Obama lied?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"And calzone was hardly a "great invention"."

Well it might not be but it is a darn sight better than beet and anchovy stew!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nice try at another nonresponsive deflection - not.
Given the choice, I'd prefer borscht [hold the anchovies] to calzone any day.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice try at another nonresponsive deflection - not.
Given the choice, I'd prefer borscht [hold the anchovies] to calzone any day.

I prefer duck soup. Venison pepper steak. Grilled venison tender loins. Smoked marinated goose breasts. Darn, NOW I am hungry!

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is hilarious: the whole structure of insurance is based on redistribution, and almost no one gets out of it what they've paid into it.
An interesting primer on the concept of insurance and how it worked before the US Govt decided to get involved: Insurance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note that once upon a time insurance was intended to truly be risk management, and "redistribution" was not part of the formula. However, since the US Govt started meddling with it, insurance - especially Social Security - is nothing but redistribution and a Ponzi scheme; same with Medicare, Medicaid and soon to come is ObamaCare. There is no way any of these govt scams can keep from going broke without drastic cuts in services and/or confiscatory levels of taxation. Ironically, after the train crashes those caught in the rubble will be the Middle Class - the ones Obama promised would benefit from this legislation; meanwhile he and the other members of the 1% will continue to be just fine.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
This may come as a shock to you, I don't use force to make people do what they don't want to do. All I say is that everyone, who is physically and/or mentally capable to accept full responsibility for their OWN lives, and accept the consequences of their actions and decisions without demanding that some on else bail them out.

ALLEGEDLY live? What in the world do you mean by that?

I would certainly hope that a man who has lived as much life as you claim to have lived would at least know the definition of "allegedly". I use this term because the truthfulness and accuracy of posts on an internet forum such as this one are often erroneous or even blatantly false. You have repeatedly assured me that "I don't know you". You are correct. I don't know you. The only information I have to discern anything about you whatsoever is the content you post on this forum. Is it true? Who knows? To be honest it doesn't really matter. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. I read and post on this forum for entertainment. Your postings are often entertaining or at least amusing. If I knew you I suppose I might be able to state with confidence that they are true and actually happened, but since, as you are quick to point out, I do not, I cannot.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh my doubting Thomas, I can assure you that everything I have done in my life is true and verifiable. I also have only hit the "High points". There rest of the things I have done I tend to skip over. You have no clue. I will give you a pass on the rest. We SHOULD at least TRY to keep things civil.

I am now working on one or two new possible business ventures to take the place of expediting. Don't know if they will work, but I am only 62 so I have LOTS to time to work on things.

Try to keep up if you can! :p

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Oh my doubting Thomas, I can assure you that everything I have done in my life is true and verifiable. I also have only hit the "High points". There rest of the things I have done I tend to skip over. You have no clue. I will give you a pass on the rest. We SHOULD at least TRY to keep things civil.

I am now working on one or two new possible business ventures to take the place of expediting. Don't know if they will work, but I am only 62 so I have LOTS to time to work on things.

It's like I said: You can tell me the sky is blue all day long but if I can't see it I don't know it. Besides, I'm color blind so it isn't important to me... much like your alleged accomplishments.

cubansammich

Not a Member

That certainly makes sense to me. It would be a real drag to be on a forum many years and have everyone know for a fact that you make stuff up as you go along. This would be especially true if you met people in real life out on the road, having to wonder who knows and who doesn't and trying to keep track of the various inconsistent tales.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's like I said: You can tell me the sky is blue all day long but if I can't see it I don't know it. Besides, I'm color blind so it isn't important to me... much like your alleged accomplishments.

Why do you want to cause trouble all the time? Like I said, you really don't want to go there. If you want to play the "finger point" game it does go both ways. I think you should just drop it, and I am sure the moderators would agree with that.

By the way, the can turn them off, no matter what you or others say, even posted a link to that effect when they did once a few years back.

So in other words, drop the personal BS.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I do think it's time for locking this thread down before it gets further out of control, and it soon will.

cubansammich

Not a Member
I do think it's time for locking this thread down before it gets further out of control, and it soon will.
You seem to be the only angry person. Allegedly is hardly an attack it would be akin to saying you acknowledge the statement and if what you say is true then replying. Only it's a quicker response. Lighten up for Pete's sake.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You seem to be the only angry person. Allegedly is hardly an attack it would be akin to saying you acknowledge the statement and if what you say is true then replying. Only it's a quicker response. Lighten up for Pete's sake.[/QUOTE

I don't hear from Pete anymore.

This thread should be locked.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Personally I think everyone should step away from the BS, finger pointing and personal accusations .... keep on topic !!

Thank you :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am following EnglishLady's advice. I don't want the "BLOCK RED LETTERS" fired at me! NO SIREE BOB!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am with E.L.....the TOPIC is: about Obama....lets focus there instead of personal stuff....Thank you.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Layout,

You can take solace in the fact that all your detractors are going to starve to death when the dollar collapses.

Which was probly going to happen anyway "pre Obamacare", but O Care has gauranteed it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Nation is already bankrupt. There is no possible way to pay off what we owe. The economy is starting to reflect that. The government is pulling more and more cash out of the hands of private citizens just to pay the interest on the debt. We are not even touching principle. It will either cause a total collapse, OR, they will need hyper inflation to cover the debt load. Either way, the lowest one's on the pole will be hurt the hardest and the longest. The very people the CLAIM to be trying to help. It is all a scam. NO different than Madoff's Ponzi scheme.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Layout,

You can take solace in the fact that all your detractors are going to starve to death when the dollar collapses.

Which was probly going to happen anyway "pre Obamacare", but O Care has gauranteed it.

MY case is way different then you guys examples...as one of the 36 million or whatever number you like...being one of them the insurance companies wouldn't touch....O Care is great for me...I am now insured ...I am now paying into the plan....where before I wasn't.

cubansammich

Not a Member
Layout,

I don't know if the affordable care act will work in it's first implemation but it a start. I believe we need a single payer system along the lines of England or Canada. Putting the insurance company profits into actual care would be a good start and we are not there yet.