November 2014 where ya at's

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Yall are both right. I have the problem of not wanting to go somewhere only to wait and freeze with no load. When I compare home to my van when it's sitting still it's a hard thing to do

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fast card appointment done. Now to do what Madonna did: get the heck out of Michigan :)

Pilot, Port Huron...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Now to do what Madonna did: get the heck out of Michigan :)"

And we were MORE than happy to see "IT" leave!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did not intend to offend :p

I want to leave under load, not just flee. Michigan looks like a nice place, if you ignore potholes and Detriot. I need to see upstate and the UP sometime. MI reminds me of PA, with a bit more winter :eek:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

I want to leave under load, not just flee. Michigan looks like a nice place, if you ignore potholes and Detriot. I need to see upstate and the UP sometime. MI reminds me of PA, with a bit more winter :eek:

I've always experienced more winter in PA. The turnpike seems to be a snow magnet.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always experienced more winter in PA. The turnpike seems to be a snow magnet.

PA isn't flat, so the snow stays where it lays instead of drifting all over the place. Then again, I never saw a snow gate until I went to Nebraska :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

The fishing and duck hunting are FANTASTIC down this way. One just to know where to go, and more importantly, who to go with! :cool: There is NO better walleye fishing anywhere on the globe than the Western Basin of Lake Erie and the Straights of Detroit. (Detroit River for those who flunked basic geography)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fishing and duck hunting are FANTASTIC down this way. One just to know where to go, and more importantly, who to go with! :cool: There is NO better walleye fishing anywhere on the globe than the Western Basin of Lake Erie and the Straights of Detroit. (Detroit River for those who flunked basic geography)
Oh sure, now you show up. Too busy fishing are we?

Speaking for fishing, now that you are retired, are you planning on going to Tip-up-town?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh sure, now you show up. Too busy fishing are we?

Speaking for fishing, now that you are retired, are you planning on going to Tip-up-town?

Hunting, fishing. RETIRED? Where do people keep getting that idea from? I plan on having a job by March. Been working on it for months now. Application goes in come January. They are looking for it when the time comes. It is not able to be applied for until Jan.

No Tip-Up town. Too many other more important things I am working on. Maybe in 2016.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I plan on having a job by March.
You a "job"! You are too independent to have a "job".

crying-with-laughter.gif

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You a "job"! You are too independent to have a "job".

crying-with-laughter.gif

You keep forgetting that I am the ultimate diplomat. :cool: IF I can get this position it will be a management position. I have 5 years experience in the field and many years of management experience. AND, and I AM COOL!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anybody here ever been denied a FAST Card? I had my interview this morning, and didn't know that they could deny the application even after you pass the conditional approval.

I wonder if I will lose out because of my one-item criminal record: underage drinking, $50 fine, 1978. Yup, that's right. 1978, when men were men, women wore painted-on jeans, and trucks had 238-hp Detroits.

Who cares about such a thing? The Temperance League? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back home, out of service, Van needs to visit the Doctor in the morning to find out what's up with all the idiot lights coming on,

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Has anybody here ever been denied a FAST Card? I had my interview this morning, and didn't know that they could deny the application even after you pass the conditional approval.

I wonder if I will lose out because of my one-item criminal record: underage drinking, $50 fine, 1978. Yup, that's right. 1978, when men were men, women wore painted-on jeans, and trucks had 238-hp Detroits.

Wow. Just: wow.
That is just insane, IMO.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter

I talked to Canada for Canada crossing they said it would cost $795 for my pardon for some misdemeanors i had