on the road again

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Boy - miss a couple weeks around here, and all he** breaks loose!
I'm glad to hear you're on the road to better things, having hit about all the potholes and speed bumps possible lately. [It's why I get so angry when some people assume that anyone who is 'down on their luck' is lazy or somehow to blame - I know a few are, but most have a story like yours: just one hard time after another, and every hill just makes the next one harder to climb.]
Having met you and Anna, I'm sure you'll come out on top, it just takes time [way too much time, when it's YOUR life, I know] and perseverence, and you've got that, for sure.
Tell Anna her visor is done, and I'll hand it over when I see you next time.
:)
Cheri Thank you! Anna will love that. Will keep posting and I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
I am in front of you..#1...60 miles away....ALL weekend....LOL

Ken is that you over at the Inn across the street?I'm sitting at the J now. Had to get a break from Wally world. To dang many sirens! Felt like I was back on the bambulance again!! These guys seem as busy as we were!
Looking forward to meeting you sometime. If you're around feel free to come knocking. Just ignore the no lot lizard sign!!! LOL!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken is that you over at the Inn across the street?I'm sitting at the J now. Had to get a break from Wally world. To dang many sirens! Felt like I was back on the bambulance again!! These guys seem as busy as we were!
Looking forward to meeting you sometime. If you're around feel free to come knocking. Just ignore the no lot lizard sign!!! LOL!!

Nope....am down 80 and 39.......someday we'll meet.....:)

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
So It's been almost a week on my own now. Still not coping great being alone. But It's getting better. Sitting in the side door of the truck tonight listening to the city. And the trucks and the highway,LOL!!
FINALLY, cooling down here. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. That was quite a trip down here. Longest direct,solo run I've done. Hopefully in time I can get a generator and AC for this unit. Not much for hotel bills!
It's extra lonely here, as I seem to be the only expediter in town, besides straights. No vans or sprinters at any of the four truck stops here. Not sure if That's a bad sign or not. Guess only time will tell!
Learning to drive this sprinter has been interesting, it doesn't handle like my big truck Did,but love the gas mileage!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
So It's been almost a week on my own now. Still not coping great being alone. But It's getting better. Sitting in the side door of the truck tonight listening to the city. And the trucks and the highway,LOL!!
FINALLY, cooling down here. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. That was quite a trip down here. Longest direct,solo run I've done. Hopefully in time I can get a generator and AC for this unit. Not much for hotel bills!
It's extra lonely here, as I seem to be the only expediter in town, besides straights. No vans or sprinters at any of the four truck stops here. Not sure if That's a bad sign or not. Guess only time will tell!
Learning to drive this sprinter has been interesting, it doesn't handle like my big truck Did,but love the gas mileage!

Treasure the peace and quiet. At least for a little while. ;)

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting at the yard this morning. Ran a Shorty all ready and loading around noon for NJ. Going to breakfast first. Starving this morning. 4 am was way to early!
Stay safe, have a great day!!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Emptied early in NJ. Now Sitting at the J. Found out they aren't allowed to have showers or a franchise rest here. Go figure!!
Well after things getting a little better our sons truck broke down after work last nigh. Apparently the ins. Company Did hear him say road side coverage. 150$ tow bill to the shop and still has to be fixed! Just can't seem to get a break! Keep praying for our family. Thanks

Kristi

Active Expediter
Emptied early in NJ. Now Sitting at the J. Found out they aren't allowed to have showers or a franchise rest here. Go figure!!
Well after things getting a little better our sons truck broke down after work last nigh. Apparently the ins. Company Did hear him say road side coverage. 150$ tow bill to the shop and still has to be fixed! Just can't seem to get a break! Keep praying for our family. Thanks

U must be at the pilot...lol. we run a load out that way and came across that truck stop. Needless to say I was very disappointment with that truck stop. Plus being in a straigh u have to blind side back into the parking spots.

Glad to hear all is going well for u so far. We are hanging in there. Richard has his next Chemo treatment on Monday the 27th and we have all kinds of stuff going on this week before. I'm currently looking for work here locally and to be honest am being just a tid bit picky. I don't feel that I should have to work for anything less than $10/hr however if I'm going to have a job that allows me to have the ability to leave if needed I may have to suck it up and work for less than I want :(

Anywho wanted to drop in and say hi. Soooo HI! Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Hope you can find something at home that you will enjoy doing. Wishing your husband the best as well.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Kristi, good luck with the job hunt and we'll be praying for your hubby! I know how rough chemo can be so we will just lift him up and ask God to carry him through it!!
After a long week running around the NY,MA,NJ,NH area. I've finally landed in Buffalo for what was my first night of sleep all wee week. Actually more like week and a half. THANK YOU DISPATCH!! SITTING at the J ion I90 just outside Buffalo. It was a Fedex parking zone when I arrived. But I in
filtrated the ranks and got to hear all kinds of juicy fedex gossip. They were mesmerized by what it was like to work for a company that really cares about It's drivers as well as It's O/O and fleet owners. One guy actually swore I was lying!LOL!! But I think he was just a little butt hurt over our fantastic benefits and how well fleet owners like mine take care of their people! He had been here a week and than his dispatch called with a great load and gave it to the
guy 3 trucks behind him in line. He was a little frazzled on that one. But after talking awhile he slips that his acceptance rate is probably only about 20%!!!! I really wonder why some people are out here.
Well Jason Aldene (spelling) is in concert tonight at the local county fair tonight just a mile or so up the road. Wish I could afford that, but not yet. Got a ways to go before I can afford to spend any money on extra entertainment like that. Right now just thankful to be digging out of this whole, and fairly quickly too!! I'll keep posting if you guys keep reading!! LOL!! STAY safe!!!!

Last edited:

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
Kristi, good luck with the job hunt and we
'll be praying for your hubby! I know how rough chemo can be so we will just lift him up and ask God to carry him through it!!
After a long week running around the NY,MA,NJ,NH area. I've finally landed in Buffalo for what was my first night of sleep all wee week. Actually more like week and a half. THANK YOU DISPATCH!! SITTING at the J ion I90 just outside Buffalo. It was a Fedex parking zone when I arrived. But I in
filtrated the ranks and got to hear all kinds of juicy fedex gossip. They were mesmerized by what it was like to work for a company that really cares about It's drivers as well as It's O/O and fleet owners. One guy actually swore I was lying!LOL!! But I think he was just a little butt hurt over our fantastic benefits and how well fleet owners like mine take care of their people! He had been here a week and than his dispatch called with a great load and gave it to the
guy 3 trucks behind him in line. He was a little frazzled on that one. But after talking awhile he slips that his acceptance rate is probably only about 20%!!!! I really wonder why some people are out here.
Well Jason Aldene (spelling) is in concert tonight at the local county fair tonight just a mile or so up the road. Wish I could afford that, but not yet. Got a ways to go before I can afford to spend any money on extra entertainment like that. Right now just thankful to be digging out of this whole, and fairly quickly too!! I'll keep posting if you guys keep reading!! LOL!! STAY safe!!!!
Sounds like your new job is treating you well! Glad to hear it!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Couple more runs down. Now just Sitting here, waiting to go there. Housing there's good miles between the two places!! And by gosh It's hot out here. Think I'm actually going to go sit in the tv room! I hate doing that!! LOL!! HOPE everyone's well and getting great loads! Stay safe!!

Kristi

Active Expediter
Wow! Look at u go :0) that is awesome. I'm happy to hear that ur staying busy. Hubby is doing well. He had his second treatment yesterday and is doing amazing. He has been soooo lucky that's he's not getting any of the horrible side effects. right now he's getting ready to help mow the yard LOL. As for me I have a job interview with Iron Mountain today and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. They pay $10+ an hr plus benefits. So this could be a great opportunity. Well ill keep you posted. Thank u again for all the prayers. Talk to you soon :0)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Kristi, good luck with the job!! And glad to hear your husband's treatments are going well.
Been a little slower this week. Not terrible, just slower. Hoping for a couple more decent runs to finish off before heading home by Sunday evening. A couple days home to tie up some stuff than back at it!! Can't make $$ Sitting home!LOL!!

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Deadheading to Louisville KY after 3 weeks home..........Now my wife says I can't leave until I
cut the grass.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now dispatch is telling me not to go to Louisville but to stay put. Getting agrevated