Obama lied?

TDave

Expert Expediter
I find it funny that with all the hoopla over health care and their rights then turn around and say its ok for me to tell how women should treat their bodies and introduce legislation in federal and states courts........

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I find it funny that with all the hoopla over health care and their rights then turn around and say its ok for me to tell how women should treat their bodies and introduce legislation in federal and states courts........

That is EXACTLY why the federal government should NOT be involved in health care. It is STRICTLY a PERSONAL issue and should be handled as such. Just as some say abortions should be legal and paid for by all, that is NO different than bills trying to ban it. ALL of that is wrong and it is caused by government interference in personal matters.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
QUOTE=TDave;643141]I find it funny that with all the hoopla over health care and their rights then turn around and say its ok for me to tell how women should treat their bodies and introduce legislation in federal and states courts........

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app[/QUOTE

I find it funny the pro abortion crowd who protest government intrusion on the health of their own body are A ok with ObamaCareless and the taking away of a person's ability to keep their preferred doctor they have chosen who best suits their individual health of their own body.-

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gotta love it! Instead of 100's of plans to choose from PRIOR to Obama Care kicking us in the butt, we are now limited to only 55, and WE are lucky! Monroe county is one of the counties with the MOST choices. YEP, nothing like enhancing freedom and choice! :rolleyes::mad: Sorry butt Marxists SHOULD be in prison!!!!!!!!!!!! The should just learn to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS and STAY OUT OF OUR LIVES! THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Thou shalt not murder. Prenatal infanticide is murder. The baby is not the mother's body, but his or her own.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Gotta love it! Instead of 100's of plans to choose from PRIOR to Obama Care kicking us in the butt, we are now limited to only 55, and WE are lucky! Monroe county is one of the counties with the MOST choices. YEP, nothing like enhancing freedom and choice! :rolleyes::mad: Sorry butt Marxists SHOULD be in prison!!!!!!!!!!!! The should just learn to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS and STAY OUT OF OUR LIVES! THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

You might be in luck. The Obamacare website crashed. No surprise, as it will likely be like the VA and Amtrak. You are lucky you have 55. People in New Hamphire just found out they only have one. I guess the other two dropped out? Just before it crashed they found out it wasn't calculating premiums correctly. Unbelievable.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You might be in luck. The Obamacare website crashed. No surprise, as it will likely be like the VA and Amtrak. You are lucky you have 55. People in New Hamphire just found out they only have one. I guess the other two dropped out? Just before it crashed they found out it wasn't calculating premiums correctly. Unbelievable.

It is no surprise at all. This plan was DESIGNED to collapse. It was put in badly, to continue a push for a "single payer plan". It is incrementalism at it's finest. One of the favorite tools of the Marxist. They are playing straight to the script and the sheeple are loving it. It is easy to lead the weak.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looked through several plans. So far, ALL are more expensive and cover much less than what we have now. WHAT A DEAL!! :mad: Kinda like driving more for less money! THAT makes a lot of sense too! I can't WAIT to hear someone try to tell me how this benefits us. It is a total lose lose. How do we benefit by paying more for less? Please explain so it makes sense. To do so you would have to be a Marxist senator, congressman, president or an idiot. Which are all one in the same thing.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Want to know why Obama Care is costing more for so many? REQUIRED coverage for those who don't need it is one reason. WE are required to pay for maternity, new born care and pediatric vision. WE DON'T HAVE KIDS AND CAN'T HAVE ANY!! Just why in the heck should be pay for junk we have NO need for? Sounds like more Marxist redistribution of wealth to me!

WE paid to raise our kids. Our responsibility for children has ENDED. Those of children bearing and rearing age can pay to cover THEIR responsibilities, WE will pay for ours. That works!

[h=2]Essential Health Benefits[/h]As part of the Affordable Care Act, medical plans for individuals and families must cover
10 kinds of health care services. These services are called essential health benefits.
All our plans have these 10 benefits:

• Outpatient services
  • Emergency services
  • Hospitalization
  • Maternity and newborn care
  • Mental health and substance use
    disorder services, including behavioral
    health treatment

• Prescription drugs
  • Rehabilitative and habilitative services
    and devices
  • Laboratory services
  • Preventive and wellness services and
    chronic disease management
  • Pediatric vision

[h=2]We're here to help.[/h]Call a health plan advisor at 1-855-237-3501.
Request a callback
Talk to an agent
Find a customer center near you
Subsidy estimator

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On hold with Michigan BCBS. They are REFUSING to give us the reasons why our plan has been cancelled. They say it's because "the government told them too" and that is all they are required to say. I explained I had every right to know why and they said I did not. They have also now said that they will NOT email us the information that has not even been mailed to the house. That was supposed to be at the house PRIOR to Oct 1. They blame the government for that too. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Our senators are not taking emails. They claim is it due to the shut down. I guess they have forgotten who they work for.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BCBS is now telling us, after much yelling, that our plan WAS cancelled due too the fact the it did NOT cover maternity, new born care or pediatric vision care. SO, it IS due ENTIRELY to PURE MARXIST REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH and NO other reason.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think the belief that Obama is to blame for the insurance companies jacking up the premiums is as reasonable as believing Obama lied about keeping your current plan.
Correct, since Obama lifted the ceiling for which insurance companies could raise their premiums, and he lied about being able to keep your current plan. Before Obamacare, insurance companies were highly restricted on how much and how often they could raise premiums, but in exchange for the insurance companies not being able to refuse anyone with a preexisting condition, those premium restrictions were lifted. The only place where premiums cannot be raised is inside of the exchanges, where the premium is strictly regulated in proportion to the amount of any subsidy. You can imagine insurance companies just lining up to participate in the exchanges.

What he actually said was "There's nothing in this act that will make you or your employer change your current plan." That was not a lie, but people keep insisting he said something different.
Of course it's a lie, because there is, in fact, several provisions that force many employers and individuals to change their plans.

While looking America straight in the eye, what he actually said was, "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what."

Yet millions of people with individual PPO plans have received letters from Blue Cross and Blue Shield stating they can no longer keep the plan they have because of “changes from health care reform (also called the Affordable Care Act or ACA).” The letters inform that “to meet the requirements of the new laws, your current plan can no longer be continued beyond your [current] renewal date.” In at least 27 states Anthem (BCBS) and other insurers are no longer even selling individual PPO plans at all. The only remaining options for individuals is to be herded into Obamacare, choose a severely limited and expensive HMO plan, or even more costly alternatives from other insurers, which are dwindling every day.

If insurance companies and employers choose to make changes, what are the odds they'll be honest about why your premiums are going up?
So far, the odds are 1:1 that they're honest. Employers are saying the premiums are going up because of Obamacare, and insurers are saying the same thing.

We already have mandatory insurance for vehicles [and that's good, when some idiot hits you!] and you couldn't hope to buy a house without insurance, [no bank would lend you money], but mandatory health insurance is a violation of your rights?
You bet yer *** it's a violation of your rights. People are not required to own a car. There are millions of people in NYC who don't even have a driver's license and have never driven a car. They are not required to buy vehicle insurance. Not a single person in the entire country who doesn't own a car is required to have this mysterious "mandatory" vehicle insurance. If you pay cash for your house, you are not required to have insurance on that house. If your house is paid off, you are not required to keep the insurance. Insurance on a home is only required by the bank or mortgage company to protect their investment in exchange for you getting a loan from them. So, don't have a car, no insurance required. Don't have a house or you have a home that's paid for, not required to have insurance. You want to live and breathe, to exist - insurance required.

It may not be the perfect solution to the health care problem, [in fact, I know it isn't], but it's an effort to improve a bad situation, and I think that's worth waiting to see how it actually works out before we trash it.
At least they're making an effort? Really? It's not really an effort to improve a bad situation, at least from the perspective of the nation as a whole. It's an effort to get the government's hands directly on the dollars which make up 18% of our GDP. Follow the money. Currently, the United States spends $8,608 per capita on health care, by a wide margin more than any other country in the world. $8,608 every year on every man, woman and child in the country. That's just a snotload of money that can be used as a siphon to whoever has control of it, and that figure is expected to grow exponentially in the coming decades. They've enacted a medical devices tax that taxes everything from stents to replacement hip joints, because it's a cash cow. To improve this "bad situation" they are forcing young healthy Americans who don't want or need health insurance into paying for health insurance, so that everyone will be paying less, except they're paying more, and that money is going somewhere, because it's a cash cow.

Colorado Congressman Cory Gardner lost his individual-market plan. Unlike most politicians on Capitol Hill, Gardner chose not to enroll in the federal health-insurance program. Why? "Because I wanted to be in the same boat as my constituents - and now that boat is sinking!" He wrote last week, "After my current plan is discontinued, the closest comparable plan through our current provider will cost over 100 percent more, going from roughly $650 a month to $1,480 per month." He now carries his health insurance cancellation notice with him as hard-core proof of Obamacare's ultimate deception.

You want to wait and see how it all works before trashing it, despite everything that's been implemented thus far has been just the opposite of what we were told. You're in a boat and there's a large, gaping hole in the bottom of it. Water is pouring in. You put your finger into the hole, so you can say that you're at least making an effort to improve a bad situation, but despite everyone else in the boat knowing that it's gonna sink, you want to wait until the boat actually sinks before admitting that a hole in the bottom of the boat is bad.

Universal health care is a good idea. No one would argue that it's a bad idea for everyone to have access to good, competent health care. But Obamacare is a really bad implementation of a good idea. It was rammed down the people's throat despite half the population being against it (and those who voted for it not even knowing what was in it). Because this affects each and every citizen in the country, because it is so dramatically life-changing for every single citizen and affects everyone's life in these United States on a daily basis, this is something that should have been debated and presented as a Constitutional Amendment, proposed and adopted by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, and ratified by three-fourths of the States.

If this was done as a Constitutional Amendment, it would have to be completely redone in order to be beneficial to these United States and to be good, fair and just for The People. But it wasn't even attempted as an Amendment to the Constitution, because it's neither good for the country nor The People - it's all about the money. It's all about what is good, fair and just for those involved in the unholy union of the financial institutions, the health care industry, the insurance industry, and those in governmental power - the 4 entities which have an inherent conflict of interest with each other, but when combined represent a quintessence of political corruption on an unimaginable scale. Anyone who has anything negative to say about corporate welfare has to look no further than Obamacare to find it's pure embodiment.

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what. If you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have."

Fifty four percent of California residence either have or on schedule to lose their current coverage. Aetna, the country’s third largest insurer and the state's largest insurer of Obamacare exchanges, pulled out of California in July. Their individual and employer plans cancelled. UnitedHealth quickly did the same. Anthem Blue Cross completely pulled out of the Small Business Exchange of Obamacare, because none of their plans met the new regulations of Obamacare.

In Aetna's home state of Connecticut, where it was founded in 1850, Aetna no longer offers coverage under the Obamacare exchanges because the modification to the rates filed by Aetna under Obamacare regulations, "will not allow us to collect enough premiums to cover the cost of the plans."

Same thing in Maryland, where people covered under Aetna and Coventry Health Care won’t be able to keep their insurance plans if they want Obamacare subsidies on the exchanges. Aetna and Coventry canceled plans to offer insurance in the exchange when state officials wouldn’t allow them to charge premiums high enough to cover costs, despite details in the Affordable Care Act allowing them to raise premiums as high as they want.

In New Jersey, 1.1 million Aetna customers are without coverage because Aetna is unable to participate in Obamacare exchanges where subsidies are involved, because they can't collect enough premiums to cover even administrative costs. It's three times that number in New York.

In Iowa where Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield insures 86% of the state's individual health care plans cancelled all policies that would have been incorporated into Obamacare exchanges. The alternative is higher cost plans with less coverage or higher deductibles.

In Wisconsin, United Healthcare and Humana patients will have to get a new health insurer to buy insurance on Obamacare exchanges, because they don't want anything to do with it.

Medical Mutual of Ohio left Georgia and Indiana as well as South Carolina, due to Obamacare regulations. Aetna and Coventry also left Georgia.

In Missouri, patients of the state’s largest hospital system, which spans 13 hospitals including the St. Louis Children’s Hospital, are no longer covered by Amthem BlueCross BlueShield on the Obamacare exhanges. Anthem will continue to cover about 79,000 patients in Missouri who may seek subsidies on Obamacare exchanges, but those patients will not be able to see any doctors in the BJC HealthCare system.

The list goes on and on, and it's a long one. Everything above and the others on that list show that the goal is a single-payer system, provided for and adminstered by the federal government, with every single healthcare dollar flowing through the hands of those in power.

The boat is sinking.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just to make clear the arrogance and hypocrisy of the Democrats and the Obama administration, everyone needs to be aware that the Senate refused to even discuss a bill passed by the House eliminating the ObamaCare subsidies for the current administration, congress and their staff members. These subsidies amount to about 75% of their premiums, and will be paid for by the American taxpayer whose own premiums will rise substantially.
Now, the Obama Administration says, “No problem.” Congress can keep their health care subsidies ($5,000 for individual coverage or $11,000 for family coverage) and use them in the new Obamacare exchanges.
In a surprise to no one, the President doesn’t actually have legal authority to do that.

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/08/16/morning-bell-obama-gives-congress-obamacare-relief-illegally/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell

Now might be a good time to call, email, write and otherwise raise absolute h*ll with your Senators and House representatives, especially if they're Democrats and up for re-election next year.