Looking for some Bolt Express info

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
Im looking for some info from you Bolt Express drivers, can I bring my dog with me on the road with me using a Sprinter Van , (as another thread says he is my seeing eye dog:) ) ?? .Also Im looking at a add for Bolt and they advertise Sprinter vans average 1.05, is their any FSC included ? any info on this I would be greatfull....

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I'm leased to Bolt Express and I have two dogs that travel with me. I was not offered Canada Freight, I never asked but think it was because they feel it might add time to Boarder crossings.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
if you wnat to go to canada with dogs you have to have all their records with you showing their recent shots and the tags that accompany the ppwk. then just expct to get hassled bout the dogs both ways at the border.

just wondering....do the dogs need a fast card???:D

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
if you wnat to go to canada with dogs you have to have all their records with you showing their recent shots and the tags that accompany the ppwk. then just expct to get hassled bout the dogs both ways at the border.

just wondering....do the dogs need a fast card???:D

Ok thanks for that info on this, I will gather all his stuff and bring along with me.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
ya know it would just be easier to ask anne m about the dog. she is a recruiter if you have not talked to her.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can't believe no one asked Danthewolf why he wants to know how big the dog is - is there a size limit? :D

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
ya know it would just be easier to ask anne m about the dog. she is a recruiter if you have not talked to her.

anne is out until next tuesday. call mark h in recruiting or brian or if you can get him scott, both in driver relations.

o man now i have to think about this as well.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Yeah size matters as a miniature poodle takes up the space of a big hat and a full grown Newfoundland takes the space of a skid. Although I pity the thief in the truck with the newfie.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If the OP had asked what an average dog food bill runs to, then size would make a difference - but the question was whether dogs are permitted or prohibited by Bolt, so the size of the dog has no bearing, correct? Cause I've never heard of any policy that made a distinction as to the size of the pet - it's either ok to have one, or it's not.
PS What does it cost to feed a Newfie for a week, anyway? Anyone know? :D

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Amazing how a thread goes awry. But re the newfie and costs to feed somewhere around $100 or so per week. I used to work for a pool company and the one they had was massive. Near 300lbs and they used to put a saddle on it for the younger kids to ride (not kidding). The dog could run even at that weight. It used to eat 2 of the large bags of dog food plus per week.
Rob