Mayfield Express LLC starts Lease to own program

Status
Not open for further replies.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The only money we would make is if they have their trucks serviced or worked on in our shop. If you think $50.00 a hr is a lot go to Freightliner to get repairs done.

I just had the truck worked on at Stoops in Indy, it was $97/hr for trucks and $102/hr for Sprinters. The Freightliner near my house is $85/hr which is about the lowest I have seen at a Freightliner. Do you work on anyone's trucks or just your's?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Lease to own>>>>>>>>>>>>> run Forrest run. My sources back at the ranch say not to do that, but I am not an account, nor an investment counselor. Anyone got any input on this before
16000 thousand of you scramble to the bank..............

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Lease to own>>>>>>>>>>>>> run Forrest run. My sources back at the ranch say not to do that, but I am not an account, nor an investment counselor. Anyone got any input on this before
16000 thousand of you scramble to the bank..............

Yea, I do. It's a lease that has a maintenance program that you build up over the term of the lease and if you don't use it, you get 100% of it back. The maintenance program is used for major repairs such as transmissions and engines repairs. You can do some of the other programs that are 800.00 to 900.00 a week or do this program which is less than half of the other ones. I don't know about you, but $400.00 a week is a fair price. The terms may start 104 weekly payments with a max of 208 weekly payments, it all depends on the truck.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
careful there, you are making a drive by post. cant join and start out by putting someone down in your first post.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Well, Mr, or Mrs, Goldilocks .... that is good practice, NO MATTER WHO, you are doing business with.

I certainly would not be involved in this program, but then I don't need to be. My credit history, and work experience says I do not need too.

Others may be trying to get where I am.

goldilocks

Active Expediter
That is good advice dynamite 1 , if there are rules about this posting thing i guess i should read them before i get canned. But and everyone should know everything i have to say about dave mayfield is true. I do understand the slander laws , and i just want to make every one out there aware of what a nightmare we had working for mayfield express. We are not a weak team , previous and present employers are very happy with our production. Bruno had no complaints either until we quit because he consistently shorted our checks! If there is a better venue i should use to warn fellow drivers about this con artist please tell me where to post. Thanx!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Haven't heard anything about the program. How many have joined ?
Any multiple truck participants ?
Any feedback from people in the program ?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
That is good advice dynamite 1 , if there are rules about this posting thing i guess i should read them before i get canned. But and everyone should know everything i have to say about dave mayfield is true. I do understand the slander laws , and i just want to make every one out there aware of what a nightmare we had working for mayfield express. We are not a weak team , previous and present employers are very happy with our production. Bruno had no complaints either until we quit because he consistently shorted our checks! If there is a better venue i should use to warn fellow drivers about this con artist please tell me where to post. Thanx!

I drove for dave for umm about a year i guess. I felt I was paid well and if there was a problem with pay it wasn't intentional and was fixed. Sure me and dave had our arguments and didn't agree but we are both hard headed guys who alot of times had disagreements. Do I think dave is a bad guy? No, I still consider him a friend and chat with him from time to time. I know dave has alot going on but I believe there is more to the story such as you guys screwed up somewhere.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I worked for him from August 2011 to August 2012. I left to take a job that didn't work out. I am now running flatbed for a small company or I would have gone back. I don't think you were treated any different as far as pay goes. We were paid on time every time. Another thing is Dave doesn't do payroll. Yes I had the equipment rental and I counted it off on my taxes so yes that is what you should do. I also paid like you for the occupational insurance. I have since met some of Dave's other drivers on the road and they seem to be happy (in particular one who is driving my old truck). Take it for what it is worth but you f'ed up somewhere and going to work there wasn't the issue.

mike6784

Active Expediter
What happened to this thread????? Looks like one ******* stepped in and ran his pie hole . Maybe he should settle his problem with mayfields owner or created his own post???? Like big cat said that driver isn't giving the whole story!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
were there any reasons for them to hold your last settlements ? money owed, equipment damage, anything of the sort that would cause a delay ?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
were there any reasons for them to hold your last settlements ? money owed, equipment damage, anything of the sort that would cause a delay ?

Have a funny feeling there is probably more to this story. There always is. Seen Dave at the expo and it didn't seem like his drivers had a problem then.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I worked for him from August 2011 to August 2012. I left to take a job that didn't work out. I am now running flatbed for a small company or I would have gone back. I don't think you were treated any different as far as pay goes. We were paid on time every time. Another thing is Dave doesn't do payroll. Yes I had the equipment rental and I counted it off on my taxes so yes that is what you should do. I also paid like you for the occupational insurance. I have since met some of Dave's other drivers on the road and they seem to be happy (in particular one who is driving my old truck). Take it for what it is worth but you f'ed up somewhere and going to work there wasn't the issue.

Now I'm not saying you're right or wrong, or that Goldilocks is right or wrong. But I do know this industry somewhat. When you say Dave's other drivers seem to be happy, do you know if they go over their statements with a fine-toothed comb? Or are they like the majority of truckers who go "Yuck yuck! Uh huh, uh huh, I gots paid!", and think nothing else of the matter?

Now, I don't know how good Goldi's math is, but I'm guessing something stinks. Just because we're all "friends" with Dave, doesn't mean diddly in this industry. How many times have you said, out loud or to yourself, "I never knew him to be like that."?

Now, if Goldi can come up with specifics, maybe we can get to the bottom of this. If Dave would care to come on and explain why his drivers didn't get a pay sheet for 3 weeks (unless he did indeed give them one), maybe we can understand.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Tennesseeahawk myself and 2 other codrivers of mine were pretty thorough at examining the statement when we got them in email. There is more to it than what goldi is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.