Paid Adds for Fleet owners.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I wear big girl britches. Thanks Paul! Let's group hug. Oh but maybe a few wouldn't want to participate....apparently. That other site has similar sign.on names to those here.......it is a free country. Why I listen to CNN and Fox. Shocking. Sorry Lawrence. You are not responsible for what little fingers type lol

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I think women are more sensitive to the "rough" answers than others just because they are not used to how men react or respond. Men tend to challenge and one up just based off of our DNA, and we all have taken a beating or two. It isn't because the member is a woman, it is because they are being put to a test of knowledge and emotion, not possible for a physical test obviously. If you look at some of my older posts you will see where people challenged me and I just went along with it. I grew up with 2 brothers, 5 neighborhood boys and being a male myself I get it and will not take it personally. I see where it can be a bit of a shock to those that never dealt with it or are of the opposite sex but just remember it is only the internet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

How condescending of you.

I know exactly how men respond. I had a daddy. A brother. A husband. I have worked side by side with men from age 16 to 42.

I have a very open honest relationship with my boyfriend. We are free say anything to one another about anything.

The men I have been exposed to are comprised of shoprats, bikers, lawyers, doctors (who were the worst of the lot), truckers, general contractors, expediters. I have heard things you probably never will.

What I don't care for is being called a liar when I'm not...and when it's proven I'm not, still being unjustly branded as such by someone apparently gunning for a fight. Having more than one unprovoked personal attack while mods stand quietly by...

Let a man voice the same concerns and they aren't jumped on.

Is it a sexist thing? Hard to tell. It looks like it on the surface, and as more than one person (all male, but let's chalk that up to ratio) has tried to excuse their attack posts: "The written word doesn't always translate well"

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....I'm not even sure what your talking about? If this is something that happened a long time ago I'm not seeing any reason to rehash it?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
How condescending of you.

I know exactly how men respond. I had a daddy. A brother. A husband. I have worked side by side with men from age 16 to 42.

I have a very open honest relationship with my boyfriend. We are free say anything to one another about anything.

The men I have been exposed to are comprised of shoprats, bikers, lawyers, doctors (who were the worst of the lot), truckers, general contractors, expediters. I have heard things you probably never will.

What I don't care for is being called a liar when I'm not...and when it's proven I'm not, still being unjustly branded as such by someone apparently gunning for a fight. Having more than one unprovoked personal attack while mods stand quietly by...

Let a man voice the same concerns and they aren't jumped on.

Is it a sexist thing? Hard to tell. It looks like it on the surface, and as more than one person (all male, but let's chalk that up to ratio) has tried to excuse their attack posts: "The written word doesn't always translate well"

You say my statement is condescending but it was simply an explanation of what sometimes happens here and in life. You having known a few guys through work, family, and your personal life gives you zero experience as a man. You thinking that it is sexist just goes to prove my point, you are to sensitive to it because the other complaint is that newbies get the same treatment, male or female. Women get used to being treated with kid gloves by men and seem to think they are under attack when their feminine wiles give them no advantage. There might be people here that don't like you which I think is likely but that is just life and has nothing to do with your sex.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I wear big girl britches. Thanks Paul! Let's group hug. Oh but maybe a few wouldn't want to participate....apparently. That other site has similar sign.on names to those here.......it is a free country. Why I listen to CNN and Fox. Shocking. Sorry Lawrence. You are not responsible for what little fingers type lol

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

People are certainly free to join the other site, it might give me something else to do. Dave seems to get it and has certainly stood his ground a time or two. A group hug might work, maybe at the Expo in the Load 1 booth.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
what about his personal attacks,.those are ok I guess?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Xiggi you do your share fair of personal attacks on people. I have seen it many times and so have others. Now this whole post was suppose to be a positive thing to help others so they know that EO offers paid adds for fleet owners. I asked a question about more affordable banner placements for small fleet owners. I wasn't asking for a hand out I was asking if it can be done. Next thing you guys will be bashing the post about the good old days.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Were the good old days really that good ? No ps, less reliable ac,no air ride on the steers,no cell phones or xm......I could go on and on.
The only upside was it was easy to make profit.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Xiggi you do your share fair of personal attacks on people. I have seen it many times and so have others. Now this whole post was suppose to be a positive thing to help others so they know that EO offers paid adds for fleet owners. I asked a question about more affordable banner placements for small fleet owners. I wasn't asking for a hand out I was asking if it can be done. Next thing you guys will be bashing the post about the good old days.

The bottom line is I did not attack you but you did attack me here and by pm. As for what other people say I am sure you have researched it. I am not perfect and never have claimed to be. If I offend someone personally all they need to do is pm me using words that the system does not need to replace with astricks and we can discuss it like thinking adults.

I offered a valid response to your post about the ads for a specialty group, you took something I wrote wrong.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
There might be people here that don't like you which I think is likely but that is just life and has nothing to do with your sex.

Honestly, I would hope that's true, that they don't care for me in general as opposed to my gender.

As for women being used to handled with kid gloves? I know those women. I want to slap them and let them know: take care of yourself. You have to. Damsel in distress is not cute.

I do not expect to be treated differently, but I am here. As I said, I post something, I get jumped. Someone else does, it's accepted. The other poster happens to be a man. So we chalk that up to law of averages. That's fine.

But when it isn't just me, then it looks (not saying it is) suspicious.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think women are more sensitive to the "rough" answers than others just because they are not used to how men react or respond.

That's about the funniest thing I've read in forever, lol. Any woman who isn't used to how men react or respond is/was living in a convent, and we don't get many of those around here, I bet.

Men tend to challenge and one up just based off of our DNA,

DNA my foot - it's about personality: there's plenty of men here who don't 'tend to challenge and one up', and a couple women who do. Sometimes. [Guilty.]

and we all have taken a beating or two. It isn't because the member is a woman, it is because they are being put to a test of knowledge and emotion, not possible for a physical test obviously.

Put to a test, you say? How come we don't know anything about it? And what do we get if we win? :rolleyes:

If you look at some of my older posts you will see where people challenged me and I just went along with it. I grew up with 2 brothers, 5 neighborhood boys and being a male myself I get it and will not take it personally. I see where it can be a bit of a shock to those that never dealt with it or are of the opposite sex but just remember it is only the internet.

I know you're trying to calm the troubled waters, but [to mix metaphors] you're all wet with this argument. Trucking is still male dominated, and some [not all] males don't take kindly to 'uppity' females, and we [guilty] females know who they are.
Of course, sometimes it's just a personality conflict, nothing else involved - or two people just got off to a bad start, and everything that follows is poisoned by that - it happens on and off the internet.

We don't have to like everyone, or agree with them - we just have to be civil.
Until they give reason not to be, at which time it's ok to nuke them.
:eek:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The bottom line is I did not attack you but you did attack me here and by pm. As for what other people say I am sure you have researched it. I am not perfect and never have claimed to be. If I offend someone personally all they need to do is pm me using words that the system does not need to replace with astricks and we can discuss it like thinking adults.

I offered a valid response to your post about the ads for a specialty group, you took something I wrote wrong.

Okay Xiggi, we can leave it at that as I have no problems with you.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Not jumped on?....sometimes I feel like a trampoline...

Some day, I will make a decision on something... and no one will cuss me out, make false claims, accuse me of favoring the 'clique', 'good ol boys', the mods, the EX mods, Fedex drivers, Load 1 drivers, conservatives, friends, charter members, old people, members over 5000 posts, or those with blue eyes. And on that day, I will know I finally became perfect.

I have faith!

Wanna feel attacked? Be an admin.

Cheri? You got any Advil? :cool:

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dale: to quote the Dixie Chicks, there's your trouble! Advil doesn't work for headaches - at least not the kind some of the goobers here can cause [waves] - you need Excedrin, lol. And since you need so much, you probly ought to get the generic aspirin, acetominophen, & caffeine kind, that's $4.00 for 200 @ WalMart. [Should last a week or so, eh?] ;)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Honestly, I would hope that's true, that they don't care for me in general as opposed to my gender.

As for women being used to handled with kid gloves? I know those women. I want to slap them and let them know: take care of yourself. You have to. Damsel in distress is not cute.

You are one of those women though, you may not intentionally use it to your advantage but by far the majority of men will just fall into that role. We are weak when it comes to dealing with women, our macho instincts just take over. A damsel in distress is cute to men as it gives us the chance to do what we were born and bred to do, be a hero.

I do not expect to be treated differently, but I am here. As I said, I post something, I get jumped. Someone else does, it's accepted. The other poster happens to be a man. So we chalk that up to law of averages. That's fine.

But when it isn't just me, then it looks (not saying it is) suspicious.

There is a pile on occasionally here and it happens to us all, sometimes it is how we respond to that situation that determines how others react in the future. People are forming opinions of who we are based on what they take away from our responses not only from that thread but other threads along the way.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A damsel in distress is cute to men as it gives us the chance to do what we were born and bred to do, be a hero.

It's too late, [already splurted Coke all over the keyboard] but still - gag me!
Actually - not necessary, I'm speechless, lol.
;)

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
You are one of those women though, you may not intentionally use it to your advantage but by far the majority of men will just fall into that role. We are weak when it comes to dealing with women, our macho instincts just take over. A damsel in distress is cute to men as it gives us the chance to do what we were born and bred to do, be a hero.

Men! Please! Do not give in to the "Damsel in Distress"! It debases you. You are a hero by treating fellow humans, regardless of gender, with kindness and compassion and respect.

Remember: the women of our previous generations developed Women's Lib for "equality".

Equal is equal. Not "Equal unless I have b@@bies".