on the road again

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
My ride should be here in a few hours, than off to MI. Hotel for the night and hopefully sometime tomorrow I will be setting up the sprinter for me. It will be very different, but I think best for everyone in the long run! It will take some time to adjust, but I think we will all be ok!

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well finally a break, found a true friend, when least expected. Have a place to stay in GA. And Brian called, he has a sprinter available tomorrow. I will be driving alone, which will be very different for me.
The sprinter with be coming through IN sometime tomorrow, maybe late, and pick me up on the way to MI!!
SO cross your fingers and keep praying!! God is good, all the time!!

god bless you it appears you have been dealing with alot someway
somehow God willing better days are ahead for you :D

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well excited to soon! My ride isn't going to be here until tomorrow. Did get to talk to my new owner and he sounds like a really good guy. Has a number of trucks at Load1 and a good reputation. I will be in a 2011 sprinter,! Sounds pretty good to me at this point! Thanks again to Brian at Load1 drivers relations for going so far above and beyond. As well as John Elliott for having such a great organization!!!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
Good gracious! You TRYING to kiss up to the boss?! Lol. I know you guys are so relieved that a truck came through. I have been praying for things to come around for you and hope they will be uphill from here. I am sure Load 1 is lucky to have you. And don't worry about being alone, you get used to it. ;)

Now, waiting to see where the road takes you!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
We made it to Port Huron, Craig is unloading his stuff. Think he's about to find out how much stuff you accumulate in a year!!LOL!!
Have to head to Taylor when he's done. Pick up my gas card, turn in old equipment,and get a shower and a decent night sleep! I would be dangerous on the road late tonight. Been a tough week for sleep!!! Hopefully it will get better now!!
So keep praying and thinking good thoughts as I get " on the road again"!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
I am lovable, lol. Twenty who do you run for?

That's what I gather John! Who do I run for? Well, if Bon Jovi were close by, I would run for him! I have been off the road for the summer, so I could spend it with my kids. Gonna get back soon I hope. Don't know what company will be the lucky one..... LOL!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Twenty, sounds like any company would be lucky to have you! Decent night sleep for the first night in the sprinter. Really cool outside,so very comfortable. Now if we can just get running, the rest is going to work itself out!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Good to hear you are over coming the hurdles placed in front of you. Keep us updated on how you do at load 1 also.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Don, It will all come together soon...I know it has been tough at times, but all that you and your family has been through, You are now moving forward in a good piece of equipment!!

Here's to God continuing to keep you and your's under his shadow..Prays too you!!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks everyone! Finally got my first sprinter load under my belt. Sitting near Belvidere IL. Number 2 here so shouldn't be a long wait!! Not with our dispatchers at work for me!
Slept a couple hours at the Wally world than did a little shopping for survivals. Now playing the waiting game. It's very different being alone! The silence is deffening!! But I'm sure I will get used to it. Or go stark raving mad!! We'll see. Anyone want to do a pool on which and how soon?! LOL!! OK y'all stay safe and if you see me talking to myself, please come over and interrupt!!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Thanks everyone! Finally got my first sprinter load under my belt. Sitting near Belvidere IL. Number 2 here so shouldn't be a long wait!! Not with our dispatchers at work for me!
Slept a couple hours at the Wally world than did a little shopping for survivals. Now playing the waiting game. It's very different being alone! The silence is deffening!! But I'm sure I will get used to it. Or go stark raving mad!! We'll see. Anyone want to do a pool on which and how soon?! LOL!! OK y'all stay safe and if you see me talking to myself, please come over and interrupt!!

Great to hear that your back up and going. Just remember it's ok to talk to yourself, the problem only starts when you answer yourself.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Almost new Sprinter at a really good company... What differance a week makes. We're happy for you.
Sometimes it's hard to figure God's plans but we need to keep moving forward.
Don't forget for all the adjustments you're going through the wife and Dillon are goong through many too.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great to hear that your back up and going. Just remember it's ok to talk to yourself, the problem only starts when you answer yourself.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

It's worse when you argue with yourself.

When you argue with yourself and LOSE, then you're in deep, deep doodoo :eek:

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
That is my problem - I argue with my self and I hate when I lose! LOL!

Don, I am sure the time alone will get better, if not, I will send my kids to you and you can listen them argue. And maybe you better, cause if school doesn't start really soon, Ima gonna kill em!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I am in front of you..#1...60 miles away....ALL weekend....LOL

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Boy - miss a couple weeks around here, and all he** breaks loose!
I'm glad to hear you're on the road to better things, having hit about all the potholes and speed bumps possible lately. [It's why I get so angry when some people assume that anyone who is 'down on their luck' is lazy or somehow to blame - I know a few are, but most have a story like yours: just one hard time after another, and every hill just makes the next one harder to climb.]
Having met you and Anna, I'm sure you'll come out on top, it just takes time [way too much time, when it's YOUR life, I know] and perseverence, and you've got that, for sure.
Tell Anna her visor is done, and I'll hand it over when I see you next time.
:)

Attachments

• anna's visor 001.jpg
    anna's visor 001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 114