on the road again

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Been home a couple weeks. Plan to be back out around Nov. 5th! Had to take a two month vacation compliments of the State of GA. Before everyone starts rumors, let me clear it up now. I had a ticket a year ago, before I got into expediting, for driving without proof of insurance. I had used my car to go to the local church food bank in an attempt to feed my family a couple days. YES, it was a stupid choice, but not like Im the only one to ever make a bad choice!! Anyways, it would have been easier, apparently if I had been DUI or something. Once I got the $1000 in fines paid to the county where I received the ticket, they turned the paperwork over to the state. GA has a mandatory 2 month suspension, with no permits or early outs for never haveing been in trouble before!! They dont care that you are the only income for a 4 person family and that you will lose your job!! Just park right where you are and find your way home for 2 months, than without a job, find a way to pay us $200 to reinstate your license!!
Anyways, I did the crime, so Im doing the time. Havent been able to find any work here at home either. Already knew that, as I was looking before I started expediting! Had hoped it would have gotten better, but it seems to be getting worse instead!
So, not posting a lot, just reading. But wanted to let my friends here know what was going on. Cant wait to see you all again soon.... On The Road Again!!!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Wow...thats a pretty tough penalty for no insurance. But, I can testify to what its like to be injured in an accident by someone without insurance. My uninsured motorist coverage paid some and several thousand came out of my pocket...but I'm alive...lol.

Anyway, I support tough penalties, but that one is pretty tough....lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
Hope everything works out for you and you can get back to doing what you love soon. So, if you can pay the $200 fine, does it shorten the suspension? Or do you still have to do the two months?

I know you and your family were struggling already, so hope you guys are okay until you can get back out.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hope everything works out for you and you can get back to doing what you love soon. So, if you can pay the $200 fine, does it shorten the suspension? Or do you still have to do the two months?

I know you and your family were struggling already, so hope you guys are okay until you can get back out.
sounds like both + another $1,000 in there somewhere.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
After having already paid the $1000 to Butts County, they turned the paperwork in to the state. Now the state suspended my license 2 months with no permits for work or early out by paying the money. Just 2 months with no job or income!! Like I said, if it had been a DUI I could have gotten a permit for work, even 2nd offense!!!! But they said its such a small penalty that they dont make any allowances!!! NOT small to me. Now I have to hope we get through and I can get my job back when its over, with a suspension on my record!!!!! Like I said, I did it and Ill pay for it, but ****!!!!!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I've been told, but haven't tried yet that if you over pay a fine by $1 they will send a refund and as long as you don't cash it they can't close it out and report it to the state. It may be a myth, but would be worth trying out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Kentucky has one of the most severe no insurance laws in the country. First offense for driving without liability and Personal Injury Protection is a $500 fine plus $135 court costs. Your license will be suspended until you show proof of insurance, or for one year, whichever comes first.

If an accident is involved or a traffic violation of any kind is involved, it'll be a fine of $500 to $1000, plus up to 90 days in jail and suspension of your license for one year.

A second offense with 2 years and it starts getting ugly. You lose your car for starters.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Just drive in tn. A DL is required, but hey, many folks do not have one, it's not a biggie. Many states get weird over not having a DL. 1000s and 1000s of illegals do it all the time..... so if they can do it, why not the honest folks. You don't need a DL to drive a boat here, hmmmm and some boats run over 60 mph, how can that be? A DL is just a nuisance, but I got one cause I like to be a good citizen, don't you............................