May 2010 locations

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
In the past 30 days,I've fixed my ac 3 times.They finally got it right,sitting here with my jacket on,Lancaster Pa.Not use to this sitting,although,did turn a a pre plan load down last night,and again same load this morning

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Mine is a simple fix, replace the low side hose on the compressor. It collapsed, not the first time I've seen it.

I get this fixed while on the road but I have to take it off to get a custom one made with some sort of special fitting because the sleeper manufacturer got this from mars or some other planet.

guido4475

Not a Member
Mine is a simple fix, replace the low side hose on the compressor. It collapsed, not the first time I've seen it.

I get this fixed while on the road but I have to take it off to get a custom one made with some sort of special fitting because the sleeper manufacturer got this from mars or some other planet.

You have a Bentz sleeper, right? I know that Napa stocks alot of fittings that their heat/ac supplier used.

Mine is blowing 35 while idling, 28 going down the road.Keeping the radiator and condensor as well as the evaporator clean does wonders for the system.Very important for proper air flow.

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Well the J in KC just must be the spot. Sittin next to Chef, and I see that Amonger just showed up...........now just 2 more people and we can have a EO gang going on.....lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good chattin with ya Smacker, i got the generator goin the AC runnin and i am headin for the shower, talk with ya later...:D

Falligator

Expert Expediter
And I just spent 94$ on getting a new sticker for my liscense plate. Talk about Highway Robbery anyone think I have a case? LOL:rolleyes:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
My AC has been goofy for a few weeks as well. It blows cold when I'm moving but not when I'm sitting still, which makes sleeping somewhat difficult, or just sitting in the van while I'm looking for loads. I had to order the parts and they came in yesterday, but I need to get home to get it fixed. It's been in the 90s up here in New England the last couple days.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well nothing out of KC for the day that i have been here and am still #2, so its off to Pantoon beach.

Hey GSmacker and Amonger, it was good to meet you guys and chatting with you both...hope to seeya again out here on the road....:D

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well, I am in a loaner truck an International with 304,000 miles on it. It is rare that Penske keeps one that long, but I have to say it runs well and the AC blows cold so I am happy. May not be the prettiest truck but it works:D Looks like a true road warrior LOL

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Los Angles to Vegas. Vegas to Milan Michigan. 2500 miles in 4 days. Guess things are still slow outn there. Take care, gotta run!

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
It was really cool gettin to shoot the breeze with ya Chef, hopefully you've made it close to home under a load. Hopefully everyone on here will get to be home for Memorial Day weekend or under a great load of their choice. Drive safe and keep it between the giggle weeds.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Cheri, the sleeper insulation has paid off, it is cooler there than in the cab but being it will get to 95 today with no clouds anywhere, I will most likely get the reefer going and climb in the box to read a bit.

guido4475

Not a Member
My AC has been goofy for a few weeks as well. It blows cold when I'm moving but not when I'm sitting still, which makes sleeping somewhat difficult, or just sitting in the van while I'm looking for loads. I had to order the parts and they came in yesterday, but I need to get home to get it fixed. It's been in the 90s up here in New England the last couple days.

What really helps the problem of poor a/c when idling is to clean the condensor and evaporator as well as the radiator with a/c coil condensor cleaner found at most smaller hardware stores.I buy 4 cans, and spray everything after removing the radiator from the vehicle.Anmd rinse with a garden hose. You would be surprised at how much junk collects in the fins of the condensor and radiator over time. The same with the evaporater.My a/c blows at 34 idling and 28 going down the road.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Ontario Cal. 4 a late morning Del. in Hollywood ,then try to get back here B4 the big escape from LA , it is going to be a hell of a day tomorrow traffic wise.
then 3 nights of drunken drivers , mixed with lost travelers ,stuck RV's ,cops ,& destructed drivers ...
fun !