Panther2 loads last week

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
#3 in Tulsa??? You may as well be in Timbuktu! It's only 360 miles to St.Louis. I know it's a bit far, but it's better than sitting for days n days. Think about it...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I agree with Thawk.
Anywhere in Missouri is better than #3 in Tulsa unless you are the #3 truck but #1 team.

I likely would have taken the Missouri load.

Davekc

wolfen

Expert Expediter
Ended up sitting in Tulsa until the next AM, then got a load offer that picked up in Fayetteville, AR and we were out of there. Just enough time to do laundry, eat, shower and sleep.:)

garman351

Expert Expediter
I have seen a pattern for the last several months with a team that I know of. Week ends 90% of the time they sit, and now I have seen this team lose at least one to two days a week sitting waiting for a load.

How can a team make any money that way?

A team working full time to get part time pay!

They keep hearing September will be super busy according to Panther, well we hope so. Because the rest of the year its just a hit and a miss, with more misses than a hit.

The best week they ever had they grossed $4,500 for the miles paid plus fuel S/C. A team should make that every week I would think.

Lets not get into knowing the areas bla bla bla, this team is very good and they know the system, (to many trucks thats the problem.)

Any bets on how many teams will fail when freight stops at Dec-20 to mid February of 06 before the business starts to even get moving?

I hope all you Panther drivers have a nice Holiday weekend and, save all that extra hard earned money they keep telling us about starting in September, because we all will need it come mid December on.

bigguy1001

Expert Expediter
Garman, It's plain to see from your posts your not a Panther fan. From looking at the name in your profile and the only driver with that name last drove for Panther last in 2001. Are you from Tennesse? I am not sure why you feel so much passion in your dislike of P2. But I am positive you know little or nothing about the company. I would like to help the team you speak of though. Have them call the Contractor Support Dept. If they have been here a while and $4500 is their best week there is something missing. The Contractor Support Dept can help them figure out what it is. Them all they will have to do is be willing to follow the advice. Sometimes that's the hardest part to get done.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
garmin wrote;
Lets not get into knowing the areas bla bla bla, this team is very good and they know the system, (to many trucks thats the problem.

If they know the system as well as you indicate, they shouldn't be having a problem. Regardless of the expedite company, location is everything. What loads is he excepting and declining? It seems there may be some issues there. If he is as educated within the system as you say, he should be aquiring his own loads if he is in an area that has as you state, " has too many trucks".
If he has the knowledge to find his own loads, it doesn't matter whether Panther has one truck in the area or a hundred.

Based on your version, my conclusion is the he doesn't know the system. I think Bigguy was eluding to that as a possibility.
Lastly, if he is in these dire straits, have his whole operation looked at by contractor relations, or have him PM me.
You won't see me sugar coating anything.
He may have alot of experience driving, but that is much different as to whether he has that experience with Panther's system.

Davekc
owner
21 years

Davekc

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Expedite drivers should be given a Crystal Ball upon hiring. This way a driver would know each day is a toss up.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The horse carcass is gone. All we're doing now is beating the bones of the dead horse. Next thing "said bones" will be completely pulverized and up and vanish like a fart in the wind lol.

Reactions: Solar

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A 13 year old thread about Panther is revived and already has 10 times as many replies than the Panther Premium Logistics slot in the Carrier Forums has received this year.