North Carolina voters reject same-sex marriage.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
With all the problems that are going on, this is hardly the place to be spending time and taxpayer money to fool with it. Too much attention and efforts should be spent on other things.
This is right up there with states (2) spending thousands to ban school bake sales and Girl Scout cookies. Really.:rolleyes:

Trivializing marriage to the extent of equating it with bake sales and cookies explains much of the social deviancy and dysfunction championed by the Left.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trivializing marriage to the extent of equating it with bake sales and cookies explains much of the social deviancy and dysfunction championed by the Left.

Agreed. Let's stick to the logical conclusion that it will lead to marrying animals.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I'm not trivializing it, but I don't think government should be spending time and money on it right now. It is nothing more than a distraction from much bigger problems.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Nor does ignorance.
I will defer to you on the subject of ignorance. Those who believe in traditional marriage do not need to stand aside as the homosexual lobby pushes for radical change in our social norms. The social decay put upon the American people by Leftists is probably irreversible at this point. Still, there is hope for recovery from 50 years of liberal assault.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Of all the places I would see this....the soapbox where most want big government out of our lives and here some cheering and advocating to invite them into the bedroom...and into the lives of fellow Americans and such prejudice against a certain sexual orientation...I suppose so much for equal rights for all Americans.....whats the next step? Ban mixed race marriages?
I am disappointed at the direction this country is turning....:(

On the other hand, next step would be marriage to children or animals, or MULTIPLE WIVES. If you allow same sex, you open the door to everything else.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It may be a radical change from the moral stand point, but to what degree? My daily life is effected little regardless of what they do. I am not doing anything different that would be perceived as accommodating them. Look at the bright side, if they get married, then the way the current tax structure is, they will be paying more because of the marriage penalty tax.
But I still think it isn't a place to have taxpayer funds used/wasted right now.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
But that's up to each state, isn't it? The federal government has its own problems when it spends millions studying pig farts.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It may be a radical change from the moral stand point, but to what degree? My daily life is effected little regardless of what they do. I am not doing anything different that would be perceived as accommodating them. Look at the bright side, if they get married, then the way the current tax structure is, they will be paying more because of the marriage penalty tax.
But I still think it isn't a place to have taxpayer funds used/wasted right now.

It would be much more profitable and cheaper for the states to have a new category of civil unions that give gays the same coverage. It would be an easy victory and gays would have everything they want. Since this is such a clear and obvious answer the only conclusion one can come to is that the gay activist bullies are only interested in attacking people for their beliefs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Radical to what degree? Homosexual marriage is as radical as it gets. It stands in direct opposition to 2000 years of Western tradition. If we as a society cannot agree on something so fundamental as marriage, then we are doomed. Let's keep this so simple a kindergarten student understands: marriage is a relationship existing between one man and one woman. Anything else is something other than marriage. If two gay people want to live together, go at it. But their relationship isn't marriage and never will be. There is no bright side to such arrangements and defending the concept of marriage is not a waste of time or resources. The people of North Carolina have expressed themselves on this issue and their state constitution now reflects their collective will.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It currently is an issue that is decided by the states. But make no mistake that this could turn into a Federal issue. Primarily because some states would recognize it, and some won't. That will be followed by more wasteful spending for years on arguing about it. Just don't have the money. Borrowing from the Chinese to battle about gay marriage makes little sense.
As for will it transform everything into bestiality, pedophiles, and bigamy I kind of doubt it. Those are separate laws from the marriage one.
Now the multiple wife concept may have some merit since the wife isn't reading, but no.....I am just kidding.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
If 2 men marry how does that really affect you?? Nobody will answer this??

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

As for me, Jeff, my mom...IT DOESN'T!

I think everyone deserves to be happy, to know what the kind of happiness that bond can bring. No matter if they are the same gender.

Surprisingly, the marriage isn't about what they do in the bedroom. The marriage is about committing their lives to one another in every aspect. Just like heteros, some who think they have cornered the market on "true love".

I am more comfortable in the presence of my friend and his partner than I am with a few of my married hetero friends. He and his partner are truly happy, enjoy each other's company, and people are at ease around them. No tension, no bickering, lots of laughter.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited: