Major Milestone

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you'd be in support of MANDATORY safe sex classes being taught in schools.

This is off topic and not related to the "Eddie Eagle" program. I would be happy to respond if you start a thread on this. I don't want to get yelled at for getting off topic, thank you.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is off topic and not related to the "Eddie Eagle" program. I would be happy to respond if you start a thread on this. I don't want to get yelled at for getting off topic, thank you.
Then don't start a topic in the soapbox if you're not willing to discuss. You added the line about it being MANDATORY in schools. So it's not off topic at all.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't want to get yelled at. It is NOT that I don't wish to respond. I get in too much trouble in here of late, so I am taking extreme efforts to behave.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Stating "maybe it should be a MANDATORY class in schools" opens wide the door to discuss other things that might be made mandatory in school, at least in the context of how effective they may or may not be.

In any case, I'm in favor of safe sex.

adultgif13.gif

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then don't start a topic in the soapbox if you're not willing to discuss. You added the line about it being MANDATORY in schools. So it's not off topic at all.
It's off topic big time. The subject matter is Eddie Eagle gun safety classes and whether or not they should be offered. Should gun safety classes be mandatory - no. Optional - like driver's ed - why not? Maybe that's worth discussing in some parts of the country like TX, WY, TN, WV where gun ownership is a tradition, or maybe in other states where it's not but kids of high school age might want to become familiar with firearms and what the political fuss is all about.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't think it's off topic - just like sex ed, it doesn't matter what the students ought to learn, if their parents object, they won't be taught.
And driver's ed ought to be mandatory too - it's unbelievable how many drivers are incapable of executing a left hand turn!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The topic is whatever the OP says it is. In this case the subject of Eddie Eagle was used as a vehicle to promote mandatory gun safety classes in schools, supported by the copious amounts of educators in the linked article who support the program. That opens the door for discussion of mandatory classes in schools. The site is also open to discussing whether Eddie's messages is as much one of gun safety as it is gun avoidance.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
EddyEagle640Final_zps4aab11cd.png

Due to the resurgence of the eagle population in this country there are many able-bodied eagles without a job. We strongly urge all public schools to hire eagles for all of their security needs. A joint program by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services and the U.S. Department Of Homeland Security has trained eagles in the areas of gun handling, deviant behavior recognition, school security, eagle eye optical "pat-downs", first aid and rodent extermination.

Help the eagles. Help the children. Help the country. Hire eagles.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services and the U.S. Department Of Homeland Security recommends that eagles should not be employed as guards at daycare centers where infants are present. emlm

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And now we know why nothing of value ever gets done. It's more fun to make fun of people than to do anything of value.