November is here!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
It'll all be better with the sunrise. 1st snow storm of the year always makes everyone grumpy !!!!

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Can we all just sleep on this and wake up better tomorrow? I think it was in the air today. My day was pretty crappy and I know a couple of friends had a bad day also. I don't think friendships need to be lost over some EO stuff. Maybe just think a little before hitting the post button or reread before sending. Life is just too short for this petty stuff. Just breathe. Really do feel for you all and really not trying to sound preachy. XOXO. Please?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They're an Isis joke in there somewhere, but they changed their name (and weren't very creative at it, either).

I for one wish they hadn't - it was their name first, and there wasn't anything wrong with it. Screw people who gave them grief over it! They probably never set foot in the place to begin with, and never would have, either.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I agree, but believe or not sales went down when the Isis name went all over the news and picked up after the change......stupid or crazy you have to feel bad for those folks.

Diva.....nailed it. Life is too **** short for as serious as people can take it.

guido4475

Not a Member
I for one wish they hadn't - it was their name first, and there wasn't anything wrong with it. Screw people who gave them grief over it! They probably never set foot in the place to begin with, and never would have, either.

Very good point made.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I agree, but believe or not sales went down when the Isis name went all over the news and picked up after the change......stupid or crazy you have to feel bad for those folks.

Diva.....nailed it. Life is too **** short for as serious as people can take it.

I do feel bad for them - they had to change a perfectly good name, because: stupid people. I hate it when they get their way, like toddlers throwing a tantrum.
If I'd known, I'd have tried to get to Isis every blessed day, to keep them going, because they earned it, and they deserve support.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Naming rights.
Ford Field
Comerica Park
Progressive Field
Lucas Oil Stadium
Load One Coney Island

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You can say that again. Made my yearly call to e$par of Michigan. Looks like I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get one. I can't stand going outside of my home, let alone think about the ice cube that's waiting for me :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
*** Winter Weather Alert *** Attention Load One Drivers and Customers and everyone else out there on the roads:

Winter Storm Bozeman moves through East and has set off a major lake-effect snowstorm across the Great Lakes snowbelts, affecting western and central New York, northwest Pennsylvania, northern Ohio, northern and western Michigan, and far northern Wisconsin.

Up to 60 inches of snow has already fallen in western New York, and up to 2 feet has fallen in far northern Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan. By the time all is said and done, parts of western and Upstate New York could be buried in almost 6 feet of new snow.

A state of emergency was declared in Erie County, New York Tuesday morning, banning all travel except for emergency vehicles. A 13-mile section of the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) was closed from the east side of Buffalo southward. To avoid traffic backups, a 37-mile stretch of the Niagara Thruway (Interstate 190) southbound from Niagara Falls to the Interstate-90 interchange was also shut down Tuesday morning.

Serious Travel Impacts

Dangerous winter travel will continue in all the typically hardest-hit Great Lakes snowbelts. Major travel corridors have been paralyzed and shut down in some cases. Major highways that will see the worst impacts include:

- Interstate 90 from northeast of Cleveland to near Rochester, New York; worst impacts near and just south of Buffalo.

- Interstate 81 north of Syracuse, New York, including the Watertown, New York, area.

- Interstate 94 from the Michigan-Indiana border to around Battle Creek, Michigan.

- All of Interstate 196 in west Michigan.

- Interstate 96 from Grand Rapids to Muskegon, Michigan.

- U.S. Highway 131, a major north-south freeway in west Michigan.

- U.S. Highway 31 in west Michigan, including the freeway section from Grand Haven to Ludington.

- Interstate 75 from Gaylord, Michigan, north to the Mackinac Bridge.

Parts of far northern Indiana could see a glancing blow from some of the lake-effect snow bands, but effects along the Indiana Toll Road and I-94 in northern Indiana should not be as severe as for locations across the state line in Michigan.

The setup is so volatile that lightning is occurring with some of the snow squalls. Thundersnow was reported in Buffalo, New York, Monday evening and may occur, at times, through the duration of this event.

The thundersnow is a result of very cold air blowing over relatively warm water, setting up a large vertical temperature difference and causing thunderstorms to form.

Forecast Timing

Essentially, there will be two rounds of significant lake-effect snow from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to western and Upstate New York.

- Tuesday: Heavy lake-effect snow continues (round one)

- Wednesday: Lake snowbands disrupted from west to east by weak reinforcing cold front; more widespread light-moderate snow. Then, bands redevelop later (round two begins).

- Thursday: Lake-effect snow (round two) continues

- Later Friday: Lake-effect snow ends

How Much More Snow?

The maps at right show forecast additional snowfall accumulations for the next 48 hours. These amounts do not include the snow that has already fallen. Keep in mind that additional accumulations may occur even after the end of the 48-hour period.

Maximum snowfall totals may approach 6 feet in the snowbelts east of Lake Erie, mainly just south of downtown Buffalo. In the Tug Hill Plateau east of Lake Ontario; some spots south of Watertown and north of Syracuse could pick up as much as 4 to 5 feet of snow through early Friday.

However, snowfall amounts will fall off rapidly outside these areas; as of Tuesday afternoon our forecast called for less than 2 inches of snow in Syracuse through Friday despite the 5-foot totals projected for areas only 50 miles to the north.

Midwest
- Winter Storm Bozeman lifts from eastern Tennessee this morning to northern New England tonight.
- A swath of snow occurs across the Ohio Valley as Bozeman moves northward east of the region.
- Total accumulations up to 4 inches are possible.
- A narrow band of up to 6 inch accumulations could occur from southwest to east-central Ohio.
- Arctic air charges in behind Winter Storm Bozeman triggering a heavy lake-effect snow event around the Great Lakes.
- Snow showers and squalls begin off Lake Superior and Lake Michigan during the day Monday and pick up in intensity Monday night.
- The lake-effect continues Tuesday before winding down Tuesday night as a weak area of low pressure approaches from Canada.
- Occasional lightning and thunder are possible in heavier lake-effect bands.
- Accumulations of 1 to 2 feet are likely with high spots of 2 to 3 feet in persistent bands.
- Other areas should pick up at least 6 to 12 inches through Tuesday night.
- The arctic chill dominates the region with highs in the 10s and 20s for most areas.
- Slightly less cold 30s are confined to eastern Kentucky and the upper Ohio Valley.
- Record low temperatures are likely Monday night from the eastern Plains through the Ohio Valley as the mercury drops into the single digits and lower teens.

Northeast
- Winter Storm Bozeman moves through the region producing mostly rain Monday and Monday night.
- Snow falls in northern New York and northern New England during the early morning, but changes over to rain by lunchtime.
- Accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are possible before the change.
- Once Bozeman goes by arctic air begins blasting back into the region later Monday and Monday night.
- That arctic rush triggers heavy lake-effect snow showers and squalls east and southeast of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario Monday night through Wednesday.
- Some bands will be intense with occasional lightning and thunder.
- Snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet with high spots of 2 to 3 feet are likely in far northwest Pennsylvania, southwest New York and in the Tug Hill Plateau of western New York.
- The heaviest snow bands should stay mainly south of Buffalo, but a minor shift in the wind direction and the band lifts northward into the city.
- A large temperature contrast occurs across the region Monday.
- West of Winter Storm Bozeman's track temperatures hover in the 30s to lower 40s and those are likely from West Virginia to northern New York and northern New England.
- East of Bozeman temperatures will be relatively warm with highs in the 50s and 60s.
- Some lower 70s are likely in eastern Virginia and along the Del-Mar-Va Peninsula and could lead to thunderstorms.

South
- Some very light snow is likely in western and northern Tennessee as Winter Storm Bozeman lifts out the region this morning.
- Accumulations should be no more than a slushy coating to an inch, mainly on grassy areas.
- Winter Storm Bozeman's cold front pushes across the Southeast triggering rain and thunderstorms.
- Some thunderstorms could produce strong wind gusts in the eastern Carolinas, southern Georgia and northern and central Florida.
- The remainder of the region will be dry, but very chilly.
- Highs reach the 60s and 70s in the Carolinas, central and southern Georgia, southeast Alabama and northern Florida before the cold front pushes through.
- Even warmer highs in the lower to middle 80s in central and southern Florida.
- Temperatures will tumble rapidly behind the cold front with lows Monday night in the 20s and 30s across the Southeast and northern Florida.
- Monday's highs will only be in the 30s, 40s and lower 50s from Oklahoma and Texas to eastern Tennessee and Alabama.

guido4475

Not a Member
In other words, if you are in any area other than these listed, stay put...and pray for those in the areas listed.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been a very trying week or so. My 93 year old dad was admitted to the hospital with his 92 year old girl friend a week ago. We had to move them to a health and rehab center. He tried to get out of bed and fell twice. Last time they took him to the hospital to see if he broke his hip. Luckily he didn't. I've been cleaning out his house and work shops. I don't think they will ever be back home. OOS until Dec 1st, I Hope.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Been a very trying week or so. My 93 year old dad was admitted to the hospital with his 92 year old girl friend a week ago. We had to move them to a health and rehab center. He tried to get out of bed and fell twice. Last time they took him to the hospital to see if he broke his hip. Luckily he didn't. I've been cleaning out his house and work shops. I don't think they will ever be back home. OOS until Dec 1st, I Hope.

Sorry to hear that. Not breaking the hip is a blessing for sure. Seems like that is never a good sign of things to come.

guido4475

Not a Member

I, unfortunately, know what you are going through. It sucks. But, when people are caring and help out anyway they can, things go a lot easier in every way. If I am anywhere near you, I will let you know. and I will be there to help you out. My number is 440-725-5951.Call if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there, and be strong.

guido4475

Not a Member
Sat here watching a National Freight driver who appears to be local put 6 gallons of anti-freeze, 1 gallon of oil, and a gallon of windshield washer fluid in his truck before he left. He made 2 additional trips to Autozone to make this possible...lol..Would it be safe to assume he has some major engine issues?....lol...

On a separate note, thank you, Tom an Tina, for the nice T/A dinner, and the hours of laughing so hard, all of us....I think we all needed that, the time spent together....I noticed how we were the only ones in the restaurant laughing and having a good time. It felt good to be on that end.

Taking a nap before I leave to go get loaded later on.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Really can't beat family. Whether it's blood or what we make it here and in life. Family is family.