Obama makes another good move

Rhodes101

Not a Member
The recent nominiation of Elena Kagan is another good move by the current administration. She has an impeccable resume. Adding to that this quote from Time Magazine.

When President Obama's newest nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Elena Kagan, last appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Republicans tripped over themselves in praise. "Dean, you've done a terrific job up there at Harvard," said Orrin Hatch of Utah, referring to her job running that university's law school. "I have no doubt in hearing you that you're up to the task," said Oklahoma's Tom Coburn. "I look forward to supporting you," explained South Carolina's Lindsey Graham, calling Kagan "very qualified."

Read more: Elena Kagan, Supreme Court Justice Nominee: Obama's Pick - TIME

She will surely have a quick appointment. This presidency remains on track, and the country is growing stronger each day. With a little over 6 and a half years remaining, it appears that Obama will have this country purring like it was before the 8 years of darkness aka George W, Bush's two terms.

Most people with common sense agree, This country is too great to be held down for long.

Thank you President Obama!

Rhodes101

Not a Member
No joke xiggi. Our country is rebounding nicely from the nearly fatal lack of leadership from George W Bush. It is just common sense all the signs are right here. The Banks, Wall Street, The Auto Industry they are starting to prosper again. The jobs market has seen the best news in years.
America is on the right track! Will Biden be too old after Obama finishes his second term? Maybe then will be Hillary's time. Either way it'll be good for America!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The recent nominiation of Elena Kagan is another good move by the current administration. She has an impeccable resume. Adding to that this quote from Time Magazine.

When President Obama's newest nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Elena Kagan, last appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Republicans tripped over themselves in praise. "Dean, you've done a terrific job up there at Harvard," said Orrin Hatch of Utah, referring to her job running that university's law school. "I have no doubt in hearing you that you're up to the task," said Oklahoma's Tom Coburn. "I look forward to supporting you," explained South Carolina's Lindsey Graham, calling Kagan "very qualified."

She will surely have a quick appointment. This presidency remains on track, and the country is growing stronger each day. With a little over 6 and a half years remaining, it appears that Obama will have this country purring like it was before the 8 years of darkness aka George W, Bush's two terms.

Most people with common sense agree, This country is too great to be held down for long.

Douglas Bareback, Jr.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Common sense? Where? Certainly not in any of the false claims presented. Employment is a disaster. Auto sales are still off. The only thing president Disaster has done is skyrocket the debt and bow fawningly to most world leaders while coldly insulting a few more. Bush was a C-/D+ president. Obama is an F. Multiple personalities/usernames and koolaid lovers may think otherwise. Objective observers know differently.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What resume?

I read it and see nothing. I think taking more northeast academia and putting them in positions that have a real affect on our lives is a repeat of bad history.

She seems to be a theorist, not a practitioner. She appears to have no real centered philosophies and has been indecisive in the past.

Honestly, I think Geoffrey Fieger would be a better choice.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

Now that's Funny Right There Ha HaHa. Wake Up! :rolleyes:
Besides, The best Move that Obumma could do for this Country is to Resign as Soon as Possible!

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh my!! That post by Rhodes101 was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Good job, Rhodes101!!! Keep the laughs coming. Here I was sitting feeling bad and you just made my day. Yee Haw!!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Leader? Obama? Leader of what or whom? Not anyone of character, strength, personal integrity or morals. Not of this country or the military. He can only lead the weak and the lazy. My dead dog could do that. He is a BOSS, not a leader. A LEADER does not need to use force, he does.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Oh my!! That post by Rhodes101 was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Good job, Rhodes101!!! Keep the laughs coming. Here I was sitting feeling bad and you just made my day. Yee Haw!!!!

You think This one is Funny, Scroll down to his Olive Branch Post and You'll Laugh Just as much if not more! The Poor Misguided person should have Been a Stand Up Comedian :D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....I'm not too political but just maybe Rhodes has something spectacular to add to his list of accomplishments over the last year and a half.
Here is what I see

Managed to spend more than every president before him combined including Bush. Has borrowed more than any other as well.
Was the first black president
Was the first president to kill a fly on NBC at the White House
Was the first to ban flying Air Force One over Manhattan for promotional purposes.
Was the first president to get a smiling picture and a book from Hugo Chavez.
Might be the first president to golf as many games as he has in the first year of his presidency? Maybe no bonus for this one.
And last but not least, responsible for starting a tea party movement and making Sarah Palin a household name.

Think I got them covered.

Last edited:

Toronto40

Seasoned Expediter
Rhodes101, I agree with some of your points that you made, but even if things do continue to get better, a lot of people here just don't like Obama no matter what he does. Thank God their not in the majority.;)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It seems that no one got the CBO warning that we are approaching a serious problem in the next two years?

Maybe if some would stop thinking that we are rebounding and learn how the economy actually works (meaning cast away the archaic Keynesian mindset that we can spend out way out of recessions/depressions), then they will see what mistakes both Bush and Obama have done.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't believe people are responding to Rhodes as if he's someone not Doug.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Rhodes101, I agree with some of your points that you made, but even if things do continue to get better, a lot of people here just don't like Obama no matter what he does. Thank God their not in the majority.;)

It's Obvious that you Haven't read the Latest Polls! :rolleyes: