Mayfield Express LLC starts Lease to own program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Mayfield Express LLC starts lease to own program drivers. Mayfield Express LLC has a private company that will do a lease to own with drivers that have six months in expediting with a major expediting carrier. The trucks are 2006 and newer and the lease is set up on a maxium four year lease to own program. The payments start as low as $400.00 per week and depends on the used truck. For more information please contact Mayfield Express LLC. A down payment is needed for this program.

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
So the 06 starts at $400 per week with a 4 year lease? If so that is $83,200 for an 06 or is the lease shorter on the older ones?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
So the 06 starts at $400 per week with a 4 year lease? If so that is $83,200 for an 06.

I'm giving you a rough quote Jake. Go buy a $80.000.00 truck with 18 to 21 percent interest. You will pay $750.00 to $900.00 more a month or $36,000.00 to $43,200.00 more over the term of the loan.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I'm giving you a rough quote Jake. Go buy a $80.000.00 truck with 18 to 21 percent interest. You will pay $750.00 to $900.00 more a month or $36,000.00 to $43,200.00 more over the term of the loan.

No I understand I was just asking if my calculations were right. Are they class 7 or class 8?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
so what is the actual selling price for these trucks before any interest is figured into the 400.00 per week payment ? what kind of mileage do they have on them ? what are the general specs ? how much of a down payment is required ?

just curious ! thanks.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Mayfield Express LLC starts Lease to own with Panther drivers.

Quote people 25-30 percent interest and you can save them more money.

What's the source/ history of these trucks ?

What's the advantage of going through Mayfield vs a traditional leasing company ?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Quote people 25-30 percent interest and you can save them more money.

What's the source/ history of these trucks ?

What's the advantage of going through Mayfield vs a traditional leasing company ?

Your not PAYING $900.00 a week that some of the other programs charge. The plan is to Get the trucks from Bobbie Snyder of Fyda Freightliner in Columbus, Ohio. All the trucks will be class 8 trucks.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
so what is the actual selling price for these trucks before any interest is figured into the 400.00 per week payment ? what kind of mileage do they have on them ? what are the general specs ? how much of a down payment is required ?

just curious ! thanks.

Tom

It all depends on the truck. We hope to have low mileage trucks that has around 400,000 or less. Class 8 trucks only with a dry box. The down payment would be around $3500.00 to $5000.00 as it depends on the truck.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
With $3500 down and $400 a week for 4 years the total payments would equal $86700.
There is a nice 2007 Freightliner on the EO classifieds listed for $37000. Put $3500 down and finance the rest at 21% for 4 years equals a total cost of $53312.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

And in JJ's example the O/O would get the depreciation.
This is why Dave Ramsey says a lease is THE WORST way to obtain a vehicle.
If you have to pay 21% interest you are not ready to be an owner.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Expediter Services has a new revolutionary lease program that is being announced on the News Story section of EO's homepage today.
It'll be interesting to hear from someone that compares the two options.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Not the same thing zorry. ES offers a few finance options for new and experienced drivers and owner ops. Their program isn't a lease though as it goes through bank loans. They do assist with down payments as well for qualified people.

So essentially it is completely different.

Dave's program is good for guys that want to try the o/o deal. Is this a walkaway like most if you can't handle it Dave?

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Dave probably went golfing with First Hand. Back next month.

FirstHand

Active Expediter
Dave probably went golfing with First Hand. Back next month.

Fishing again zorry? Why bring me up in a thread I have nothing to do with? Oh yeah thats right, boosting that useless post count of yours. Thats a great way to encourage new members to post, typical clique mentality here. Do you have any usefull input for this site or just poking, jabbing and piling on.

Oh FWIW your going to need better bait when fishing. I havn't golfed in years. ;)

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Just seeing if you're paying attention.
Yes I poke and jab alittle. I occaisionally add something useful.
Could care less about my count.
I went fishing because some guys post but disappear if asked questions.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

There was no intention to poke or jab in this thread ( or the T2000 thread either.)
I like to play devil's advocate.
Nothing against Bruno. I don't even know the guy.
Common sense is if Bobbie Snyder is gonna make some money,AND Mayfield is gonna make some money,I'm curious how it's gonna end up a good deal for the end user.
There may be some interesting stuff here. We just haven't seen it.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
With $3500 down and $400 a week for 4 years the total payments would equal $86700.
There is a nice 2007 Freightliner on the EO classifieds listed for $37000. Put $3500 down and finance the rest at 21% for 4 years equals a total cost of $53312.

That truck is also a M2 business which is a class 7 truck. We are talking about class 8 trucks that are ten wheelers. A bigger and better built truck. No class 7 trucks.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Re: Mayfield Express LLC starts Lease to own with Panther drivers.

There was no intention to poke or jab in this thread ( or the T2000 thread either.)
I like to play devil's advocate.
Nothing against Bruno. I don't even know the guy.
Common sense is if Bobbie Snyder is gonna make some money,AND Mayfield is gonna make some money,I'm curious how it's gonna end up a good deal for the end user.
There may be some interesting stuff here. We just haven't seen it.

The only money we would make is if they have their trucks serviced or worked on in our shop. If you think $50.00 a hr is a lot go to Freightliner to get repairs done.

Status
Not open for further replies.