Need legal advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Ok after 4 months of working for a crazy fleet owner I have decided to call it quits. This guy is a Russian guy with no problem of holding you hostage until you admit you stole from him. He forced me to say I stole from him today while giving me a ride to greyhound which I wouldn't admit because I didn't steal anything from him. Then he said my son was going to grow up fatherless (assuming possible death threat) if I didn't admit it. So now that I'm off the truck and done with him he threatened my wife and child. What legally can I do if I only know his first name?

I called it quits after he started forcing me to run 2 log books and not sleep. I have the logs and text messages to prove this in my possession.

Anyway I'm on a bus headed to a real company where they treat you like a person.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Do you really think he'd travel to Missouri ?
I'd hope after he steals your last check he'll move on and forget you.
I'd be inclined to move on and stay off his radar.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Been thru that. Police say they can't do anything until someone shows up to my door with a baseball bat. If he calls you, either record it, or let it go to voicemail, so anything he says is recorded.

My suggestion... invest in a good security system, including a nasty looking dog and a pea-shooter or two.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Well he came to the us from Russia to run drivers outlaw and since my driveway is 5 hours from his I don't doubt it.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
report him to state dot or fed dot they will take care of it from there
also if the truck is leaking any kind fluids report it to epa state or fed

i once work for a person that wouldn't fix his equipment had 63 major items wrong with the dump truck my dad did a dot insp on it
gave list to him and he said there was nothing wrong with the truck
so i quit right than and there
next day saw truck in front of a bar and called game warren he took truck and fine them
for epa items

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm curious as to how you can run for a fleet owner which you don't know their first and last name.

I'm also curious as to how he forced you to run two logbooks.

I'm also curious as to why you would keep those logbooks as evidence against yourself of illegal actions, unless you can absolutely prove blackmail as the method of force used to get you to run two logbooks.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
He's not going to do anything. More than likely he is trying to scare you into not taking him to small claims court for your final paycheck. If he was going to kill ya he probably wouldn't have given ya a ride to the bus stop.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Ok after 4 months of working for a crazy fleet owner I have decided to call it quits. This guy is a Russian guy with no problem of holding you hostage until you admit you stole from him. He forced me to say I stole from him today while giving me a ride to greyhound which I wouldn't admit because I didn't steal anything from him. Then he said my son was going to grow up fatherless (assuming possible death threat) if I didn't admit it. So now that I'm off the truck and done with him he threatened my wife and child. What legally can I do if I only know his first name?

I called it quits after he started forcing me to run 2 log books and not sleep. I have the logs and text messages to prove this in my possession.

Anyway I'm on a bus headed to a real company where they treat you like a person.

I'm a bit confused how you managed to work for a 'crazy Russian guy' for four months and not even know his last name!?!

Now, how much have you researched this new "real company"? Hopefully a little more than the crazy Russian...

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Turtle I was supposed to be working for nick (last name withheld) but got talked in to helping this guy get his truck out of the red.

As for 2 log books they told me if I didn't they would not pay me and report stolen equipment.

I kept the logs because it is concrete proof of what the drivers are forced to do.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I'm a bit confused how you managed to work for a 'crazy Russian guy' for four months and not even know his last name!?!

Now, how much have you researched this new "real company"? Hopefully a little more than the crazy Russian...

I was never told his last name. My contract was with nick z, not Andrew ??.

The new company is ozark motor lines from Memphis tn. No need to research them as my dad drove for them for 10 years and they have around since 1933 I believe.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I kept the logs because it is concrete proof of what the drivers are forced to do.
The only thing the logs are concrete proof of is what you did. They don't prove a thing insofar as why you did it. Something to keep in mind.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The only thing the logs are concrete proof of is what you did. They don't prove a thing insofar as why you did it. Something to keep in mind.

Well ill just burn those then but I still have the text messages.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
I was never told his last name. My contract was with nick z, not Andrew ??. /QUOTE]

I suspect "nick z" had little to no respect for you in the first place for asking you to put yourself in such a position.

Either that or it's possible you are addicted to chaos. Some need it so badly they seek it if they aren't already immersed in it.

I think I would have walked to the Greyhound station before I would have given him the satisfaction of giving me a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.