little house on the prarie

termite289

Expert Expediter
when im really board, i dial into youtube, and watch movies, or tv shows. have been on a little house on the prairie marathon today, something about being in Minnesota just got me feeling all nostalgic.
they are normally in 10 minuet videos, and you have to find the next one in line for the show your watching, but it beets drooling.
what do you do in down time to keep from going insane!!!

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
I like to spend my downtime with Rosetta Stone learning spanish. I also like to catch up on House and Knight Rider when the aircard has fast enough speeds. And of course, I love coming to E/O and driving everyone crazy :) (lately though, thats no long drive, more like a very short putt :) )

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love the TV watching...Bones, House, Lie to Me..and some movies...BUT Verizon now has this 5gb limit per month...25 cents per megabyte after that....We have unlimited access but not unlimited data flow...anyone getting stung by this...?

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
no my bill says ...
1,662.731 MB Used
Unlimited Data Allowance

not sure it worth what i over pay for it but thats what we have.

Lately i have gotten my age of empires CDs back out and been playing the vikings alot. lie to me and bones as well love lie to me

and am i the ony one who has noticed that the roads are getting to crappy to type while the truck is moving.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
no my bill says ...
1,662.731 MB Used
Unlimited Data Allowance

not sure it worth what i over pay for it but thats what we have.

Lately i have gotten my age of empires CDs back out and been playing the vikings alot. lie to me and bones as well love lie to me

and am i the ony one who has noticed that the roads are getting to crappy to type while the truck is moving.

What phone company?

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
verison i use to have the unadvertised 10 gig package but about 2 months ago it changed and started saying that but it's heavy 300 a month for both lines.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
OVM, I think Sprint has gone to this 5gig limit also. We've had our aircard with Sprint for about 5 years now so we're still getting the unlimited plan.
We tried Verizon a few weeks ago, and hated it. We had the card less than 5 days, when we canceled they tried to charge me a prorated amount per meg. 119.00 extra! I just kept going up the ladder at Verizon and got the charges removed. 5 gig might be ok for reading emails, but if you have to download updates for programs or do very much net surfing it's used up quick.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, I think Sprint has gone to this 5gig limit also. We've had our aircard with Sprint for about 5 years now so we're still getting the unlimited plan.
We tried Verizon a few weeks ago, and hated it. We had the card less than 5 days, when we canceled they tried to charge me a prorated amount per meg. 119.00 extra! I just kept going up the ladder at Verizon and got the charges removed. 5 gig might be ok for reading emails, but if you have to download updates for programs or do very much net surfing it's used up quick.

I watched 1 Bones and 1 House last night plus my time here and there and used up 1.1 GB....they want double the price for 10gb plan...guess I'll have to wait till I can cozy up to a motel and get online free....to catch up on episodes.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
verison i use to have the unadvertised 10 gig package but about 2 months ago it changed and started saying that but it's heavy 300 a month for both lines.

outch....way too much....cheaper to buy the J's service for 149 a year as a suppliment.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Using a good ad blocking program can help reduce your data flow. Who needs to see those pesky ads on every web page anyway? (Answer: People using EO to research the industry need the ads. Reading them is part of the research process.)

The Firefox browser has a free add-on called Adblock Plus. It has quieted our web surfing way down. You can tell when an ad is being blocked and you can activate it if you wish. You can designate whole web sites as OK for ads to play, particular pages, and particular ads on a page.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
recently became a fan of ncis. good characters and good interplay.
leverage was quite good on tnt. wife got me watching bones. another good ensemble drama. zack reminds me of my youngest son. or is it the other way around?
books books books and my ipod movies hooked to the laptop.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As soon as I read the thread title, I thought of Quagmire running thru the field like Melissa Gilbert did during the credits.

Giggidy giggidy!

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I check my email, catch up on the forums, watch some tv shows and/or movies and sleep. :D

Last Sunday when we were in Monroe, OH we went to Traders World flea market where the same stuff is sold over and over through different vendors. lol. It's a huge, indoor flea market and they also have an outside area that is like a huge garage sale. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without but it was nice to just be out of the truck and walk around for 3 hours. :D

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
We have Sprint unlimited data plan. I downloaded over 100GBs last month. Didn't get charged a dime extra. Not sure if its because I grandfathered in because when I signed up, it was true unlimited. Might be because I'm a business premier customer also, not sure, but as long as they don't charge me extra, I'm happy.

For example, updating my TomTom with the new maps, 1.5GB update by itself. 5GB a month would not be enough for me.

DougTravels

Not a Member
We did a "Bones" marathon the other day. I love Fancast when we have a good signal

I like Fancast too, but it can be aggravating when it stalls alot. I always seem to watch the Rockford Files on there. It has been long enough now where, I can watch them again for the first time!

I also like you tube, there is a ton of little britains which is one of my new favs. You ever search truck train accidents on you tube, scary stuff there,and this one YouTube - Court TV : Fatal Tunnel Accident For sportsman there are alot of good you tube videos hawk takes down deer, YouTube - Deer Hunting HAWK Hunts a Deer and the turkey guillotine YouTube - Turkey Guillotine Arrows

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I download all different type of TV shows in the format of divx. I have a couple of hard drives full of TV shows. If you ever see us about some where and we are not sleeping and have time, I would be more than happy to share some of these TV shows. Thats if you have enough hard drive space to take most of them.

We drive a Hino straight truck with Express-1, our truck number is 1670. Just for the ones curious, there is nothing illegal about this, its the same as watching them on youtube. I don't have all my hard drives here in the truck with me, so, I want have all the seasons, but I have a enough to keep you busy for hours and hours. And I'm sure I will have something everybody likes watching.

DougTravels

Not a Member
another thing I do, I carry a few DVD's with me, once I've seen them I get on the CB and try and find other drivers who want to trade, either for good or for the day.