little house on the prarie

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I check my email, catch up on the forums, watch some tv shows and/or movies and sleep. :D

Last Sunday when we were in Monroe, OH we went to Traders World flea market where the same stuff is sold over and over through different vendors. lol. It's a huge, indoor flea market and they also have an outside area that is like a huge garage sale. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without but it was nice to just be out of the truck and walk around for 3 hours. :D

there is another flea market in Ohio but on interstate 71 called Ceasers Creek , I think that it's better than Traders World

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Before I got into expediting I could easily download between 100-150 gigs a month. Expediting put a serious clamp on that. I have the Verizon Aircard, and the second month that I had it, back in October, I got burned by going over an extra gig. At 50 cents a MB, it's just cheaper to get a second card and be done with it. I still have the Flying J account, 15 gigs a month, so I surf and turf with Verizon, then download the TV shows and other assorted stuff via the J.

Half hour show is 175 MB, and an hour show is anywhere from 450 MB to 550 MB, and that's if you keep it to VCD quality DivX files instead of DVD quality downloads. I download 6 TV shows ever week, plus a movie every now and then, plus other stuff. The TV shows alone are about 1.8 gigs a week, which is 7.2 gigs a month.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
FoxTV has their own player and its abit quicker on a slow connection....

Hula is good....

House-Bones and Lie to Me are all on Fox....why go thru another site when you can do the original....

NCIS is CBS I think

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Fox waits 8 days to clear all the affiliates (not all markets play the same episodes at the same time and some shows have contracts that have the delay for marketing reasons)

NCIS is on CBS

How many of you are using PVRs at home?

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
TV Show Obituaries: 51 Series

TV Show Obituaries: 51 Series from the 2008 - 2009 Season that are Canceled or Ending

You can see what shows are being canceled or ending here
2008 - 2009 Canceled TV Shows | TV Series Finale

Here is a short list of them

4Real (CW)
According to Jim (ABC)
America's Toughest Jobs (NBC)
American Gladiators (NBC)
The Baby Borrowers (NBC)
Battlestar Galactica (SyFy)
Boston Legal (ABC)
Celebrity Circus (NBC)
Celebrity Exposé (MyNetworkTV)
Celebrity Family Feud (NBC)
Charlie Jade (SyFy)
Chocolate News (Comedy Central)
Cristina's Court (syndicated)
Crusoe (NBC)
D.L. Hughley Breaks the News (CNN)
Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)
Do Not Disturb (FOX)
Easy Money (CW)
Eli Stone (ABC)
The Emperor's New School (Disney)
ER (NBC)
The Ex List (CBS)
Fear Itself (NBC)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Cartoon Network)
Frank TV (TBS)
In Harm's Way (CW)
King of the Hill (FOX)
Kyle XY (ABC Family)
The L Word (Showtime)
Last Comic Standing (NBC)
Late Night with Conan O'Brien (NBC)
Life on Mars (ABC)
Lipstick Jungle (NBC)
MADtv (FOX)
The Middleman (ABC Family)
Momma's Boys (NBC)
The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet (syndicated)
Most Outrageous Moments (NBC)
My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
Nashville Star (NBC)
Opportunity Knocks (ABC)
Prison Break (FOX)
Pushing Daisies (ABC)
The Shield (FX)
Stargate Atlantis (Sci-Fi)
The Starter Wife (USA)
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (Disney)
Swingtown (CBS)
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC)
Total Request Live (MTV)
Valentine (CW)

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I got AT&T and they changed to a 5 gig also but because i had the unlimited plan before the change i have whats called a soft 5 gig which means even if i go over 5 gig i do not get charged for the air time

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got AT&T and they changed to a 5 gig also but because i had the unlimited plan before the change i have whats called a soft 5 gig which means even if i go over 5 gig i do not get charged for the air time

I'd watch your bill real close Scuba....

termite289

Expert Expediter
picked up my old steven king books, the dark tower series day before yesterday. read half of the drawing of the three in 1 day. didn't know i could read that fast. anyway, gotta go try and find a load for today, as dispatch seems to be slow today.

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
Joe,

How do you find the Rosetta Stone product - any good ?

I am actually very impressed with it. A few lessons in they start slipping words in that havent been covered yet but you just "know" what they mean. I was amazed at how quickly you start to retain it all too. Far better than any others I tried (and I tried a few). I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn a new language. I have all 33 language packs so I play with german and french a bit. Mostly spanish though cause I gets confused lol.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
NBC pulls Chopping Block from schedule

Seems they are canceling more shows:

NBC is pulling cooking competition series “Chopping Block” from primetime after three weeks, sources say.

The network informed affiliates tonight the reality series starring renowned chef Marco Pierre White will be removed from Wednesday’s lineup.

NBC is fortunate to have Jay Leno’s 10 p.m. talk show in the fall considering how many slots are getting cleared out this season. Counting “Chopping Block,” six series are definitely not returning — “Knight Rider,” “My Own Worst Enemy,” “Crusoe,” “Lipstick Jungle” and “ER.” A couple midseason reality shows, “Superstars of Dance” and “Momma’s Boys,” are also almost certainly gone. Four others are looking pale and shaky — “Friday Night Lights,” “Kath & Kim,” “Life” and “Kings.”

I can live with out all those shows, except Knight Rider. I've always been a fan of that show, especially the new series. But, unfortunately I guess the ratings were not good enough to keep it alive.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Stargate Universe exclusive sneak peek

For all you Stargate fans.

March/23/09

We've got an exclusive sneak peek at SCI FI Channel's upcoming new series Stargate Universe, featuring never-before-seen footage. The clip is titled "Frantic."

Stargate Universe—a spinoff of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis—follows the adventures of explorers who start off on a reconnaissance mission to the Destiny, a ship built by the Ancients, only to wind up on a never-ending mission when the crew learns the ship can't return to Earth. The Destiny, her crew in tow but not actually in control of the ship, then traverses the universe, bringing them in contact with new worlds and various races, as well as potential allies and enemies.

Stargate Universe will premiere later this year and stars Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis, Brian J. Smith, Alaina Huffman, David Blue, Ming-Na and Lou Diamond Phillips.

Trailer: Journey to Stargate Universe with this exclusive sneak peek | SCI FI Wire

Hope its as good as the past series.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I've heard that NBC is in talks about a new Superhero show. It follows a group of over the road drivers who have various powers, Led by a fearless Dog (Bull dog I think) a woman with beautiful clean hair causing mesmorizing looks (deer in headlights theory) a man with super human odor discharging from feet and another source, a wellarmed shooter, a pantless, glue sniffing, truckstop weirdo with some un-named power, a nadless Moose, a turtle and some guy in a superfast cruzer. There is also a watercraft sharpshooter. I think it is a winner!

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
NBC is hoping it will provide some competition to FOX's new show, 4 In a Straight Truck, but production is going to depend on whether or not execs can convince the Dog to take a cut in pay (he has an inflated ego about being a "BIG STAR" and demanding royal treatment on set), and whether or not the "truckstop weirdo" can be smuggled out of rehab in time. There is also some concern about the physical condition of the "weirdo" as it's rumored he's been seen walking with a limp due to some tragic injury.