Obama just won...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
The map upholds amongers stance. The map shows that candidates can spend their money and time in a small section of the country and win the election with a popular vote.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Welll...........Shift.........

What AMonger said is this:

The election would be decided by the few largest metropolitan areas,

And IMO.....the Election WAS decided by a few "Large" Metropolitan Areas. (Not the Largest'es of 'em all) What that Map above reflects is that America as a whole did NOT Vote Obawa in last night......but that the Electorals sided with quite a few of the larger "Metropolitan" areas in America.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes America did vote him in last night and mostly from large metro areas the map proves that. Sorry but i just don't understand what your seeing.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I said, I'm calling the morons morons. First, don't tell me it's because my candidate wasn't a good enough candidate. I didn't have a candidate. I had a libertarian in the primary where it makes sense to support a third party. I only had a choice in the general election where non-morons do whatever it takes to defeat the by far worse candidate by making the choice that has to be made. Spout whatever you want. It doesn't change anything. I'm right. You're wrong. That's your prerogative.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Phil wrote:

Sadly, gridlock and destructive partisanship are likely to continue.

That is exactly what I personally am hoping for...that nothing gets done and barrys and the Lts damage is limited...

And yes Dreamer, Smith and Wesson Holding stock was up today....

Now, so barry gets to occupy the WH for another 4 yrs..the next big deal is whats we all know as the "Fiscal Cliff" in Dec. Personally I hope it all stands and nothing gets changed or any "stop gap" measures are passed by this blame duck congress ... Taxes will increase across the board, cuts will be big across the board (not just in Defense) education, Medicare, SS ect will have cuts..oh and thee tax increases will slow hiring more then it alredy is and it has been said 2 million more will be unemployed....

The RT needs to continue the obstruction and grid lock...as was said , 4 yrs ain't really that long, we survived the last 4, we can do it again...make it as hard as possible for barry and the LT to damage the country anymore then they have....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As I said, I'm calling the morons morons. First, don't tell me it's because my candidate wasn't a good enough candidate. I didn't have a candidate. I had a libertarian in the primary where it makes sense to support a third party. I only had a choice in the general election where non-morons do whatever it takes to defeat the by far worse candidate by making the choice that has to be made. Spout whatever you want. It doesn't change anything. I'm right. You're wrong. That's your prerogative.

Calm down, Leo. Tantrums aren't good for your blood pressure.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now, so barry gets to occupy the WH for another 4 yrs..the next big deal is whats we all know as the "Fiscal Cliff" in Dec. Personally I hope it all stands and nothing gets changed or any "stop gap" measures are passed by this blame duck congress ... Taxes will increase across the board, cuts will be big across the board (not just in Defense) education, Medicare, SS ect will have cuts..oh and thee tax increases will slow hiring more then it alredy is and it has been said 2 million more will be unemployed....

The RT needs to continue the obstruction and grid lock...as was said , 4 yrs ain't really that long, we survived the last 4, we can do it again...make it as hard as possible for barry and the LT to damage the country anymore then they have....

Instead of working to solve problems, lets just make matters worse, yeah, thats the way to do it.

x9xAQ.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Instead of working to solve problems, lets just make matters worse, yeah, thats the way to do it.

x9xAQ.jpg

From what I read from Chef's post, he was for limiting the damage to this country and not to excaserbate the problem.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not if what's being proposed is throwing more gas on the fire. In that case, Obama is a narcissist arsonist. ;)

How about working with Dems in the senate to come up with programs he would have to sign, instead of obstructing and gridlock.

Gee, what a novel idea.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not if what's being proposed is throwing more gas on the fire. In that case, Obama is a narcissist arsonist. ;)

He used to be a community activist. The crowd he ran with back then contained some rabble-rousers who might not have been above a little arson if they could make political hay with it. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama was a narcissist arsonist.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So your position is the first two years when there wasn't any gridlock, Obama and the Dems got a handle on the debt? Yes or no?

Nope, never claimed they did.

It just would make more sense to me if the Repubs came up with good solid programs and force obama to accept them instead of just trying to make him look bad by any means necessary.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It just would make more sense to me if the Repubs came up with good solid programs and force obama to accept them instead of just trying to make him look bad by any means necessary.

It is impossible to make a president of the other party accept something. The only way is to have veto proof majorities in both houses. Of course if you had huge public backing it could be done but then pigs would fly too.

Almost impossible would be more accurate.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Your claim was that more gridlock would hurt MORE as opposed to less gridlock or none. If the republicans agree to raise taxes, it will have the opposite effect of growing the economy and increasing revenues to the federal government, thus hurting more. Forcing Obama to accept them? Sorry not a chance. He just won reelection. This guy doesn't have to cut one entitlement program whatsoever. He wants to grow programs even more. Have you heard?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Welll...........Shift.........

What AMonger said is this:

And IMO.....the Election WAS decided by a few "Large" Metropolitan Areas. (Not the Largest'es of 'em all) What that Map above reflects is that America as a whole did NOT Vote Obawa in last night......but that the Electorals sided with quite a few of the larger "Metropolitan" areas in America.

Actually, the electorals didn't decide anything yet and won't for a few weeks, when they meet to elect the next President. I don't remember when that is. When they do, some of them will be legally bound to vote for who they were sent to vote for, and some won't, depending on the law in their state. Anyway, what happened Tuesday was that we elected those people to send them to the Electoral College to elect the President.
See?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
3464_10151512265944251_565794963_n.jpg

"And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country ..."

To all those who are blindly following along in the ***clown parade of Rush, O'Reilly, Hannity, Levin, Beck, and others of their ilk ... and who continue to refuse personal responsibility for the outcome of this election and attempt to avoid culpability and blame it on others, by all means:
... continue

After all, it is just working out so spendidly for y'all, that I'm sure that with just a little more time and effort, a resounding success is just over the horizon ... :rolleyes:

Y'all have made snatching defeat from the jaws of victory into a high art form ...​

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You Ebert notice that, every year, both candidates suck? What do you think had gotten us to this point? People like you who accept the two-party system that doesn't exist as a matter of law, and votes for the lesser of two evils. As long as you keep falling for that, the parties will keep promoting the worst.
It's like if a private company keeps producing crap because it's cheaper, but you keep buying it. As long as you keep buying it, that's all they'll produce.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You Ebert notice that, every year, both candidates suck? What do you think had gotten us to this point? People like you who accept the two-party system that doesn't exist as a matter of law, and votes for the lesser of two evils. As long as you keep falling for that, the parties will keep promoting the worst.
It's like if a private company keeps producing crap because it's cheaper, but you keep buying it. As long as you keep buying it, that's all they'll produce.
You talkin to me ?