November 2014 where ya at's

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay so I called this carrier to inquire about work last week, he took my name down and phone number said he would call me back.

He calls today asking if im ready to go chicago il, - kenosha, il.

didnt ask for insurance or any paper work to be filled out, and when I asked if we can get the paperwork done first, his response was priceless, "we don't have to fill out any paper work"

Well sorry boss but I cant work with a company like that.

Any of you ever ran across a lab rat like that?

From my understanding I need to sign a contract between the owner operator and the company get the van measured, provide them with my insruance registration and license. Prior to running their freight.

Moral of the story, don't look for this line of work on craiglist...

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you dont know anything but my first name and my phone number, how are you gonna pay me, how do I know where is your office located, how do I know if you even have an office. I probably would've sent in the BOL and never heard from him again....

Plus the new carrier that I'm running for seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pre dispatched for an early morning pick up. It's a shortie Chicago to Chicago.

Hopefully I can get a nice weekend load at some point tomorrow as well...

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Really??? Where are you, South Charleston? Move to the west side. I was in tears almost from not being close enough to the loads today and yesterday in SC. Ugh!!!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Had a call missed it because I was grabbing a drink in my kitchen come back to my room called em back gave the load to someone else. Missed it by 2 minutes....shartlesburg

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a call missed it because I was grabbing a drink in my kitchen come back to my room called em back gave the load to someone else. Missed it by 2 minutes....shartlesburg

Always makes me wonder how they can find another Van that fast.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Okay so I called this carrier to inquire about work last week, he took my name down and phone number said he would call me back.

He calls today asking if im ready to go chicago il, - kenosha, il.

didnt ask for insurance or any paper work to be filled out, and when I asked if we can get the paperwork done first, his response was priceless, "we don't have to fill out any paper work"

Well sorry boss but I cant work with a company like that.

Any of you ever ran across a lab rat like that?

From my understanding I need to sign a contract between the owner operator and the company get the van measured, provide them with my insruance registration and license. Prior to running their freight.

Moral of the story, don't look for this line of work on craiglist...

Yeah, FAIL!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Hasnt that happen to you before?? Like one time you were asleep and called right back and it was already gone?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought I was supposed to have 10 minutes to reply

When I'm home and don't answer my cell, they call my landline. And if I don't answer that they give the load away, or so they say, after all I'm the only Van they have in the Akron area.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
When I'm home and don't answer my cell, they call my landline. And if I don't answer that they give the load away, or so they say, after all I'm the only Van they have in the Akron area.

They have called my home phone exactly once that I remember

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm sure it has, I say it's my fault since I did legit miss the call

I can understand you miss the call, everyone does now and then. But if you call back within 5 to 10 mins I would think they would at least give you that much time to call back?