June Locations and all the Banter who can post!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sleep is eluding me for the last 3 hours.......

I slept in a WalMart parking lot in Chattanooga,TN Last night..when I woke up this morning my truck was surrounded by shopping carts...must have be snoring pretty bad....LOL
Loaded and be back at the yard in the morning

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
MTA Driving Championship day two.

Arrived at Baker College parking lot at 0710 this morning. The Pre Trip Inspection and Road Course competition took place there.

Eno was called first for the pre trip around 0830. I was called at 0900. The test was on a new Freightliner day cab. We could not open the hood or start the engine. We were to state verbally what we would be checking and call any problems "Defects" Using any other word would disallow credit for finding it. There was a six minute time limit. We weren't told what our scores were.

Next, the road test. Eno again was first and then myself. The test vehicle was a new Hino. The time limit was 8 minutes. The preliminary results put us in the middle of the straight truck class. We were done before 1000.

It was obvious that Blake and Rob weren't going to be called until well after noon. Bill asked Eno and I if we wanted to leave. I said that we came together and would leave together. Eno agreed.

Blake and Rob were finished around 1400. We don't know their results. We left shortly after.

We were disappointed that we didn't do better, but we did hold our own. If we are at next years competition, we'll be experienced and better prepared.

Thanks to everyone for their support and to Load 1 for the opportunity to compete.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
MTA Driving Championship day two.

Arrived at Baker College parking lot at 0710 this morning. The Pre Trip Inspection and Road Course competition took place there.

Eno was called first for the pre trip around 0830. I was called at 0900. The test was on a new Freightliner day cab. We could not open the hood or start the engine. We were to state verbally what we would be checking and call any problems "Defects" Using any other word would disallow credit for finding it. There was a six minute time limit. We weren't told what our scores were.

Next, the road test. Eno again was first and then myself. The test vehicle was a new Hino. The time limit was 8 minutes. The preliminary results put us in the middle of the straight truck class. We were done before 1000.

It was obvious that Blake and Rob weren't going to be called until well after noon. Bill asked Eno and I if we wanted to leave. I said that we came together and would leave together. Eno agreed.

Blake and Rob were finished around 1400. We don't know their results. We left shortly after.

We were disappointed that we didn't do better, but we did hold our own. If we are at next years competition, we'll be experienced and better prepared.

Thanks to everyone for their support and to Load 1 for the opportunity to compete.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Truck looks good! It has the Stealth look to it.Nice!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Tracy is in Shelbyville, Tennessee. Since he is not here our son will be riding his bike in the benefit tomorrow. Jamie is so happy that dad said yes. He has been begging to ride it for about 6 years now, since it was new. He has only been allowed to ride my bike in the past which is down for repairs now, which is only a Yahmaha 650 V-Star. So this will be a big deal for him tomorrow, lol. He gets to ride Dad's Roadking, lol.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been sitting at everyones favorite del place....Ford Dearborn since 630am..was going to make plans for some breakfast at ISIS...Looks like that might have to be lunch.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
God morning...sent some wicked storms to Minnisota last night....Don't know if i'll leave today...Judy twisted her ankle real bad yesterday...might have to play Dr. today!.;)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
if you would make her do all that weird stuff things like that wouldnt happen. what caused it, did the pole come loose ? LOL

hope shes ok, sure its just a sprain ?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good Morning all!! Steve, congrats to you and the rest of the guy for even competing and representing Load 1....

Guido, Treaure those head slaps, i miss them more then you would think...Can't wait to see the new additions to the Cube.

Chris, look at Guido's and Cuz's 12 ft cubes for ideas on setup to allow 3 skids when the need comes up, they both have good setups....

I have a couple of things to fix on the Cargo Max this morning and then i'll be back in service later today fir the week..have a bunch of stuff to do next weekend here at home again, so I'll play it by close to the vest and see how it goes...

OVM, how is weather at home, "Truck Talk" posted that SD was gettin pounded with Tornado Warnings..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Morning all!! Steve, congrats to you and the rest of the guy for even competing and representing Load 1....

Guido, Treaure those head slaps, i miss them more then you would think...Can't wait to see the new additions to the Cube.

Chris, look at Guido's and Cuz's 12 ft cubes for ideas on setup to allow 3 skids when the need comes up, they both have good setups....

I have a couple of things to fix on the Cargo Max this morning and then i'll be back in service later today fir the week..have a bunch of stuff to do next weekend here at home again, so I'll play it by close to the vest and see how it goes...

OVM, how is weather at home, "Truck Talk" posted that SD was gettin pounded with Tornado Warnings..

Again we missed all the nasty stuff last night up in our part of the NW....sent it east....;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In western mi waiting to be loaded for mn.

Ovm when your truck was limping you got a new engine but you give juju an old shovel handle? :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums