Newt Gingrich wins South Carolina

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Now it comes down to two candidates - the establishment's moderate Romney with the money or Gingrich the conservative with the substance.
Conservative ?

Substance ?

(The idea of "the substance of Newt" sorta makes me wanna go take a shower .... sounds like something Christine O’ Donnell would throw in a boiling caldron .... :rolleyes:)

You mean the conservative that sat with Nancy P to warn us all about Global Climate Change ... that "conservative" ?

The one that pioneered & taught the first "Environmental Studies" program at West Georgia College ... that "conservative" ?

Or the one that upholds "social conservative values" so well in his personal life ?

The "Progressive Rockefeller Republican" .. that "conservative" ?:

Newt Gingrich is a Progressive Rockefeller Republican

but then every feature presentation needs a cartoon.
You wanna cartoon ? (albeit a sick one)

Then try my thread here

However, the main point to take away from this primary is how far off the mark the polls were.
Not really - the polls actually tracked his surge of support as it happened .... if one was paying attention ....

Newt's support may be quite a bit deeper than we think.
Flawed characterization - Newt's support was broad .... not deep ....

This is evidenced by the fact that his surge in support came largely from Romney voters that abandoned ship over the last week, and whatever miniscule amount he picked up from Perry.

That's shallow support - not deep ... and it's reflective of folks that have very little commitment to a candidate ....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Newt Gingrich is an intellectual and a street brawler. Newt will take the fight to Barack Obama. This is what conservatives want. Soft-spoken effeminates aren't going to get the job done. Newt brings brains and fangs to the table. The Democrats greatly underestimate Newt.

And once again, if Newt Gingrich wins the nomination, it'll be another Predator election: "Whoever wins, we lose." Even if Newt defeats Obama, in a couple years, you won't feel like you won anything.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Newt Gingrich is an intellectual and a street brawler.
Clearly - a very studly marshmell .... er, dude:

newtgingrich.jpg

Newt will take the fight to Barack Obama. This is what conservatives want.
Well ..... there's no fixin' ..... ah, nevermind .....

Soft-spoken effeminates aren't going to get the job done.
Chickenhawk draft-dodger:

rainn-wilson-totally-looks-like-newt-gingrich.jpg

Newt brings brains and fangs to the table.
..... meow .....:

ss-110610-newt-gingrich-firstwife.grid-7x2.jpg

He might need to use the magic eraser on that photo ... :rolleyes:

The Democrats greatly underestimate Newt.
And the Warvangelicals greatly overestimate him .....

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Ron Paul is not relevant in American politics. He never has been. Now comes the fun of watching his supporters' frustration.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
This begins the process that involves the voters that are registered with the GOP instead of being tainted by the crossovers and so-called "independents". Now it comes down to two candidates - the establishment's moderate Romney with the money or Gingrich the conservative with the substance. Santorum is now running for VP and Ron Paul scores an insignificant victory over those who are no longer in the race, but then every feature presentation needs a cartoon. However, the main point to take away from this primary is how far off the mark the polls were. Newt's support may be quite a bit deeper than we think.
I belive Newt has much more support then most even want to admit.Now they are playing in his neck of the woods.

Newt Gingrich is an intellectual and a street brawler. Newt will take the fight to Barack Obama. This is what conservatives want. Soft-spoken effeminates aren't going to get the job done. Newt brings brains and fangs to the table. The Democrats greatly underestimate Newt.

I dont think the democrats underestimate Newt at all.I belive they along with the liberal press want everyone to belive that Romeny is the guy to beat Obama.Why?Because they know Obama can beat Romney in the election,they also know that Newt will tear Obama up in debates.One of the biggest problems that this country has with washington is its failure for both partys to work together.This is under Obamas watch.Newt brings leadership that can get things done in both partys.They are scared of Newt being the guy going up against Obama.:D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ron Paul is not relevant in American politics. He never has been.
Right - that why the media is noting that he is - particularly, in terms of the Repub's winning the general .... :D

And that's obviously why every single remaining candidate has glommed onto his message in one way or another .... and is now trying to steal it .... ;)

That's why they are all showing him deference - even as the Newter did this evening, in his speech .... :rolleyes:

Great assessment - please share more of these astute divinations with us as they occur to you ...

Now comes the fun of watching his supporters' frustration.
LOL ..... no frustration here Chief - only a strengthening of resolve .... clearly much work to be done :D

But hey - if you wanna talk about having some real fun - try this instead in about 6 months: watching people who have been utterly unable to restrain their abject hatred for an individual for the past 3 1/2 years getting their heads handed to them in the general in November if Paul is not the nominee ....

Now that will be a real treat ....

Just remember - the above can be prevented ..... but that's a limited time offer .....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Obama ?

Hey ..... here's a thought ..... why don't you see if Neuter (sp ?) can grow a pair and really step up - take it to those puppet masters that are actually pulling the strings ?

Ya know - actually do sumpthin' that actually requires some actual nards and involves real risk:

Ron Paul vs Goldman Sachs

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So there are just two random thoughts ...

Their religion?

Does that mean they follow something like scientology?

where is that forgiveness and repentance stuff in regards of defining marriage and other social issues where they are trying to tell everyone what they can and can't do.

Newt has been an adulturer in the past so christians have chosen to forgive him because he has asked for forgiveness from them and his god.
In regards to gay marriage, christians believe they are still living in sin and haven't repented. Other than abortion what social issues are they trying to tell everyone not to do?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
They don't represent an entire religion and their arrogance in thinking they replace God in forgiven gingrich is just the same as their hatred for other religions that don't think as they do.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are a lot of Republican voters that survey the field of candidates and don't see anyone who is better suited to defeat Obama and take the country in a more conservative direction. They recognize that he has baggage, they know what it is and they don't care. They also realize that Newt isn't an adulterer on the Tiger Woods level, nor is he a pervert or a sleazy skirt chaser like Bill Clinton. They think his imperfections are outweighed by his abilities to defeat the most incompetent president in the nations' history and help repair the worst economy since the 1930s. And last but not least, perhaps the good people of South Carolina decided they're not going to let the mainstream media or the GOP elite impose upon them another moderate loser like John McCain.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There are a lot of Republican voters that survey the field of candidates and don't see anyone who is better suited to defeat Obama and take the country in a more conservative direction. They recognize that he has baggage, they know what it is and they don't care. They also realize that Newt isn't an adulterer on the Tiger Woods level, nor is he a pervert or a sleazy skirt chaser like Bill Clinton. They think his imperfections are outweighed by his abilities to defeat the most incompetent president in the nations' history and help repair the worst economy since the 1930s. And last but not least, perhaps the good people of South Carolina decided they're not going to let the mainstream media or the GOP elite impose upon them another moderate loser like John McCain.

Probably so. I was surprised by how many women voted for him.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There are a lot of Republican voters that survey the field of candidates and don't see anyone who is better suited to defeat Obama and take the country in a more conservative direction.

But outside of Rush and maybe that Irish guy, the only other ones who see there is no problem with targeting "republican" voters are the republicans themselves. The last time I looked it wasn't the republicans or democrats for that matter who can swing an election in favor of one or another candidate so I would think even in the primary, the republicans should be doing more than trying to pick someone to run against someone who is already running unopposed.

They recognize that he has baggage, they know what it is and they don't care. They also realize that Newt isn't an adulterer on the Tiger Woods level, nor is he a pervert or a sleazy skirt chaser like Bill Clinton.

Who keeps saying that his ***ing over his wife for some twit is what people are concerned about, that crap isn't my issue with him but runs deeper and isn't being talked about much. The other thing that bothers me and makes me not trust him at all is his focus on what is going on now while he is in denial of groundwork for our disasters during his tenure as speaker.

They think his imperfections are outweighed by his abilities to defeat the most incompetent president in the nations' history and help repair the worst economy since the 1930s. And last but not least, perhaps the good people of South Carolina decided they're not going to let the mainstream media or the GOP elite impose upon them another moderate loser like John McCain.

Well I don't and I would have a very hard time voting for him because I don't see his imperfections of his screwing his wife over as an issue as much as other things that show me he has little leadership qualities that we need. The sad thing, really sad thing for that matter is that the idea that we have the most incompetent president in our history while we see the worst economy in since the 30's seems to be more BS to make people think that anyone other than Obama will be better. First this isn't the worst president, we don't have carter style stupidity to the extent we had with carter. The congress is to blame for much of what we have today, which includes the republicans who went along with the raising of the debt ceiling and other things that just keep adding onto everything but the biggest lie yet is that we have the worst economy since the 30's, which can't be true, we are not living in the 30's nor do we have the asset based manufacturing we had in the 30's where most of the population was not educated but labor. Unemployment is one factor involved with the economy and we can fix that but it will take more than another "conservative" who has this idea that he has to kiss the a** of the conservative god and be acceptable via a party driven poll in order to lead. We won't see the leadership we need in any of the two leading contenders and more so because the party needs to be changed from the inside out which means to shed the idea of the conservative god and move into the real world where people don't care about what religious leader gives their blessing but where we are actually free again and have confidence in our government to stay out of our lives.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

And you know this how? Did Newt reassure you it was only once or twice?

IMO, it only takes fondling one child to be a pedophile. It only takes one time screwing around on your spouse to be scum like Clinton.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And you know this how? Did Newt reassure you it was only once or twice?

IMO, it only takes fondling one child to be a pedophile. It only takes one time screwing around on your spouse to be scum like Clinton.

It takes a truly slimy scumbag to lead the howls of moral outrage [against Clinton] while in the midst of a longterm extramarital affair himself.
And being censured by Congress for ethics violations? By Congress?! How far into the territory of rock bottom does one have to go when Congress has a problem with it?
My mind is blown by the support for this lowlife DC insider - I guess the vid of the Miss SC contestant might explain the thought processes, though.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just saw a great line on somebody's Facebook:

"When you need the kids from your first wife to say your second wife is lying about your third wife, that's Family Values
!" :D
Wait - that's not funny, is it?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Well I don't and I would have a very hard time voting for him because I don't see his imperfections of his screwing his wife over as an issue as much as other things that show me he has little leadership qualities that we need."

I thought that leadership was not important? The best thing than can happen is that EVERY candidate running LOSES! That includes the general elections. They are all lacking, some more than others, but there is not a leader in the bunch. There is little USEFUL experience in the bunch either. Why don't they all just fade away?

I have no use for Newt, having said that, the debates between Newt and Barry would be fun to watch! I want to ask the questions. When I got done asking them they would, without a doubt, both lose! :p

greg334

Veteran Expediter

I have no use for Newt, having said that, the debates between Newt and Barry would be fun to watch! I want to ask the questions. When I got done asking them they would, without a doubt, both lose! :p

If you have no use for him, why are you calling him by his first name?

To me he is not worth the respect to make him personable in my mind, he is gingrich, not the speaker definitely not newt - to insulting to fig newtons

As for debating, I would like to see Marco Rubio or Ron Paul get on stage with Obama but no matter who it is, they will have a problem with a sitting president who has already started campaigning.