North Carolina voters reject same-sex marriage.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
North Carolina voters reject same sex marriage to a second language, now how did that happen. I gonna put down my Evan Willams and start over. lol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
HUMOR! HUMOR! WORDY DIRDS is HUMOR!

Of course it is - to kids. And "I dare you!" is the ultimate challenge. - to kids. It's just that most of us have grown up now, and our sense of humor has too. Not past adolescence, in some cases, but beyond childhood, at least.

As to my wife and leading a 'sheltered life' , I think you have absolutely NO idea in the world what you are talking about.
Just because she may have not know the true meaning behind an acronym does not mean anything.

Well, someone certainly doesn't know what they're talking about, but in this case, it's YOU.
Sheltered has absolutely nothing to do with strength - one can be both.

My wife is a VERY strong woman, able to do what likely NO other woman on this planet was even capable of doing. Putting up with me for what will be 39 years next month!

I met Mrs LOS once, and thought she is a lovely lady - I certainly wasn't insulting her by saying she may have led a sheltered life. What it means is unexposed to [protected from] the harsh, ugly, or violent realities of life, and I believe you are the kind of man who shelters his wife as much as possible. I may be wrong on that score, but it still wasn't meant to insult either of you.

Sheltered life my hind leg. What a GOOFY thing to say!

Goofy was your comment about the word 'snafu' [I think you were tickled to think you know the meaning of the acronyms, and many others don't] and your ignoring my questions about which acronyms are ok, and which are not. If the moderators can't answer the question, how are we supposed to avoid accidental transgressions?
Are the acronyms snafu & fubar acceptable, or not?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I give up. I was NOT upset about anything. I was JOKING about the military term, poking fun at pantie waists who get upset over everything.

We just speak different versions of 'Merican.

Have a nice day!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I give up. I was NOT upset about anything. I was JOKING about the military term, poking fun at pantie waists who get upset over everything.

You mean the admin team, who don't permit h*ll or d**n or any 'swear' words, no matter how commonly used? Cause nobody complained about it - just sayin.
Pantie waists? I rest my case.

This is America - we speak English.

Have a nice day!

Since you say that only when frustrated, we all know it's code for 'drop dead!', lol. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You mean the admin team, who don't permit h*ll or d**n or any 'swear' words, no matter how commonly used? Cause nobody complained about it - just sayin.
Pantie waists? I rest my case.

This is America - we speak English.

Have a nice day!

Since you say that only when frustrated, we all know it's code for 'drop dead!', lol. :D

No, I am NOT frustrated. I don't tell people to drop dead either. So there!

Admin is allowed to enforce what ever rules that they chose. I was not knocking them.

I DID send Brisco a link to MORE military funny stuff, did not post it because there are some offended by things like that. I am truly a sensitive person.

I don't speak English, I did somewhat when I lived there, speak, 'Mercian here. Our cars don't have bonnets or boots. Most don't have wings either. Did pretty good up in Scotland and spoke Yorkshire fairly well. I am also able to speak to EnglishLady AND Tony at the same time!

I still think it is beyond funny that you would 'sheltered' in regards to my wife. Hardly the case.You have NO idea how NOT sheltered she is. I also picture 'sheltered' people as weak. They have never had to face 'tough things' there is no way to be 'strong'. My take on the use of that term. Kinda like metal, it has to be tempered to gain strength.

I REALLY hope we can make this pick up REALLY SOON. The 'night people' are coming out. Seen our first hooker a little bit ago. NOT a neighborhood to be in after dark. Not armed either.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was hoping someone besides me was familiar with Vivid Video. I won't elaborate. :eek:

What red blooded american male wouldnt be, or am I a little more abnormal than I already thought.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
I know what vivid video is but funny I got to a point in age where those things dont entertain me. how many glassy eyed stoned chicks doing the same thing are there? they have to be stoned to get into those, um, positions. that and "chests" that dont move. *yawn* i prefer my real woman. and no, she is not watching over my shoulder, lol.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I know what vivid video is but funny I got to a point in age where those things dont entertain me. how many glassy eyed stoned chicks doing the same thing are there? they have to be stoned to get into those, um, positions. that and "chests" that dont move. *yawn* i prefer my real woman. and no, she is not watching over my shoulder, lol.

Riiiiiiiiiight......

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Obviously Moose meant interpreted. One of my favorites of his is the ever-popular and oft used "costumer". :D

It's one of mine, too. I remember it every time I pull on a neon lime green vest - at the 'costumer's' request. ;)