job do so much damage?

It amazes me that people don't get that this guy sat on billions of dollars, had ties with all the nice people of the world and even had the UN supplying him with material to kill people with.

Now the other thing that you may forget is that president bush actually fulfilled the United State's policy on Iraq which was created by Clinton, and it was to remove Saddam. Clinton is to blame for Iraq because it was his policy we all followed.

DougTravels

Not a Member
Now the other thing that you may forget is that president bush actually fulfilled the United State's policy on Iraq which was created by Clinton, and it was to remove Saddam. Clinton is to blame for Iraq because it was his policy we all followed.-Greg334

I believe you have lost your mind Greg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Clinton was well aware of the WMD arsenal that Saddam had. He also had no idea in the world how to deal with it or anything else that involved the military. Just look at it from a personnel side. You have a boss that "loathes" the very work that you do, that feels you are a "fool" for doing it and does not trust anything that you do. Do you really believe that you would do your best for him? Moral was VERY low in those days. Then he started with the cuts. He might have had an idea about Saddam but as with most academics with no real experience that all it was, an idea. He did NOT have the sense to listen to those who knew. Layoutshooter

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
This is a fine example of Bush Derangemet Syndrome. Otherwise intelligent people lose perspective and cognitive function where W. is concerned.

The Bush administration chose to take preemptive action in the face of unacceptable risks. It really is that simple.