May 2010 locations

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got 2 dispatches...laredo to laredo, then to Seguin Tx to KC Mo....Seeya all later...KC BBQ for lunch tommorow...:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
At the "J" on I-10 in San Antonio for the night, then drop / PU in Seguin then head on to KC in the morning....:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So Chef, here is my mess.

I got a load, picking up less than 2 miles from me going to the great white north. Reefer load that is. I run up the unit, check everything out, perfectly sort of working. Call the agent, confirm it is a go. Take off to empty my holding tank (** which the place has no water for rinsing) and then come back here and wait for the magic beep.

It beeps, I go through the info and then notice my 8am pickup is now at 2 PM and the delivery is also pushed back. So I will ramp up the unit a hour before hand, make my pickup and hit the next major city during rush hour.

But that's not the real mess.

The real mess is sitting here surrounded by a bunch of chatty kathies from E-1 in their fancy vans and trucks. God what a nightmare.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Made delivery to Dayton this morning and DH to St Louis get my mail and take day or two off

moose

Veteran Expediter
Made delivery to Dayton this morning and DH to St Louis get my mail and take day or two off

Ya know ,there's a long weekend coming up for those ...

Slt Lk Cty Airport 4 a morning Del.
was hell frozen over crossing W.Y .
very strong winds ,icy rain for the most parts , snow at times , deep snow cross elk mountain , zero visibility...
don't even try to drive there 2night .

(i think my calender is off by a month or 2 or something...)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Sitting at penske. Overheated and shut down. Then my tranny lost final gear.

The truck overheated, but I am hot, AC FAN QUIT WORKING
Just picked it up from shop on Friday and it is doing everything I took it in for. I took it for a nice long 600 mile test drive today :eek:(

Last edited:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yes Moose I know holiday is coming up but needed to get my mail and take care of some business going back to work today or tomorrow and maybe get lucky get good run for the holiday weekend while everyone else is home

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Sitting in Lewiston, ME at the moment. Had a good dinner at Bob's Clam Hut on the way up last night. It's going to hit 90 up here today. I came north to find someplace cool, not this.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at penske. Overheated and shut down. Then my tranny lost final gear.

The truck overheated, but I am hot, AC FAN QUIT WORKING
Just picked it up from shop on Friday and it is doing everything I took it in for. I took it for a nice long 600 mile test drive today :eek:(
I feel ur pain. No ac in my van. Had a trip to steamy florida...93F. Now sittin inside the J in Winchester, Va...still no ac. I'm thinking about dh to Akron because I have been the same board position all day long. Freight is moving in Akron, but not out here near Baltimore. Ok ya'll about to do some Freight Fishing! Later

guido4475

Not a Member
I feel ur pain. No ac in my van. Had a trip to steamy florida...93F. Now sittin inside the J in Winchester, Va...still no ac. I'm thinking about dh to Akron because I have been the same board position all day long. Freight is moving in Akron, but not out here near Baltimore. Ok ya'll about to do some Freight Fishing! Later

Youre going to deadhead all the way to akron to get a load? You must sure love akron, that's for sure. lol. Ever think the money that you have spent bouncing around for loads could of paid for your a/c repair?I just unloaded north of Baltimore and am at the T/A in Jessup, pre-planned for a load tomarrow picking up 6 miles away going to the western u.p of mi.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Falligator,
Try being in a truck with no A/C. A van doesn't seem to have the problem of the heat soaking through the floor in the cab, or at least as much heat.

TONU for me, maybe get the same load tomorrow.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sitting at Whiteland, Indiana, exit 95 flying j as we speak, On the subject of cv not absorbing heat,,,Im running my window unit off my generator, these things pick up heat quick. I block off 1/2 the van with a curtain and run the 5000 btu unit and a fan to keep me somewhat comfy. 5000btu is to small, will be getting a standup unit soon , 8000 btu, but I will make do.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

What's worse is all the heat that comes up through the floor in my straight truck I am sure vans are just as pleasant. Might have been 87 outside but felt like over 100 inside:eek: The floor is hot enough to nearly burn your hand. I no longer set my lunchbox down there unless I need to cook something LOL

Last edited:

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Youre going to deadhead all the way to akron to get a load? You must sure love akron, that's for sure. lol. Ever think the money that you have spent bouncing around for loads could of paid for your a/c repair?I just unloaded north of Baltimore and am at the T/A in Jessup, pre-planned for a load tomarrow picking up 6 miles away going to the western u.p of mi.
A pre-plan?! what's that? LOL I also had to get back to Ohio to renew my registration on the van since my birthday is on Saturday. Gonna fix my ac while I am here. Might as well get two birds with one stone. :)

Yeah it's gotta be rough with that heat going through the floor. Well it's off to sleep eoland nite nite

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in KC, MO....2nd out within 100 miles...i guess i can live with that for a day, since i had to talk the people at the Consignee to unload me this AM instead of making me wait till the 8 am protect time.....:rolleyes:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well still hanging around St Louis, got 5 load offers yesterday out of St. Louis but they didnt work out somebody with a cheaper rate got the loads. Ok I have no A/C either so how many of us does that make with no a/c????

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well still hanging around St Louis, got 5 load offers yesterday out of St. Louis but they didnt work out somebody with a cheaper rate got the loads. Ok I have no A/C either so how many of us does that make with no a/c????
So far 3. But mine is getting fixed tomorrow.:D