Panther Orientation

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yha ,
Don't stay at the supper8 .
it's a great opportunity to practice a new signature .
good luck.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd add my 2 cents worth, but I have never been to a Panther orientation.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
I'd add my 2 cents worth, but I have never been to a Panther orientation.

I too have never been to a Panther orientation nor do I have a desire to attend one but I am thinking that a Fedex or E 1 conference call would be very entertaining.

fasttrac

Seasoned Expediter
Haha, very entertaining indeed....and worth the while.....

My huband and i did attend panther orientation in july 09 and i got a few peices of advice... #1, bring ur own lunch. they dont fix enough 4 everybody. #2, dont stay at the super 8. TRUST ME.. #3, dont trust anything they tell u, its 99% lies. and the #4 and final peice of advice i can offer u is RUN!!! to any other expidite company, RUN VERY,VERY FAST!!!!:p

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is ok better than a few other expidite Co super 8 ok but i stay at red roof inn up 71 a few xt's lies nope just have to Liston to exactly what they are saying

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
My huband and i did attend panther orientation in july 09 and i got a few peices of advice... #1, bring ur own lunch. they dont fix enough 4 everybody.

Might have to agree with you on this one...but hey its not a buffet..plan ahead..smart thinking.

#2, dont stay at the super 8. TRUST ME..

This one is interesting..I stay there all the time, for the price its is well worth it for me and my drivers. The only problem I have ever had in the last 4 yrs was a key problem, but that was taken care with no issues.

#3, dont trust anything they tell u, its 99% lies.
This one really bothers me..please elaborate on all these lies they supposedly told you...from what I have found it is a very overwhelming class with a lot if information,...maybe you were not paying attention and got confused? I will not say that 100% of the info they give you is absolutly true, policies change on a regular basis and the books are not updated as soon as they should be...but you statement is absurdly incorrect. So again could you elaborate on this?

and the #4 and final peice of advice i can offer u is RUN!!! to any other expidite company, RUN VERY,VERY FAST!!!!:p

Well all I can say about this is, with the given history of your useful and wonderful information you have posted here, I am sure everyone reading this will adhear to your advise....As has always been said about any company you want to know about..not every company fits your needs and personal business model...apparently Panther did not meet you needs..I hope you have since then found someone who will.

Now for some information that I have seen helpful in the process or orentation is :

1. make sure yiou have all the requested info that was asked on the application, such as work history, where you have lived(gvmt class), ect... having this info and current information such as phone numbers and contact info will speed up the process once it is started.

2. Ask plenty of questions about policies and procedures..

3. Take notes, and ask questions about your notes, to make sure you have the correct info.

4. never assume anything...just because it was that way at another company, does not always meant it is that way a Panther.

5. Make sure you have enough funds to get started with, you never know what is liable to happen in the hiring process...some delays can hold you up for a few days, or weeks....always be ready to handle whatever situation can happen.

6. Did I mention to ask questions and make sure you understand the answers? I think so...very important part of the whole process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

moose

Veteran Expediter
. So again could you elaborate on this?

May i answer this one Patrick ?
thanks.

This class is Very dangerous.
it's a one way .
The Cat have 2 heads and no ASSS.
they will Eat you alive ,
and with no Asss to poop , you will stay right there .

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
May i answer this one Patrick ?
thanks.

This class is Very dangerous.
it's a one way .
The Cat have 2 heads and no ASSS.
they will Eat you alive ,
and with no Asss to poop , you will stay right there .
Thats funny...I dont care who you are...

well I guess I will keep churning in the belly of the cat till the puke me out..as for now..its pretty pleasent around here..so I will swim around in the belly and keep on putting money in the bank.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
M
My huband and i did attend panther orientation in july 09 and i got a few peices of advice... #1, bring ur own lunch. they dont fix enough 4 everybody. #2, dont stay at the super 8. TRUST ME.. #3, dont trust anything they tell u, its 99% lies. and the #4 and final peice of advice i can offer u is RUN!!! to any other expidite company, RUN VERY,VERY FAST!!!!:p

Someone wasn't listening very well. I was actually surprised at some of the info given. They told us some very helpful info about turning down unprofitable runs. It seemed very driver oriented to the point of making dispatches job toougher.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wouldn't read too much into someone taking his/her Panther pom-poms. Sounds like someone that got disqualified for failing a drug, background, or DOT physical and released before lunch.
Kinda of a bummer if it was barbecue
No need to complicate the simple. ;)

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's been quite some time so I don't remember a lot however you've had some good advice. Pay close attention and take good notes. Ask questions on things if you don't fully understand them. Have food in your truck just in case. Some of the people in orientation are not familiar with the take one and move along principle and if you are at the very end of the line there might not be anything left. That's not too common though but is a good idea to be prepared just in case. Finally, be prepared for warts. Every company has them and Panther is no exception. The key is finding one with warts you can tolerate.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally, be prepared for warts. Every company has them and Panther is no exception. The key is finding one with warts you can tolerate.

Try and avoid venereal warts. Common warts and plantar warts are the most tolerable and easiest to treat. Good luck!

While you are visiting Pantherville could you check on the rumor I started about Jeff St. Pierre buying Panther. Just wondering if it is true.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Good Luck:rolleyes:! You'll need it. Word of advice. You can make money if you are willing to stay out for a bit. And don't dh home if you live in a bad freight area...that is a good location to get a load out of when or if you finish orientation unless you absolutely have the money. Panther is a decent company and will treat you right. Be nice to the dispatchers....(((they will remember you))).:D

Last edited:

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Sweetie and I did the orientation last year and here are my ideas.
#1 Sit near the front away from the repeat orientation takers, they will distract you.
#2 Be near the front of the food line or bring a snack.
#3 Realize that not all dispatchers graduated at the top of dispatch school but most are pretty good at what they do.
#4 When they install your used Qualcom unit, make sure all the buttons work without sticking.
#5 Try to have enough cash to only move money from your Comdata card to your debit card once or twice a month. Using the Comdata on a regular daily basis is costly and avoidable.
Good Luck

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
#5 Try to have enough cash to only move money from your Comdata card to your debit card once or twice a month. Using the Comdata on a regular daily basis is costly and avoidable.
Do keep in mind the significant Comdata card discounts to be had at the TA when buying fuel, however. Each Comdata card transaction will cost you $2.00, but with anywhere from 20-50 cent per gallon discounts on TA fuel, you can save $20 to $50 per 100 gallon tank using the Comdata card versus a debit card or cash. The discounts can vary wildly, so you need to check the Driver Web, References section, for the daily fuel discounts at the TA, and plan your fuel stops accordingly.

Oftentimes, even in a cargo van, it's worth burning a $2 Comdata transaction to save $10 or more on a 25 gallon fuel purchase. :)