October 2010 Locations

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
NE of Cincy....71NB and exit 25 I think it was....I was following the leader....lol. Waiting on my pilot car shuttle and my turn for a shower. Parking lot of a large Swim Park. Hard day...Lots of Wind, mostly at our back, but alot of cross breezes as well....wore me out.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a shorty today Hebron, KY to Elizabethtown, KY hoping for a nice long trip tomorrow...Been a shorty kind of week so far...LOL

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
NLM freight is just like any other freight. You can't blame them if it goes for cheap because all they do is throw it out there for people to bid on it. If your company only gets it for cheap they either have their tariffs too low or they're bidding too low because they think they'll only ever get a load if they drop down that low. Another factor could be the areas where those loads are. If you're hanging around Michigan a lot you're going to get more cheap rates than if that same load pops up in Billings, MT and you're the only van within 300 miles. Another thing is the time of day. Many companies aren't watching as closely at night and sometimes you can slip a higher bid in there and get lucky. It's really not fair to say "(insert company here) pays cheap when those loads are listed on an internet board where loads go to the cheapest bidder. If I post a load online and the other carriers who see it go crazy trying to outbid one another to get it, who's the one who's cheap? It's not me.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Unloaded this morning and waiting for new load in Lerado TX at the Flying J. Many Expeditors across the street at the Pilot.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ain't this better then stacking undies at wally world,,,pic n up in Elgin IL, to canton Mississippi, then maybe down to Pensacola for some RR( station there in the Navy once). did well these last 7 days,,2200 miles. Got a jingle in my pocket and nothing to spend it on but me,,,,,Yes there are a few places in Gulf Breeze that need my attention, pass the pep pills please.:D

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Atlanta waiting for my load to be ready going to Vicksburg MS for delivery in the morning

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
HTML:
[HTML]
[/HTML]

I am finding out that you would be really surprised how much automotive freight doesn't go through NLM......
I know a lot of it is direct calls from customers and those loads pay better than the standard NLM automotive loads do. I'm just saying, you guys are getting a pretty good slice of the pie for being leased on drivers. I know people who are making up to 1.50 a mile on cargo van freight right now; but they are not leased on guys.

Well, as for me, I got tired of sitting in San Antonio for three days. I turned down one load going back to Laredo and another that was delivering to Brownsville. I have never turned down a load at Bolt in 6 months...I think it really puzzled dispatch. Any how, there ain't much coming out of the border when there are so many Bolt trucks sitting empty down there. So, I decided to put my tin in the wind and take a few days off out here in California.

I am also trying to avoid the storms in the midwest while scaring some of the socks off the trick or treaters out here with my unshaven "mountain man" look. That leaves me zero loaded miles, zero paid miles, 1350 empty miles, and a very very tired puppy!! I guess I made a gang of bad business decisions this week. Thank god I got paid way above the norm to deliver into Laredo! You all be safe out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Did some shortys early this week, IN to MI, MI to OH, OH to MI. loaded yezday for NY, an load tomorrow for the double home run to NY. See ya in MtVernon Monday.

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Pittsburgh, PA construction site for a 10am offload. Being sent to the PA turn pike to pick up equipment to return to Warren, MI on Monday.