May locations with banter

guido4475

Not a Member
Sitting in Carlisle,PA at the Petro....been here for over 34 hrs and no offers...hopefully disp will get me out of here soon....so bored..

I'm right there with ya buddy! Will be approaching 48 hours in a little bit, with no load offers...of course, this is Nebraska..May have to move even further eastward, is my guess...Never had any luck out of here, but it is hard to say no to a big run, especially when it completes a week nicely.:D

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Okay - At the best Tex-Mex in the Mid-West, Garcia's in Columbus, IN!!

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmmm...ok "Larry The Bat" are you just stopping into "grace" us with your "location" (which is always wellcome. especially when it is about a good place to eat) or more of a "new addition" to the Load 1 ranks!?!? :)

I vaguely remember a rumor a few months back....;)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Just landed at the TA in Lerado, TX. Delivery in the morning then hopefully a new load.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
In the drivers lounge.

On that note I am going to make a personal post on something that is bothering me quite a bit right now.

If you are here, please do not come in the lounge and think that it is your bed in your truck. If you want to sleep do it there, not in here snoring, and gasping for breath, while others are trying to watch tv. Please do not eat, and leave food all over the pace, especially on the carpet. There are two vacuums in here, please don't be afraid to use one.

You are going to ruin it for all of the rest of us who actually enjoy relaxing while we are here.

I am sorry if this is out of line, but really, if you were here you would understand.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the drivers lounge.

On that note I am going to make a personal post on something that is bothering me quite a bit right now.

If you are here, please do not come in the lounge and think that it is your bed in your truck. If you want to sleep do it there, not in here snoring, and gasping for breath, while others are trying to watch tv. Please do not eat, and leave food all over the pace, especially on the carpet. There are two vacuums in here, please don't be afraid to use one.

You are going to ruin it for all of the rest of us who actually enjoy relaxing while we are here.

I am sorry if this is out of line, but really, if you were here you would understand.

Jenny, You not not out of line this slob is..next time he starts snoring you need to leave a post it note on his fore head and tell him this is his 1st and last warning....sign it Nick...he is a good size man....

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Out of Carlisle,PA Heading to Orlando,FL...Thanks Joe......If I get stuck down here for the Holiday I hope PETA leaves me alone this time..last time I was on the beach down here
they tried to roll me back in the water.....LOL...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Waiting for the gate to open at our delivery point in Laredo. Was supposed to be here at 9am we ere 10 min. late. These places are hard for our gps to find. Did better this than last place we delivered to.

Got a call from dispatch, right after I sent a message on qualcom that we arrived, the message didn't have time to transmit yet, I don't believe, guess the customer wanted to know where we were. We are in line behind about 7 other trucks waiting to get in their gate. They don't open till 9am Texas time. So here we sit and wait.

Hopefully we get a load out of here quick. It is supposed to be 100 degrees today. But that is a dry heat, lol. Hot is hot in my book.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Gates opened promptly at 10am et. While unloading got a call from dispatch, with a load offer. So Caren is working on a load for us to take to Huntsville, Alabama. We will see soon if we get it or not. Heading to the flying J to fuel up so we are reay to roll when we get the call.

guido4475

Not a Member
In the drivers lounge.

Jenny, you are not out of line, but in line with this.What gets me is people that dont have the courtesy to wipe up after themselves.After get done eating, take a paper towel, and wipe the table clean of the slop they leave behind.It is only common sense and respect for the room and other to do this.

As far as the sleeping is concerned, I can understand a cat nap, falling asleep while watching a movie, we all do that from time to time.But, to make the lounge into a personal bedroom, this I dont appreciatte.There is a van driver who actually brought his blankie and pillow up to the drivers lounge, and you know who I am talking about.I wont be so subtle next time he does this.

Drivers, keep it clean and free of crumbs, trash, etc, and have the upmost respect for the room and for John, who spend his money to do this for us.No excuses.

And while were at it, the same goes for the parking lot also.I cant believe the amount of trash in the perimiter of the lot, when there are trach cans everywhere.Dont let me catch a driver littering there, either.

Sorry to sound like such a prick about this, but this(Load One yard) is our home as well, and should be treated as such.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree. I love spending time at "The Yard". Whether it's making use of the shower and washing machines or on a beautiful day like yesterday backing up to the creek and opening up the back doors for a fresh breeze is great. But there are slobs among us. And I also won't hesitate to call them out on it.

Having said that I hope business picks up to the point that I'm hardly ever there :p

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Jenny, you are not out of line, but in line with this.What gets me is people that dont have the courtesy to wipe up after themselves.After get done eating, take a paper towel, and wipe the table clean of the slop they leave behind.It is only common sense and respect for the room and other to do this.

As far as the sleeping is concerned, I can understand a cat nap, falling asleep while watching a movie, we all do that from time to time.But, to make the lounge into a personal bedroom, this I dont appreciatte.There is a van driver who actually brought his blankie and pillow up to the drivers lounge, and you know who I am talking about.I wont be so subtle next time he does this.

Drivers, keep it clean and free of crumbs, trash, etc, and have the upmost respect for the room and for John, who spend his money to do this for us.No excuses.

And while were at it, the same goes for the parking lot also.I cant believe the amount of trash in the perimiter of the lot, when there are trach cans everywhere.Dont let me catch a driver littering there, either.

Sorry to sound like such a prick about this, but this(Load One yard) is our home as well, and should be treated as such.
I completely agree. I mean I have dozed off while nick was watching tv, but not intentionally came up there to go to sleep. And if I wake up and know I am going to fall back asleep I go out to my bed.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Got a new load. Picking up in Laredo, TX delivering in Wadsworth, OH Friday afternoon. We will be able to go home for the weekend and have some fun with our family and friends. Can't wait.

guido4475

Not a Member
Got a new load. Picking up in Laredo, TX delivering in Wadsworth, OH Friday afternoon. We will be able to go home for the weekend and have some fun with our family and friends. Can't wait.

Now that is so awesome!!!! the kind of runs I need, after I get a set of new tires on..And I bet there were a crapload of competition straights down there on top of that! Goes to show us that dispatch rocks and kicks some major *** !!!

So glad for you, it all works out in the end...keep it between the lines, brother rubber!!:D:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Yes, dispatch does rock! Many Panther, and Express 1, and a few Tri-State straights parked near us waiting to get out of Laredo. Thanks dispatch, Christy, your the best!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Great rants Jenny, Mr. Snappy and Guido!! You are both right on!! While I live close enough to run home and don't spend much time in the lounge or yard, the fact is John went over the top to make sure he provided a great place for the complete staff of Load 1 to relax and that needs to be respected...Any of that have "teenage kids" at home can go home to what has been described and day of the week, be we don't expect it from ADULTS, in a Common area provided by a man and a compnay that just wants to provide his people with the conveniences that will make their lives comfortable while away from home...

Thanks John , and I have no problem with reminding anyone that they need to keep in mind where they are and that the lounge is a Common area for all to use, not just for their personal use...be aware of others and keep the place clean...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you guys just maybe preaching to the choir...there are a lot of drivers that don't come on here...like 98% of them...:eek:

Ya might get to more on Facebook page..?

I can't see our group doing this....

Guido....3 sheets of drywall up....:p

3 to go....darn cutouts are so time consuming....besides my union rep. wants me to take lotsa breaks or he'll breaka my arm...:D