Important! New Ratings System

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dislike, Disagree and Not Helpful count as a Neutral Rating. The Off Topic is a Negative Rating. All others are Positive. If people think "Dislike" should be a Positive Rating instead (because it gets used mainly for things like dislike a post about someone blowing a transmission or getting caught in the snow), let me know.

I think "Dislike" should be a positive just because of what you mentioned.

Reactions: Moot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think "Dislike" should be a positive just because of what you mentioned.
That was my initial gut instinct, and I've been back and forth with it. Disagree and Not Helpful, fine, those aren't going to be used in a reaction to a blow engine. But Dislike seems to be most often used as a form of empathy rather than actually disliking the post.

I'm keeping track of how it's being used, and it's most often being used in empathy thus far. I'll watch it and may change the rating on it to a Positive if that holds up.

Reactions: Moot and FlyingVan

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Where do I use or cash in my trophy points?
emoji2.png

You can trade them in at any Woolworth. :swinging:

Reactions: Ragman and Turtle

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Which makes your comments regarding features that aren't even available to you seem much less like comments made out of genuine interest or concern, and instead more like comments designed to be annoying, irritating and disruptive.

Was he successful?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We now have all of the icons up and active for the Post Ratings.

RatingsIcons.PNG
Like Dislike
Agree Disagree
Funny Winner Informative
Helpful Not Helpful
Optimistic Creative
Happy Sad Bummer
Zing! Friendly
Democrat Republican
Off-Topic

The Democrat donkey and the Republican elephant are only available in The Soapbox.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You may also notice a few threads in the Thread Listing where there is a rating off to the right of the listing.

Threads.PNG

If the OP gets a single rating of 5 or more (doesn't matter what the rating is), that rating will show up. It gives (or can give) an indication of the quality of the thread. In the event of a tie, the rating to the left on the Ratings List gets shown.

Also, if you get multiple ratings for a given post, you will get only one unread Alert for that post. If you read the Alert, and get another rating later, you will get another Alert. But if 2 or more people rate a post, and you haven't read any of the Alerts, you'll just get the one Alert. That makes it a little easier to go through the Alerts now.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I like the brown ice cream one being besides the bog roll lol. Why is biohazard one or I guess what does it mean?

Edit:nevermind looked two posts up in an idiot look past me lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I suppose I should repeat this for the benefit of Moot and maybe others.

If someone posts something that's clearly off-topic and intended to derail a thread (and it's not near the end of a thread that's already run its course), don't be afraid to let 'em know with an Off Topic rating. By the same token, it really needs to be off topic and not something that's a result of the normal flow of the conversation. Anyone abusing the Off Topic rating, just like anything else, will lose the privilege to rate posts.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, historically when people have asked for the Dislike button, it wasn't to slam someone over what they said, it was most often to respond in empathy to someone who had just blown an engine, lost a transmission or got snowbound or something else that isn't good. So the "Dislike" button can be used to express empathy, or to simply dislike what someone says.
Wouldn't "Bummer" button, like express empathy, man.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think a "confused" button would be helpful. I sometimes read a post and am totally lost as to what the OP is stating. Usually it's something I posted but sometimes it is a post from another member.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think a "confused" button would be helpful. I sometimes read a post and am totally lost as to what the OP is stating. Usually it's something I posted but sometimes it is a post from another member.
Even though you gave me an undeserved Off-Topic rating for an on-topic post, I have added a "Confused" rating for your pleasure and enjoyment.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you for the "confused" button. Is it a pigeon or a finger puppet? I apologize for the off topic rating. I thought I was back in grade school and we were under a nuclear attack. I got the canned goods, water and tang. We might need them. Go to the shelter. Ooops, I'm confused, again!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here are a few icons for a "confused" button. I don't know if these can shrink down to the required size and still be legible. These would be appropriate for members that don't have access to an IRT decoder ring.
.confuaed 6.jpg confused 5.jpg confused 7.png

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is the letter 'C', for confused, on a highway about to get run over.
confused 3.png