no loads after oriention????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
Margret, go to the owners web site and login. Click on the driver attendance link and you will clearly see 2 load offers. One at 11:53 and the other at 12:03 on Saturday. The Buffalo was going to TN. Are you acknowledging that at least one load offer was made? That seems different than when this thread started. Let's all play honest OK? I am done with this thread. Margret if you would like to discuss it further you have my number. Nothing productive is happening here.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Charlee, if you are so rich from the trucking - from the last 2 years and said that every things it is problem to the O?O you are in good position take us all in vaction to Bahama . \

Suds43 about your comments I don't care so muche if you things that the trut is verbally attack you are person who don't like the trut it hurt but is teh t........ you need to thing about so many things around you.

Dieseldiva, my housband it is not a DISGRUNTLED DRIVER he is GOOD DRIVER ask Jeff about his record ????????????ok You have a problem with somthing I don't know what??????Because in your statment you have a French saing: To Mark- "la tristesse durera toujours" min English is " The sadnes will be all day" We are all happy people we don't need to be a sad all days . make your live fun and enjoy - this is very important to enjoy the days every singale minutes it is to short to be unhappy .

I like this forum it is real fun and i like that have people like Turtle and greg334 and cheri1122 and all other to be proud of them self and have a respect for them self first then for the others because if you don't respected your self, NO ONE remeber No ONE will respect you this is from me . Oh some body said whay he call at home - off course he can call at home , of ciurse he can call at home we are the family and this is the most impotnat thing in people life THE FAMILY.

Thank 's to all about the comments , only I waiting from Jeff replay about the 2 loads to see if he make a right statment ???????????I hope yes or I can invait Susan and she will conferm that was only one load to IL never have a TN load.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
YesJeff but did you see that in this load said DISPACH ERROR and was NEVAR NEVAR OFFER TO MY HOUSBAnd. i see and ask erol and tasha but she said this was error and he nevar even know about I tell him about this load. NEVAR WAS offer to him . dispatc error said Ask Jennifer , jeff ask sussan the offer was onli one to Belveder ,IL. I am glad that you are in lime to fix the things.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The purpose of orientation is to give the drivers all the information with which to make them a success, both to themselves and to Panther. Clearly, orientation failed in this case.

I would have to disagree. None of the other drivers in this class experienced these difficulties. The necessary information was presented but apparently not absorbed by this driver.

Orientation "failed in this case" and was "not absorbed by the driver" is the same thing. Whatever happened in orientation, it didn't work with this driver, for whatever reason. What are you disagreeing with, exactly? Perhaps the notion of who is responsible for ensuring the driver absorbed the information? Is the Panther orientation truly that rigid? Swim or sink, learn or die?

Soon as they pulled the trigger on placing him OOS, they took on that responsibility. Problem is, it wasn't their time that was gonna be wasted for two days, so that wasn't really a problem for them, was it?

Something we don't agree on. When did we absolve individuals of all responsibilities for their own actions?
Thaaaaat's a loaded question there, Jeff. Panther holds us accountable for every little thing we do out here, yet it's rare when someone in Seville will accept responsibility or be accountable for much of anything. Safety blames dispatch, dispatch blames Safety. Or the old stanby, "I don't know who did that or why it happened." Magic, I guess. The art of passing the buck is at the highest level there.

For whatever reason, those who conducted orientation failed to ensure this driver absorbed the information presented, and Panther absolved them of all of that responsibility. Well, for the weekend, anyway.

Why do you assume that no one talked to the guy and tried to work with him on Saturday then came to the conclusion he required a higher level of intervention?
I assume that, because that's what you said happened. And because that higher level of intervention isn't available on the weekends, it's a logical assumption, regardless.

Based on the quick load offers I'm guessing we could have used that truck. An effort was made to salvage his weekend.
Obviously it wasn't a successful effort, 'cause it failed, too.

I also don't agree that someone should have been called in. Let the firestorm begin I guess, but the people on this side of the business deserve their time off as much as anyone else.
If the job had been done properly in the first place, it wouldn't have been necessary to call someone in. It's not about time, it's about results. If it takes someone coming in on the weekend to finish up something they failed to do in the first place, so be it. If that's not an option, then Panther either needs to stagger schedules to ensure the proper people are in the proper place to be able to cover the weekends, or they need to hire and train those to do so.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
ok Jeff i will call you tomorow but don't assist about 2 loads this is not right. The all problem it is solve today by Susan sweet lady and I want to solve with you because you assits to be a 2 loas but it not. The maine part is that he stay all weekend long and I ask you foe this in advance the things was not want have to be.........I will call you for sure Jeff.Enjoy the night and have a fune with the teens.:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, I'm glad that things are getting worked out here, lol. Kudos to Jeff from Panther for speaking up, and to Margo for standing by her man ;), and to all who tried to help - it was fun, wasn't it?:p

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
TURTLE if all people in this country like you , OPEN , SELF-ESTEMED WE CAN BE THE BEST NATION ON THE EARTH. I AM VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS FRIEND YOU KNOW HOW TO STAND BY FOR YOU AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTNAT THINK. YOU ARE THE BEST . I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR WORDS......GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF ALL O/O ARE LIKE YOU LONG TIME AGO WE WILL HAVE CHEP FUEL LIKE BEFORE, BUT THE PEOPLE SCARE TO STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS THIS IS THE PROBLEM FOR THE CHEP LOADS AND THE BIG COMPETITION . GO I LIKE YOU !!!!!!!YOU MAKE MY DAY THANK;S

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
hay lady freind tanks for the word it is count so muche for me . Off course I have to be with my man i was deal with a Jeff in the first palce and let my man ............no we are one. I will send you a pm. I glad taht you are on line

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Hi every one who send me a PM and thank.s for the all suport I recived and offer for a help I things that Panthera have to be a proud of so many good people working in this company and for the others company to . This is the nice forum and I like all of you Thanks so many times and I wish the best to every one not only to my supporters but for every one. I will go off of line because I have my Spanish serial and I will be after this on line . every one can enjoy the evening . UNETED WE STAND !!!!!!!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have received several emails with regards to this thread which I have just read. I do commend Jeff for coming on here to at least explain from Panthers position what they felt happened.

When someone comes to orientation, they are essentially coming in as a business person. In this case, he left orientation at 4:00 P.M. If he didn't have a working knowledge for whatever reason of what was going to happen, he should have addressed that then. The orientation people were still there for several hours. Instead, in this case, he waited 19 hours to do anything. Who might be that brilliant mind reader to determine who understands what? Even if something was misunderstood, should have went back to Seville before running anything. That is the drivers responsibility. There are plenty of people there Saturday (including other drivers) that could have answered his questions. With the years of experience listed, one would think it could have been handled over the phone? Additionally, if he thought there might be a struggle, he should have went to orientation M-W.

With his wife at home and him in the truck, it is overly apparent there is a communication breakdown with what is sent on the QC, and what is relayed to his wife. Without a QC in the house, the messages are getting mixed and the accurate information is somewhere in the middle. He would be better served to review the information on the QC and determine the run value on his own.

With regards to training, liken it to one buying a franchise. If you don't know their program say on Friday, it would be a stretch to think they will bring someone special in for training over a weekend. Why would they, when the opportunity was there Friday and other options are available?

Lastly, the driver was conscience enough to accept a load and then decided he(they) that they didn't want it. If that was turned down including following runs, why beat a dead horse and jeopardize your customers? I would have pulled the plug on the whole thing until it got resolved.

The only fault of Panther was I probably would have sent him through orientation a second time on Monday. If he attended orientation on M-W, some of the issues might have been eliminated? But again......how would you know?
Good, bad, or indifferent.
There's my penny in pond

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Davekc, Thanks for your comments but I don't understud your position.............. I know hat hapend yes I sm at home but we have the best communucation with my housbonad and I don't need to have a QUALCOM to know what going one. he was AV right a way after the orientation but the problem was tahe company don't have s loads for the weekend I have talk with 3 diferant dispech the same answer :NO loads first it is weekned secon it is SLOW period , ok. You can said forver you want it is your but I don't take thsi . Don't go against the O/O . i f you want inavted Mr. Kozlovski in this forum it is the same . The problem was that we was promesing one thing by Jeff and hapend other , If a know that the recruting it is like this we nevar will go in W orientation. I hope the all recruting people start teling the things up front to the people about the weekens situation , not only empt words. And today thay have only 30min to show him somthing in the Qualcom??????????? He have stay and waiting all weeknd common this was only esxuse for not a haveing a load this is the maine point not other . Every one have a right of owne opinion this is the free country and I hope I am wrong let we see how will work in the next days.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not here to beat up on you but there is certainly a cross of lines somewhere. He may have been available out of orientation, but if he doesn't actually show in service until Saturday, the chances of a load aren't too good.
The dispatch likely told you there were no loads at that specific time because there wasn't. That changes all the time from one hour to the next. You found that out once you got your truck actually in service.
As far as the QC, you are at a disadvantage being at home because you aren't seeing the information first hand.

For whatever thats worth, I wish you well in getting things straightened out.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Yes I agree with you if NOT a loada it is NOT , but I don't like to reciving one info and aftre this is the differnt . No one in the world is perfect person but at list be open mind and tel the things up front and play open , not a cover .........The recruters have to tell the new people - we are slow during this time -like we all know about this perod it is slow and tell the people that w oriention it is NOT GOOD about the weekends and this is on , no problem it this esay and both side in good shape............ every one make plans , but remeber we have to have plan A and B this fr sure.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
There is an old saying that goes like this "I don't have a dog in this fight". I can see the driver's point of view and Panther's. Mainly because like many here I've been through Panther oreintation. There is alot of information thrown at you in a short period of time. So it is easy to get confused. The instructors also ask if anyone has any questions, and they also make themselves available during the breaks and after class each day for questions. At least they did when I went through it in 2005.

I have a good feeling I'm the one you all were talking about when you said someone here grew up in this country and served in the military and still can't type a decent post. Oh well. I'm working on my writing skills and trying to get better at it everyday. Right now I'm drunk on Nyquil trying to fight a cold and the computer seems to be getting taller and taller. I hope everything works out well for you and your husband weather it is at the Big Kitty Kat or elsewhere alborada. I just hope for you alls sake everything can be straightened out because switching companies is no cheap matter.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
I wish you to get well soon from your cold. You are 100% right about the moving to new company it is not cheap and losing money every day it is not good to. Let's we see what will happend in this company ............ Tank s for the commetns and all new comments are welkom all the time .

are12

Expert Expediter
Give it some time, Panther isn't bad to work for, once you get into the swing of things.

What your husband needs to do is ask questions and lots of them. I noticed a post the other day where Suds offered to talk with your husband since he is also a solo tractor driver. Did you PM him with your husband's name and cell phone number? If not, you really should. He can be a big help and it will give your husband a better understanding of how things are done in expediting.

I remember when we 1st started and we were only in the business for 2 weeks and we seemed to be sitting more than we were working. We met this great couple, that took us under their wing, and talked with us the whole weekend. They were a great help to us, even though they were in a tractor and we were in a straight truck. I think of them often and I am grateful for all the information, encouragement and time they spent with us, to give us a better understanding on how expediting really worked. (We also started in the slow season)

Tell your husband to talk with other driver's, the one's that have a positive attitude, and he will learn from them.

Good luck, to you and your husband, in the wonderful world of expediting - where things change constantly!! That's what keeps it interesting!;);)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have a good feeling I'm the one you all were talking about when you said someone here grew up in this country and served in the military and still can't type a decent post.
Absolutely not. I'm the one that said that, and I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

Right now I'm drunk on Nyquil...
Ah! That explains the sudden readability of your posts.
rollinglaugh.gif

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
You have a problem with somthing I don't know what??????Because in your statment you have a French saing: To Mark- "la tristesse durera toujours" min English is " The sadnes will be all day" We are all happy people we don't need to be a sad all days . make your live fun and enjoy - this is very important to enjoy the days every singale minutes it is to short to be unhappy .

The only PROBLEM I have right now is your sad attempt at playing Dr. Phil concerning my sig line. One can be happy with MOST things in their life and still have a sadness within that will NEVER, YES I SAID NEVER go away.

Only because you're so off base will I explain this and then you're free to analyze it as you wish, just please for everyone's sake, keep it to yourself because it's clear that you flunked mind reading 101.

Two years ago this past Christmas I lost my kid brother after a long and heroic battle with melanoma. He was far too young to die, left behind very young children and a lifetime of unfulfilled plans and dreams. His name was Mark. My understanding of the saying was "never-ending sadness" or "the sadness will never end". One can be happy on a day to day basis and still have an ache in one little corner of their heart that will never mend.

Now leave it alone.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know how this thread went 7 pages? But IMO it's about 5 pages too long ..including this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.