March @ team Load One

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yes the QC was a bit confusing. To me it was saying two different things. Have to let the dust settles to see how it works out. I think everything is going to be alright.

We aren't changing anything other then not moving a truck down to the bottom of the list for turning down a load that has a really low rate. No other change. I am really missing how anyone could not be happy with this after I explained it.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We aren't changing anything other then not moving a truck down to the bottom of the list for turning down a load that has a really low rate. No other change. I am really missing how anyone could not be happy with this after I explained it.

:JC_ThankYou:

Reactions: SWTexas1

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
How do you get on to the Load One Facebook group? All I can find is what is on there for the general public.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Not unappreciative, but if the threshold rate is for loaded miles and not all miles a 100 mile DH would drop it to $.91, 50 mile to $1.00. FSC never covers all fuel cutting into the rate even farther. My drivers are instructed to determine the all miles rate and location of the drop to decide whether or not to accept the load.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think the 1.05 or 60 cent threshold is the hang up. The threshold at other nameless carriers is anything below a contracted rate. Referring of course to flat rate companies. So if hypothetically a flat rate of 1.30 or 1.20 and you are offered 1.10, then no refusal. On a percentage system, then one could use a industry average which is 1.25 or 1.20. A 1.05 for straights wouldn't be a reflective average of current carrier rates. Same method would be applicable to vans at their industry rate. Same school of thought when looking at total DH in a load by percentage. Say a 500 mile load came across at 1.30, but it has 3 to 500 dh in it, shouldn't be a refusal. At that point with a straight, you are trying to operate at a van rate. Just my thinking based on the responses so far.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning all,
Just my 2 cents worth, I read the QC message and didn't have any problem with it. Both Load 1 and us have a business to run. Both John and Mike have tried to help us out with a tool to run our business. With this new tool we now can turn down a load that pays below a rate ( .60 for vans and 1.05 for straights) without having our hours reset. Its just a tool to help run your business. We all have a rate that we can afford to run at. If the load doesn't work for you just a polite " no thanks" and move on.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Morning all,
Just my 2 cents worth, I read the QC message and didn't have any problem with it. Both Load 1 and us have a business to run. Both John and Mike have tried to help us out with a tool to run our business. With this new tool we now can turn down a load that pays below a rate ( .60 for vans and 1.05 for straights) without having our hours reset. Its just a tool to help run your business. We all have a rate that we can afford to run at. If the load doesn't work for you just a polite " no thanks" and move on.

I look at something like that as more of a penalty than a tool. Especially if a area is saturated with trucks.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Morning Steve!! I didn't have a problem either except it was initially confusing and if the rate is loaded miles or all miles. Like you, if a load doesn't work, it's turned down.

Reactions: SWTexas1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm ok with it John. No complaints on my end. As far as change goes I wasn't implying that or didn't see that change was comimg. Like me and other people have said, it was a bit confusing. I was driving up here yesterday and couldn't get on here to read what was being said.

Some people freak out and thought flat rate and all kind of things like even lower rates are coming ect. I told everyone that I talk to yesterday that I'm on the way to the yard and will find out. Right now the way things are its not going to take much to get people rattled.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
John, maybe I wouldn't count this as a long weekend getaway. Lol. Hope freight and rates pick up soon and you will have a nice getaway.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am really missing how anyone could not be happy with this after I explained it.
I completely missed it. I still don't know if the threshold for not having your hours reset is .60/1.05 and lower, or if it is actually .59/1.04 and lower. It at least seems clear enough that if I, in a Sprinter, turn down a load at 61 cents that my hours will definitely be reset. And it seems, apparently, that if I turn down a load at 59 cents my hours will not be reset.

What I don't know, however, is what happens if I turn down a load at 60 cents.

And I still don't know if that's for the loaded-miles or all-miles.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me or post the link to the Post # where these questions have been explicitly answered, I would be ever so grateful.

As for being happy or sad with the change, I'm utterly indifferent. I turn down very few loads, and those I do turn down I have a very good reason for doing so. Having my hours reset is not a factor in those decisions. Having my hours reset played perhaps as much as a .03% factor back when we got layover pay, but it's emotionally irrelevant at this point. I can recall one time turning down a load knowing full well that I was giving up layover pay. The important thing about that, however, is the fact that I knew precisely the consequences of my decision, because I knew precisely the rules of the game. All I wanna do with this threshold change is to know precisely what it is, so that I will know precisely the consequences of my decisions.

Not knowing makes me sad. Knowing makes me happy.

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I completely missed it. I still don't know if the threshold for not having your hours reset is .60/1.05 and lower, or if it is actually .59/1.04 and lower. It at least seems clear enough that if I, in a Sprinter, turn down a load at 61 cents that my hours will definitely be reset. And it seems, apparently, that if I turn down a load at 59 cents my hours will not be reset.

What I don't know, however, is what happens if I turn down a load at 60 cents.

And I still don't know if that's for the loaded-miles or all-miles.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me or post the link to the Post # where these questions have been explicitly answered, I would be ever so grateful.

As for being happy or sad with the change, I'm utterly indifferent. I turn down very few loads, and those I do turn down I have a very good reason for doing so. Having my hours reset is not a factor in those decisions. Having my hours reset played perhaps as much as a .03% factor back when we got layover pay, but it's emotionally irrelevant at this point. I can recall one time turning down a load knowing full well that I was giving up layover pay. The important thing about that, however, is the fact that I knew precisely the consequences of my decision, because I knew precisely the rules of the game. All I wanna do with this threshold change is to know precisely what it is, so that I will know precisely the consequences of my decisions.

Not knowing makes me sad. Knowing makes me happy.
Precisely.......thank you Turtle for your comments on this topic. As G.I. Joe says "knowing is half the battle!

On a different note can someone on FB using the load one group send me a friend request or invite please?

Rick Downey is my fb name.

:smiley_driving:

Drive safe......ya'll

Reactions: Turtle

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Anything @ 1.05 or @ .60 and up will reset your hours. Mileage limits are also still in place as far as layover goes but this does not pertain to sprinter types since you dont get layover !!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anything @ 1.05 or @ .60 and up will reset your hours.
Thank you. Is that loaded miles or all miles?

Mileage limits are also still in place !!!!
Mileage limits? What mileage limits? We have mileage limits now, too? Wait. What? The QC message about the threshold didn't mention mileage limits at all. Does this mean the hours reset threshold becomes null and void if the miles are above or below a certain limit? Or did you now just bring up something totally and completely different from the rate threshold?

SweetT

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Precisely.......thank you Turtle for your comments on this topic. As G.I. Joe says "knowing is half the battle!

On a different note can someone on FB using the load one group send me a friend request or invite please?

Rick Downey is my fb name.

:smiley_driving:

Drive safe......ya'll

I'd like to be added to the Facebook group also, please. Theresa l phillips is my Facebook account. Thanks in advance.