Important! New Ratings System

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We're working on implementing a new ratings system to replace and greatly enhance the "likes" we've all come to know and love. The system is, at its core, a user rating system where users are rated based on their posts. The options are Positive, Negative, and Neutral. All of them here will probably be Positive, same as a regular "like." There are may forums where user ratings, good and bad, are beneficial, but I don't know that we're one of them. And I don't want people ganging up and mass slamming someone with Negative ratings, or some adolescent going back and giving a Negative rating to every one of a member's post because they got their feelings hurt. If we do a Negative one at all, it will probably be for something like "off-topic."

Currently the ability to "like" a post (give it a rating) is disabled (for everyone but Mods and Admins). But that will change very shortly (within an hour or two at most). I need to do some configuring first. Because the default ratings options (which can be seen on your Profile page, BTW) will change, I don't want any of the ones that will change to be given out on a post, which will mess things up after they're changed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But, it doesn't say who did it.
:confused2:
It will when it goes live for everyone. Sort of. Next to the ratings there is a little "List" link that pops up a box that shows who all rated the post. It will show who rated it, and what rating they gave.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I still can't like a post...
What was wrong with the other way....? It was so simple
Because like fast man said tech guys always gotta do something to show their job is real. Also progress always wins, it might take it a while but it always wins. But I don't really see a need or reason to change the front end of the forums. Why not add the features from the browser to the app before going and updating things no one asked for? Apparently EO runs like the road department

Reactions: schwanman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I still can't like a post.
You should be able to now.

What was wrong with the other way....? It was so simple
We have had a multitude of people, in both private and in public, request a Dislike button, and an Agree and Disagree button, among others. Basically, they want more options to express themselves beyond that of a simple "like." This allows them to do that.

All of the ratings (the Positive ones, which all of them are) register in your like counts in the Likes Received under your avatar on posts, and on Member Card and other places, but each type of rating will be separated out on your Profile Page.

Some of the current icons will change, as will the ratings categories.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
You should be able to now.

We have had a multitude of people, in both private and in public, request a Dislike button, and an Agree and Disagree button, among others. Basically, they want more options to express themselves beyond that of a simple "like." This allows them to do that.

All of the ratings (the Positive ones, which all of them are) register in your like counts in the Likes Received under your avatar on posts, and on Member Card and other places, but each type of rating will be separated out on your Profile Page.

Some of the current icons will change, as will the ratings categories.
Proof or it didn't happen

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Proof or it didn't happen
I don't really have to prove anything, but, for example. from...

tknight - November to remember and chit chat

jelliott - October in Load 1 Nation

paulnstef39 - http://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/gays-can-now-marry.66367/page-2#post-740926

OntarioVanMan (dripping with irony) - May Banter, Locations and ????

EnglishLady - October places, things, thoughts and wishes and some other stuff.

Scottm4211 - May Banter, Locations and ????

Ftransit - http://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/home-of-the-whopper.67567/#post-764746

Proof will not be given for those who have mentioned it privately.