May locations with banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Scott wrote:

Don't ask me to help. I can't think of anything I enjoy doing any less that that. :2thumbsdown:

Wolfie wrote:

Me neither. I have a medical condition.:D

RoadKing06 wrote:

Dennis when your done you should have time to run to Delta and cut my 1.8 acres and clean up all the fallen branches. Don't forget to use the lawn sweeper when you are on the riding mower. Don't worry about watering the plants they have had enough water lately. LOL

Nope Scott I am right there with you...my idea of "trimming" is running the lawnmower as far up the side of the tree as I can to get the grass that grows around it....Then there is Steve's medical condition, I usually get the front yard done and i feel like my lungs are full of concrete...my sinuses just can't deal with it..but at least the front yard looks good...the back, well...

Now for the 1.8 acres....no...:D

Oh Wixom Mich to Al...sunday morning pu..at least at turns a not so good week into a not bad week...and then hopefully dispatch can work its magic....

Last edited:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Oh well, can't blame a person for trying Dennis, lol.

At the Pilot in La Place, LA. Probably won't get a run till Monday in Louisana, according to dispatch, but maybe from Mississpi. So enjoy the weekend was advised. Well we spent quite awhile trying to find some place we could go and park a straight truck and tour. We really wanted to tour here but there is no place to park. Even looked into renting a car, but can't return it unless they are open so we would have to go out of service. Don't want to go out of service, even though don't believe anything will happen. So stuck in the truck again! I hate this part of the business.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh well, can't blame a person for trying Dennis, lol.

At the Pilot in La Place, LA. Probably won't get a run till Monday in Louisana, according to dispatch, but maybe from Mississpi. So enjoy the weekend was advised. Well we spent quite awhile trying to find some place we could go and park a straight truck and tour. We really wanted to tour here but there is no place to park. Even looked into renting a car, but can't return it unless they are open so we would have to go out of service. Don't want to go out of service, even though don't believe anything will happen. So stuck in the truck again! I hate this part of the business.

This may help.

500 North Claiborne Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 586-3000

French Quarter RV Resort - Location

Nice place. Been there in a RV but did see a Landstar truck in there last year. Reasonable price for location and two blocks from the quarter.
Sorry for the Load one intrusion.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey no problem with the intrudion at all..that is very good info!! Even though I am in a van, i don't stop in NO because f not having any info on where to stay...Thanks for the recommendation!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Plaster and lathing off the other half of kitchen....Power people coming on Monday to put in new receptacles....off to town next week to pick out new flooring....been raining for 3 days....and still more to come....tired of hearing.." we need the moisture":rolleyes: *LOL*

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Thanks Dave, we gave up before getting your post though.

I posted that I was in New Orleans on my Facebook page. I knew my cousin lived in Mississippi, but didn't know where. At any rate turns out, he lives in Ocean Springs, about an hour from New Orleans. So we are headed to the Pilot in Gulfport, Miss. Hopefuly we will be able to meet up wth him tonight.
Everything always has a way of working out.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really wish the US and Canada would agree to the same holiday schedule. These long weekends are killing me :mad:
I did have a guy in Florida once ask me when we celebrated New Years :eek:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Lol, Scott
At the J in Gulfport, Mississippi, played some Yatzee out in the breeze this evening enjoyed a beverage. The pizza was very doughing in the middle, so can't say we enjoyed that all.

guido4475

Not a Member
Just popped on the computer to check the weather and the bank account, supposed to have bad weather in front of me..Got a run from Ga to Nebraska, too close to OVM..lol..I am hoping to see if the dispatch team can load me out of there, or am I going to deadhead eastward??This turned out to be a great week,considering..It came just in time,to pay this month's bills.., so it all worked out in the end, and it will feel awesome to have a paycheck, the first in quite awile..Joe did good in getting this load, awesome guy!Surprised me, and my freind I was with, since he works for one of those cheap freight co's...The power of Load One prevails once again, I told him as I left.....lol....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well the time at home (since thrusday late afternoon) is over...time to get out of Toledo and head for Wixom mich and then onto ALA...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the time at home (since thrusday late afternoon) is over...time to get out of Toledo and head for Wixom mich and then onto ALA...:D

Chef..they are NOT open at 5:30am! everytime someone gets that load the target time is 5;30... But I think you know that...LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just popped on the computer to check the weather and the bank account, supposed to have bad weather in front of me..Got a run from Ga to Nebraska, too close to OVM..lol..I am hoping to see if the dispatch team can load me out of there, or am I going to deadhead eastward??This turned out to be a great week,considering..It came just in time,to pay this month's bills.., so it all worked out in the end, and it will feel awesome to have a paycheck, the first in quite awile..Joe did good in getting this load, awesome guy!Surprised me, and my freind I was with, since he works for one of those cheap freight co's...The power of Load One prevails once again, I told him as I left.....lol....

Coming for a visit? We have some work for ya! always wanted to see how a beach ball balances on a ladder...*LOL*:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is your truck fixed? What was it?

Nope...appointment May 31st....I bought the turbo resonator online just in case....IF that is not the problem I'll have the new aluminum one put on just because.....replaces the old plastic one...

It still runs fine....just does not like hills! I found out one interesting factoid...

I can manually shift down and climb a steep hill without coming to a stop.

Last edited: