Obama lied?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
For the sake of argument, let's say Mrs. LOS goes into the hospital today (God forbid) and has to have a heart valve replaced or some other procedure costing $500k. Surely, you haven't paid that much in premiums, but her insurance covers most of it.

Isn't she benefitting from someone else's hard-earned dollars?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the sake of argument, let's say Mrs. LOS goes into the hospital today (God forbid) and has to have a heart valve replaced or some other procedure costing $500k. Surely, you haven't paid that much in premiums, but her insurance covers most of it.

Isn't she benefitting from someone else's hard-earned dollars?

Insurance is a private industry. It is set up to be an OPTIONAL shared risk system. The government is now MANDATING that we have it, whether we want it or need it. They have outlawed self funding for those who COULD afford it. Health insurance USED to be a choice. No one was forced to participate. Many in this NEW FORCED system will take public funds, monies confiscated from it's rightful owner, and use it for their own benefit.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Whatever works.
I was happy for you during the festival.
You could see the relaxed smile on your face through your words
One week back to work and I worry Mrs LOS will be calling 911.
The BCBS thing didn't help.
But DUDE, you got to learn to chill !

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Whatever works.
I was happy for you during the festival.
You could see the relaxed smile on your face through your words
One week back to work and I worry Mrs LOS will be calling 911.
The BCBS thing didn't help.
But DUDE, you got to learn to chill !

I am fine, I just need to be left alone to live my life as I see fit. It's called freedom and it is a beautiful thing.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I am fine, I just need to be left alone to live my life as I see fit. It's called freedom and it is a beautiful thing.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How about you stop trying to tell others how to live? I know this might come as a shock to you but just because you like the way you allegedly live doesn't mean it is right.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is hilarious: the whole structure of insurance is based on redistribution, and almost no one gets out of it what they've paid into it. I don't even want to know how much I've paid into workers' comp over the years, that someone else is getting the benefit of, because I've been fortunate enough to never have needed it. And I don't have any choice in the matter, either.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is hilarious: the whole structure of insurance is based on redistribution, and almost no one gets out of it what they've paid into it. I don't even want to know how much I've paid into workers' comp over the years, that someone else is getting the benefit of, because I've been fortunate enough to never have needed it. And I don't have any choice in the matter, either.

At one time that was true. Not much any more. That is why you have some like Aetna are bailing out because they would lose money. Same with Allstate in many states. Limiting coverage or bailing out all together because the losses are too high.
Then of course we could look at social security. The current numbers show spending at roughly 200k more per person than what they put in. That is why that program is in trouble.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Social Security, yeah, that's a confidence inspirer to give great hope for government run Obamacare. :rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Social Security, yeah, that's a confidence inspirer to give great hope for government run Obamacare. :rolleyes:

This is what most see as that Obamacare confidence builder. That now includes many democrats.

r620-af63d38e725d2609ce0c5f451c963289.jpg

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
Just heard last light night on landline now OOIDA will be setting up their own private marketplace for truck drivers for insurance nothing can go live until October 1st though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At one time that was true. Not much any more. That is why you have some like Aetna are bailing out because they would lose money. Same with Allstate in many states. Limiting coverage or bailing out all together because the losses are too high.
Then of course we could look at social security. The current numbers show spending at roughly 200k more per person than what they put in. That is why that program is in trouble.

After learning how the insurance industry acts behind the smokescreens of their PR spun announcements, I don't believe their explanations or statistics, either. [I'm referring to their rate wars to capture the bottom of the barrel medical practitioners after everryone else was taken, followed by some seriously poor investment decisions with the income from those bad apples, and their public outrage when the bills came due in the form of jury verdicts against their clients: tort reform!]
Insurance is a perfect example of too much power used to enrich the few to the detriment of the many, and it's a large factor in why medical care is not affordable for too many people who work for a living, never mind those who don't.
Social security is another subject, but it isn't the system that's flawed, it's the way Congress has misused their power to make it work.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How about you stop trying to tell others how to live? I know this might come as a shock to you but just because you like the way you allegedly live doesn't mean it is right.

This may come as a shock to you, I don't use force to make people do what they don't want to do. All I say is that everyone, who is physically and/or mentally capable to accept full responsibility for their OWN lives, and accept the consequences of their actions and decisions without demanding that some on else bail them out.

ALLEGEDLY live? What in the world do you mean by that?

cubansammich

Not a Member
This may come as a shock to you, I don't use force to make people do what they don't want to do. All I say is that everyone, who is physically and/or mentally capable to accept full responsibility for their OWN lives, and accept the consequences of their actions and decisions without demanding that some on else bail them out.

ALLEGEDLY live? What in the world do you mean by that?

al·leg·ed·ly
əˈlejidlē/
adverb
adverb: allegedly

used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
AH, but everything I have done in my life CAN be documented, besides, I asked the "Rocket", you can find something else to be snarky about. No one likes a copy cat.

Last edited:

cubansammich

Not a Member
AH, but everything I have done in my CAN be documented, besides, I asked the "Rocket", you can find something else to be snarky about. No one likes a copy cat.
It seemed that you had no idea what the word allegedly meant and I believe the definition was correct no matter who offered it to you. As far as snarky, I merely posted a word definition without any personal commentary or name calling. Were you looking for the definition of live?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It seemed that you had no idea what the word allegedly meant and I believe the definition was correct no matter who offered it to you. As far as snarky, I merely posted a word definition without any personal commentary or name calling. Were you looking for the definition of live?

Nice sliding. I did not mention name calling either. Nice try though.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some people allege to be the greatest invention since the pizza calzone when really they are two pieces of bread and full of bologna.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some people allege to be the greatest invention since the pizza calzone when really they are two pieces of bread and full of bologna.

Some people post vague snarky comments with incorrectly chosen verbs because they lack the intestinal fortitude to speak clearly & the knowledge to speak correctly. If you have to be a copy cat, you need to at least understand correct usage of the words you choose to copy.
And calzone was hardly a "great invention". :rolleyes: