Obama lied?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know how much the family plans will cost. But as a single person with high deductible insurance and no perks until deductible is reached, I'm happy if these rates hold true. For me, it sounds like much better coverage for not a lot more per month then I'm paying now. Although I still want to see the actual plan, I'll most likely be signing up.

The 50 States of Obamacare - Yahoo Finance

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It looks like our rate will triple.

The new plans have ZERO freedom. Under our old plan WE controlled our medical expense dollars, under the new plans, the government does. NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD AT ALL!

There is nothing good when freedom is taken away.

The fact STILL REMAINS that Obama said that IF we liked the plans we had, we could keep them. That is an out and out lie. Millions have had their plans cancelled.

In the end, we all lose.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
The fact STILL REMAINS that Obama said that IF we liked the plans we had, we could keep them. That is an out and out lie. Millions have had their plans cancelled.

Millions? Really? You are the only person I have heard of who had their plan cancelled. Additionally, last week you said you had your high deductible plan cancelled becaue of the Affordable Care Act. I doubt that seriously. Just last week I purchased a plan with a 5000.00 deductible through Medical Mutual. It is a PPO and includes 95% of the doctors in practice. It is compatible with the HSA you claim to have. These plans are still out there. You are either being sold a bill of goods about Obamacare displacing your current plan or, well, you know....

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I just got a letter from Blue Shield stating my policy will remain in force so long as I make the premium.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Millions? Really? You are the only person I have heard of who had their plan cancelled. Additionally, last week you said you had your high deductible plan cancelled becaue of the Affordable Care Act. I doubt that seriously. Just last week I purchased a plan with a 5000.00 deductible through Medical Mutual. It is a PPO and includes 95% of the doctors in practice. It is compatible with the HSA you claim to have. These plans are still out there. You are either being sold a bill of goods about Obamacare displacing your current plan or, well, you know....

I am just telling you what BCBS of Michigan told me. They have cancelled all of their plans like we had. Claim to have? Why must you ALWAYS try to be personal? It is very hard to have reasonable conversations when you only try to imply rather than ask. Funny, I had a REALLY good conversation, only about issues, with another member today. It was enjoyable, I learned a lot. Too bad you don't want to do the same. I bet it would be interesting.

How much was that plan? Ours was under $300 per month, with a $2500 deductable. Remember, it is a state by state thing as well. What you may find in Ohio may not be available in Michigan. What are the limits on the the HSA contributions? I BELIEVE ours was $5000 per year, but I would have to get home to read it. I have not looked at it for quite a while. Have they continued to change what the monies in the HSA could be used for? They took out a BUNCH from when we first bought ours. I THINK we have had this for 6 or 7 years now. Don't remember for sure without the papers in front of me.

According to BCBS we are going to receive an email, tomorrow with new plans and rates. I am NOT holding my breath. They were going to snail mail it but I explained that we were not planning on being home until sometime in November. So they say they will email it. Only time will tell.

I have written both my senators and my congressman on this issue. No answer to last weeks or this weeks from my senators. My congressman, answered, as per normal so far, and confirmed his vote to defund Obama Care and is well aware of the issues we are facing. He was aware we were losing our plans. His name is Tim Walberg, 7th District, Michigan.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It looks like our rate will triple.

And the insurance companies will blame it on Obama, and you'll believe it [and they know that] because you want to. Because the insurance companies would never mislead you for their own benefit.

The new plans have ZERO freedom. Under our old plan WE controlled our medical expense dollars, under the new plans, the government does. NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD AT ALL!

How does the government control your medical expense dollars, aside form requiring you to have the same kind of health insurance everyone else has [depending on which of 4 levels they can afford or choose to pay for]? It's the same as if your employer [if you had one] changed insurance plans: you'd have no choice but what they offer. Big diff.

There is nothing good when freedom is taken away.
:rolleyes:

It wasn't a lie if he was led to believe that the insurance companies would allow people to keep their coverage, and then they changed the program.

In the end, we all lose.

It's way too early to tell yet, but you're sure, huh? :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's way too early to tell yet, but you're sure, huh? :rolleyes:

What part is way to early to tell? That our rates are going up? Already been told that. That we no longer have the freedom to choose to purchase what we want? Already been told that. That we no longer have the freedom we have over our health care dollars? Already is happening, started a few years ago when the Democrats started chipping away at how we could use our HSA funds.

Why is the idea of FORCED health care appealing to anyone? Does no one seem to grasp the idea that there is less liberty and freedom under the idea of Obama Care? Just by it's very nature, it removes choice and freedom. How is that good? What part of an armed IRS administering this "benefit" is good? How is MORE redistribution of wealth, MORE borrowed monies, good? Will the funds be managed as well as the Social Security Trust fund was? How about the Medicare trust fund. Like how that is being handled? They are both bankrupt. The SAME people that did that are now in charge of YOUR health insurance/care options. That should give you warm feeling.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I am just telling you what BCBS of Michigan told me. They have cancelled all of their plans like we had. Claim to have? Why must you ALWAYS try to be personal? It is very hard to have reasonable conversations when you only try to imply rather than ask. Funny, I had a REALLY good conversation, only about issues, with another member today. It was enjoyable, I learned a lot. Too bad you don't want to do the same. I bet it would be interesting.

How much was that plan? Ours was under $300 per month, with a $2500 deductable. Remember, it is a state by state thing as well. What you may find in Ohio may not be available in Michigan. What are the limits on the the HSA contributions? I BELIEVE ours was $5000 per year, but I would have to get home to read it. I have not looked at it for quite a while. Have they continued to change what the monies in the HSA could be used for? They took out a BUNCH from when we first bought ours. I THINK we have had this for 6 or 7 years now. Don't remember for sure without the papers in front of me.

According to BCBS we are going to receive an email, tomorrow with new plans and rates. I am NOT holding my breath. They were going to snail mail it but I explained that we were not planning on being home until sometime in November. So they say they will email it. Only time will tell.

I have written both my senators and my congressman on this issue. No answer to last weeks or this weeks from my senators. My congressman, answered, as per normal so far, and confirmed his vote to defund Obama Care and is well aware of the issues we are facing. He was aware we were losing our plans. His name is Tim Walberg, 7th District, Michigan.

How is what I said even remotely personal? You said (claimed) to have a health savings account, correct? Why are you so touchy? I think you try to hard to be offended.

My plan is approximately $400 per month but I have a couple pre-existing issues. The base premium for the same plan is $245. It covers 100% after the first 5000.00. I Got it through ehealthinsurance.com. It is called Super Med 5000 if you want to check it out.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How is what I said even remotely personal? You said (claimed) to have a health savings account, correct? Why are you so touchy? I think you try to hard to be offended.

My plan is approximately $400 per month but I have a couple pre-existing issues. The base premium for the same plan is $245. It covers 100% after the first 5000.00. I Got it through ehealthinsurance.com. It is called Super Med 5000 if you want to check it out.

I will, thank you. I will have to see if it is even available in Michigan. I checked my email, nothing from BCBS yet.

We did not have a problem with pre-existing conditions since we have had health insurance, without a break in coverage, since we were married in 1973. The problem is that now that our existing plan has been cancelled we will have to look at the NEW plans, all have MUCH higher rates than the one we have now. At least what we have been able to find so far. I just want what we have. It works for us, we can afford it.

I also think there is an age difference as well, which runs up our costs even more.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did just a quick check on that link. For an equal deductable/coverage etc my wife's rate will double. Not as bad as tripling, what a break?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think the belief that Obama is to blame for the insurance companies jacking up the premiums is as reasonable as believing Obama lied about keeping your current plan.
What he actually said was "There's nothing in this act that will make you or your employer change your current plan." That was not a lie, but people keep insisting he said something different.
If insurance companies and employers choose to make changes, what are the odds they'll be honest about why your premiums are going up?
We already have mandatory insurance for vehicles [and that's good, when some idiot hits you!] and you couldn't hope to buy a house without insurance, [no bank would lend you money], but mandatory health insurance is a violation of your rights?
It may not be the perfect solution to the health care problem, [in fact, I know it isn't], but it's an effort to improve a bad situation, and I think that's worth waiting to see how it actually works out before we trash it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last time I checked, Shelby, OH and Monroe, MI are in different states which means completely different rules, premiums, etc.. Our scuz in chief and scum minions won't do something that would provide a truly positive outcome, have interstate health insurance.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know, I think maybe hurricane katrina isn't the best way to remodel and update New Orleans, but let's see how it works before we trash it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last time I checked, Shelby, OH and Monroe, MI are in different states which means completely different rules, premiums, etc.. Our scuz in chief and scum minions won't do something that would provide a truly positive outcome, have interstate health insurance.

Like the "states rights" crowd would let that become policy, lol.
PS Ah, memories: I haven't heard anyone use the word scuz since about 5th grade!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think the belief that Obama is to blame for the insurance companies jacking up the premiums is as reasonable as believing Obama lied about keeping your current plan.
What he actually said was "There's nothing in this act that will make you or your employer change your current plan." That was not a lie, but people keep insisting he said something different.
If insurance companies and employers choose to make changes, what are the odds they'll be honest about why your premiums are going up?
We already have mandatory insurance for vehicles [and that's good, when some idiot hits you!] and you couldn't hope to buy a house without insurance, [no bank would lend you money], but mandatory health insurance is a violation of your rights?
It may not be the perfect solution to the health care problem, [in fact, I know it isn't], but it's an effort to improve a bad situation, and I think that's worth waiting to see how it actually works out before we trash it.

What makes you think that the government is free to dictate what plans we can or cannot buy?

Mandatory insurance for vehicles is a STATE issue, health care is NOT a federal issue, it is a PERSONAL issue that government should not be involved in. ANYTIME the federal government uses FORCE, of any kind, to REQUIRE a citizen to purchase, or not purchase, ANYTHING it is a violation of our RIGHTS.

See how it works? How much deeper in debt are we going to go just to "see if it works".

What it boils down to is that as of today, the government has decided, for what ever reason, that we no longer can keep the policy we have. That was NOT our choice. The plans we are REQUIRED to buy ALL cost more for EQUAL coverage. THAT is not freedom, that is dictatorship. One does not TRY SOMETHING to improve a problem, one SHOULD do it right to start with. The first thing that needs done is get the government OUT of the health care business. Why is it that you believe that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should even have a role in individual health care? Why would you even think it COULD work? Medicare has failed, it is bankrupt and full of fraud. Medicaid is broke. Social Security is broke. All due to the mismanagement of government. How in the world would ANYONE believe that Obama Care will be any different? That makes no sense.

The ONLY reason we are going to have to pay more is because our plan is "not acceptable" to Obama Care. Period.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You are not entitled to Other People's Money. Pay for your own food, your own clothing, your own shelter, your own medicine, your own birth control.

I don't think that way because I'm in a red state.

I think that way because I'm an adult.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The beauty of America....you believe one thing, I believe another and the next guy believes something all together different...and that is cool....:) Gotta love it.....God Bless America!
As long as your belief doesn't mean stealing from me i.e. receiving what I worked for instead of me.