October 2010 Locations

guido4475

Not a Member
Darn...I had my water pump done at a dealer and was 1/2 as cheap to do....darn North American slop buckets!! ;)

Let's see....1/2 the engine that I have,half the water pump...lol..This thing is huge.It has 9 bolts, whare a 8.3 Cummins has 3 bolts, and smaller by half the size compared to what this thing is..You open youre hood,and see this singer sewing machine under there, I open the hood,and see and hear this awesome,powerful piece of machinery that has not dissapointed me in horsepower or torque yet...how about that guy from Panther with over 1.2 million on his 7.3 engine? I dont think anybody is going to touch that..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
how about that guy from Panther with over 1.2 million on his 7.3 engine? I dont think anybody is going to touch that..

No not in a van but I know of two ISB cummins that have almost 2 million on them. AND there is a 6.2 GMC with 1.1 million on it.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Off the subject of heavy trucks Each of my three Toyota pickups I have sold with nearly 300K on the clock are still out there being driven, even the "totaled by insurance company" one. Even our Jeep Cherokee with 245K on it is still being driven. We sold it because power windows, ac etc were problemeatic. Engine Transmission were perfect.
I think longevity is more due to the driver and good maintenance routines and less the make of the vehicle, although there are some bad apples out there cough"my Hino" cough

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We are new to Expediting. We had to go to the dealership where the owner purchased the truck from so a tech could go over the truck with us, in North Jackson, Oh. So now we are waiting for our first load while waiting in the TA in Niles Oh. So we are spending our first weekend in the truck. We are learning the truck this way though. So instead of sitting at the TA for another day we are off to explore Niles for a little while. We were just told we probably won't get a run until Monday. So we have to go find something to do. going stir crazy in the truck. Can't wait to start making some money.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
I think longevity is more due to the driver and good maintenance routines and less the make of the vehicle, although there are some bad apples out there cough"my Hino" cough

You mean that always Overloaded sailboat ,that have being constantly driven at 70 MPH ,and 2,500rpm ?
there was nothing wrong with that truck ,and it performed real well ,you just can't take a pony to a horse race .

moose

Veteran Expediter
RoadKing ,that TA is known to be a bad place .
you can go to the Mall ,just off rout 11n ,or ask the gps for the WMSC to the south East.
and welcome on bored .(!)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
You mean that always Overloaded sailboat ,that have being constantly driven at 70 MPH ,and 2,500rpm ?
there was nothing wrong with that truck ,and it performed real well ,you just can't take a pony to a horse race .

Never overloaded, never over10k hauled....once it had 15k but only drove it 5 miles to get rid of it. Yes 2500 at 70 @

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Thanks Moose, We decided to leave before reading your post. We currently are at the Walmart fixing our dinner. We will check out the spots you suggested. Thanks for the welcome. We appreciate it.

Roadking is Tracy (husband part of the team) and Wife hasn't gotten a name on here as of yet but her name is Laura. We hope to get to know you our fellow expediters out here.

We have done a lot of reading on here for the past several months. But this is a new experience to us and as with anything new we are anxious and nervous at the same time. But we are very much looking forward to the experience. We are the newest rookies out here, we are fish out of water at this point but we will do fine.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks Moose, We decided to leave before reading your post. We currently are at the Walmart fixing our dinner. We will check out the spots you suggested. Thanks for the welcome. We appreciate it.

Roadking is Tracy (husband part of the team) and Wife hasn't gotten a name on here as of yet but her name is Laura. We hope to get to know you our fellow expediters out here.

We have done a lot of reading on here for the past several months. But this is a new experience to us and as with anything new we are anxious and nervous at the same time. But we are very much looking forward to the experience. We are the newest rookies out here, we are fish out of water at this point but we will do fine.

Welcome to our forums!! Keep posting your locations, many of us look for others to meet up with when we can. Please be sure to ask a LOT of questions too!! Ask a few dumb ones too, we have run out of people to poke fun at!! Don't be strangers!! Where is home?

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Layoutshooter, thanks. We have been reading how the newbies get answered so we decided to sit back and let others ask questions, lol.

Home is in a small rural town near Toledo, Oh called Delta. We are the parents of 8 children. Youngest one just went to college in Sept. Youngest grandchild was just born end of Aug. making number 5, number 6 due in Nov. around thanksgiving. Planning being home for that.

We decided to say goodbye to our old careers and give this a try. Tracy was an ASE Certified Master Mechanic for 35 years, gave his notice on Saturday and last day was on Monday. I am a Realtor & Auctioneer, who hasn't made any money in the past 3 years, so I had to take up other part time jobs. Such as STNA, (nurse's aid in a nursing home), and I drove school bus and a party bus for a limo service. Now we are out here trying to get a load to make a living.

Currently we are at Austintown Walmart, I am trying to get Tracy to take me to Youngstown to the 5:30 mass there. He isn't game currently so we will see.

We plan to post on here a lot also we would like to get to know as many of you as possible. I am also long winded as you will see by my post. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter, thanks. We have been reading how the newbies get answered so we decided to sit back and let others ask questions, lol.

Home is in a small rural town near Toledo, Oh called Delta. We are the parents of 8 children. Youngest one just went to college in Sept. Youngest grandchild was just born end of Aug. manking number 5 new due in Nov.

We decided to say goodbye to our old careers and give this a try. Tracy was an ASE Certified Master Mechanic for 35 years gave his notice on Saturday and last day was on Monday. I am a Realtor & Auctioneer, who hasn't made any money in the past 3 years, so I had to take up other part time jobs. Such as STNA, (nurses aid in nursing home), and I drove school bus and a party bus for a limo service. Now we are out here trying to get a load to make a living.

Currently we are at Austintown Walmart, I am trying to get Tracy to take me to Youngstown to the 5:30 mass there. He isn't game currently so we will see.

We plan to post on here a lot also we would like to get to know as many of you as possible. I am also long winded as you will see by my post. Thanks for the welcome!

We are NEIGHBORS!!! We live on Mich 125 (Dixie Hwy) between Monroe and Toledo!! Not to worry, the loads will come. Who are you leased to?

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We are with a newer company out of New York, called Landshark. The owner of the truck is from Sheffield, OH.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are with a newer company out of New York, called Landshark. The owner of the truck is from Sheffield, OH.

Well good luck to you both!! I hope all goes well for you. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I can't give you any advice on loads etc with LandShark, I only know the name, nothing more.

RonJonCMC

Seasoned Expediter
Warm (90 plus) and sunny Laredo. Welcome to RoadKing and Laura. Were almost neighbors when I'm home. :)

JBCarroll

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sitting here at home in upstate SC ( Clemson area ). I'd rather be on my way somewhere for a Mon. mornin drop. Maybe this comin week will be better.

guido4475

Not a Member
No not in a van but I know of two ISB cummins that have almost 2 million on them. AND there is a 6.2 GMC with 1.1 million on it.

It was an article in a back issue of expedite now,with his van on the front cover.1.2 million and was still going..awesome !!His name was Burt (cant remember his last name) and leased to Panther.