Paid Adds for Fleet owners.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just to update some fleet owners that may not know that you can post a paid add on EO for drivers for only $29.99 each. Some owners wasn't aware of this, so I wanted to share this with everyone. Yes you have to click on the free adds part to see your add, but your add is always on top along with all the other paid adds. Maybe the link can be changed to Classifieds, not Free Classifieds. Because we do pay for them.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's not a bad deal. I have to pay a couple of hundred to advertise for Owner Operators with their own equipment. But as far as not having a rather large recruting office, EO is a great resource to help you find drivers. Last year I found 13 drivers from the 30 day advertisement that I had up in the classified sections. Like Ziggi was saying before, you can't advertise in the New York times for Mayberry prices.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expediters Online is the quintessential source for expediters. There is just no better source out there.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you keep using words like quintessential you'll loose your cred as a real expeditor, LOL.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That's not a bad deal. I have to pay a couple of hundred to advertise for Owner Operators with their own equipment. But as far as not having a rather large recruting office, EO is a great resource to help you find drivers. Last year I found 13 drivers from the 30 day advertisement that I had up in the classified sections. Like Ziggi was saying before, you can't advertise in the New York times for Mayberry prices.

I understand what you both are saying, but most small fleet owners wouldn't pay $2000.00 a month for a banner like Fedex, Panther, or Load1 has. Expediters Service can afford to do that because they are said to have over a 150 trucks. The cost for a banner per truck would be $13.33 per truck for advertising. A fleet owner that has 15 trucks, the cost would run $133.33 per month per truck for that same $2000.00. News papers also offer smaller adds that are affordable for other companies. Xiggi point is not a very good one because he comparing two different types of business, advertising and transportation,

Xiggi said

Have you ever thought about having cheap affordable rates for small shippers, let's say with less than 30 employee's. You can.t advertise in the New York Times for the same price as the Mayberry Journal.

People do it everyday it's called UPS, Fedex, and many other LTL carriers. I just shipped a motor with Roadrunner that was 1800lbs 1500 miles for $450.00. EO doesn't offer a smaller banner that is affordable to small fleet owners which I think would benefit everyone. As to freight rates, trucking companies have been offering a cheaper way to transport freight since the start. It's all based on time, that is how Expediting got started because companies would put shipments on small planes to keep a manufacturing line from going down. When a study was done that you could ship freight on land faster than a airplane up to 800 miles for half the cost, expediting took off.

Look it up on the web as it was a great sales tool used by Roberts Express. Anyone that was leased to Roberts Express will remember the folders that drivers would give out to the customers. They had a plastic clear sheet that had an X in the middle. The customer could place the plastic sheet on the map of the pickup location and it would tell how long it would take the shipment to get there.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand what you both are saying, but most small fleet owners wouldn't pay $2000.00 a month for a banner like Fedex, Panther, or Load1 has. Expediters Service can afford to do that because they are said to have over a 150 trucks. The cost for a banner per truck would be $13.33 per truck for advertising. A fleet owner that has 15 trucks, the cost would run $133.33 per month per truck for that same $2000.00. News papers also offer smaller adds that are affordable for other companies. Xiggi point is not a very good one because he comparing two different types of business, advertising and transportation,

Xiggi said

People do it everyday it's called UPS, Fedex, and many other LTL carriers. I just shipped a motor with Roadrunner that was 1800lbs 1500 miles for $450.00. EO doesn't offer a smaller banner that is affordable to small fleet owners which I think would benefit everyone. As to freight rates, trucking companies have been offering a cheaper way to transport freight since the start. It's all based on time, that is how Expediting got started because companies would put shipments on small planes to keep a manufacturing line from going down. When a study was done that you could ship freight on land faster than a airplane up to 800 miles for half the cost, expediting took off.

Look it up on the web as it was a great sales tool used by Roberts Express. Anyone that was leased to Roberts Express will remember the folders that drivers would give out to the customers. They had a plastic clear sheet that had an X in the middle. The customer could place the plastic sheet on the map of the pickup location and it would tell how long it would take the shipment to get there.

Excuse me but last time I looked all businesses are looking to pay bills and turn a profit. To say that is not a valid comparison is completly false. You assume one is running on a tighter profit margin. Let's say your right, I would say good for them, that does not mean they should offer a special rate for a smaller size company.

Sounds like a liberal idea.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Excuse me but last time I looked all businesses are looking to pay bills and turn a profit. To say that is not a valid comparison is completly false. You assume one is running on a tighter profit margin. Let's say your right, I would say good for them, that does not mean they should offer a special rate for a smaller size company.

Sounds like a liberal idea.

First Off I'm a Republican and Damm proud to be one. Profits are all fine and well, Nobody is asking for a handout Xiggi. You mean to tell me that EO isn't making a profit with over 40 plus banners at $1500.00 to $2000.00 each every month, plus all the small adds that fleet owner post that mods try to tell people they are all free when they aren't . So what your trying to say is the New York Times don't offer small adds to there small customers? Come on Xiggi. EO offers a $29.99 add placement in what is called the free adds. EO also offers a banner for for $1500.00 to $2000.00 a month and nothing in between.

I'm all for EO making a profit as EO could make more if it offered a banner placement for it's smaller fleet owners. Do you even have a clue what it cost to run a website each month? It's not as costly as you think because we have our own. The Expediters Hall of Fame website cost me around $150.00 a year to run and We write it off. I don't collect one darn dime from the people that have there banners on that page. John Elliott was the only one to offer and that is why Load1 has a banner on the EHOF.

I have links to EO and other places on that site all free. So before you start running your mouth calling someone a liberal know what your talking about.

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I think its misleading to new drivers when EO has carriers listed as Five Stars. I thought you had to earn them..not pay for them.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a load board that rates carriers by performance. The 5 stars have nothing to do with the treatment of drivers

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just to update some fleet owners that may not know that you can post a paid add on EO for drivers for only $29.99 each. Some owners wasn't aware of this, so I wanted to share this with everyone. Yes you have to click on the free adds part to see your add, but your add is always on top along with all the other paid adds. Maybe the link can be changed to Classifieds, not Free Classifieds. Because we do pay for them.

Dave. I thought you just called panther and put in your order? Doesn't the cat do the ads?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
So what your telling me, is that every carrier listed under the EO Five Star Carriers is rated for performance?
Im not "buying" that. Show me proof
Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bruno I did not call you liberal or personally attack you, words have meanings you know. Take a deep breath and count to ten it will all be better in the morning.

As for your site cost statement I have a great understanding of what it takes. I supported my family and I for years via the internet and manage a paid members site yet today with a couple thousand members. There are many costs involved when you start having custom programing wrote, pay designers,.buy software, your own servers, pay office space etc. I could discuss the topic for hours but can't type for minutes.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe instead of friends in low places it's acquaintances in low places. One might consider those who are slanderous and libelous and illegally publish copyrighted material to be low. Repeated and prolonged association asks for comment.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Maybe instead of friends in low places it's acquaintances in low places. One might consider those who are slanderous and libelous and illegally publish copyrighted material to be low. Repeated and prolonged association asks for comment.

Leo. Why keep it going?

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I figure if they can be libelous and slanderous over and over to many people I can comment on their illegal use of copyright material and other actions some.