June Locations and all the Banter who can post!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
90 degrees and no AC. Telling customers why the want to call even when we send OVM, it is far more work than you realize! :D

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
If anyone is heading 96 west expect delays tons of traffic and tons of construction lane closures. Have probably wasted 45 minutes sitting in traffic so far

guido4475

Not a Member
When did you empty in Laredo?
I would try to hold out for something in that 14ft category. Sleeping in the seat is no fun and when you do have that occasional load that takes up 14ft it pays well enough to justify sleeping in the seat or to get a room.

If I remember correctly, there was a 14 foot spartan body on e.o. classifieds already set up, i think it was an ex fed-ex unit.real nice.not too old.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Have Tracy stop in and see me next time he is at the yard. I want to make a donation.

I will John, thank you very much, I really appreciate that. he is headed back this way with a load from The Montgomery, Alabama area to the Tennessee area , delivering today about 5:30, I believe. So he is closer to home. But don't believe he will make it back in tome for the bike run tomorrow.
But he is having a great week with pay and loads! Thank you for keeping him busy. Last month was his best ever, granted it was a 5 week month but it was awesome!

guido4475

Not a Member
Golf commando style! lmao.....Did I say that?...lol

Back in service and ready to go...van done...what a week! All insulated, reflectix, luan, etc...did so much, and in the beginning I was feeling guilty about being home, then my dad spoke, and said, you stay out for months at a time...and YOU feel guilty about being home for a week and a half??? Then I got one of those familiar Italian full blow slaps to the back of the head,along with him swearing in Italian...point made..now, time for work..but something tells me i will have to wait till monday to get a load...I hope i am wrong...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Laura, Ill be out Sunday...Cheri , Thanks for your generosity and care package for Sgt Smith...

My nap is over, showe done, meeting the kids for dinner and adult beverages tonight for a "pre graduation" get together and then recovery for the real deal Graduation Sat morning....

You all have a great weekend and be safe....

Dennis, I am looking forward to seeing you. I got Kim's message, tell her I will call her back soon. I had a change that I am dealing with. I had the Silent Auction and the Bike Run scheduled to be in Sylvania at at Restaurant originally. But when I first started looking into doing the Bike Run, I was told by people who have organized one before that I didn't have enough time allotted for organizing it therefore, I shouldn't do it. I shared my discouragemant with my kids. My kids are awesome! They took it upon themselves to organize this Bike Run as a Suprise to me.

In the mean time I was put in contact with the owner of the Restaurant in Sylvania. We had set dates for the Bike Run, (the 10th) and the Silent Auction (the 24th). both were to be held at his location. I was extatic that I had this facilty and his help. When I told my kids, they informed that they had just completed all the arrangements for the Bike Run.

When I let the owner of the Restaurant know that there had been a change of plans for the Bike Run, that my children took that burden off of me. That I was going to be concentrating on the Silent Auction, Band and Dinner night, thata ahe classified as my money maker event, he got upset with me. He said he took me at my word and didn't charge me a deposit. He couldn't trust that I would follow through with the plans for the Silent Auction day as well.

I thought he would be relieved since he was opening the restaurant up to me on a day it was normally closed, I was bringing my own food and beverages in other than beer and liquor. So I thought it would be less hassle for him as well. Other than we would not be stopping at another bar he owned on the east side of Toledo with the Bike Run. He would have gotten some business from us there at the bar, I guess. When I told my kids that he wanted us to make one of our stops at his biker bar in East Toledo, they were very glad that they had already had it organized. They did not want to stop on Oak Street in Toledo, too much stop and go traffic.

So after that long story, what I am trying to say is that I am still looking for a hall to have the Silent/Auction/Dinner fun night at. I got a phone call today that someone knows a gentleman who owns a hall onDouglas near Summerfield I should know tonight if I get that hall or not. I m looking to do it on June 30th or July 1st. I do have a band who is available.

The band told me to count my blessings not to have it at that restaurant any way that things happen for a reason.One of the people in the band had played before at the restaurant for the owner and instead of paying her like agreed he paid her with gift certifcate for the restaurant.

I have been stressed trying to find another place to have it. I also have not been having good luck getting donations for the aution. I am a person who doesn't have many contacts so I have been limited on getting donations. What happens, happens though.

I truly appeciate all who have been keeping my mom and my family in your prayers.
Just so you know, yes it is odd that I am trying to raise funds for her funeral when I sell life insurance. I got her a policy a week before she was diagnosed and was paying for it myself, since she didn't have the funds. But life insurance has a 2 year contestability clause, so it won't pay since it was so close to her diagnosis. All I will get is the amount I have paid into her premiums. I am embarrassed to have to do this fundraising. I feel it is airing the fact that I haven't been able to save money for things like this. So all I can say is thank you and God Bless!
Laura

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
If I remember correctly, there was a 14 foot spartan body on e.o. classifieds already set up, i think it was an ex fed-ex unit.real nice.not too old.

How do you like the 12ft Spartan?

Made some calls today to a local commercial truck dealer. They have tons of new and used Spartan and unicells all 12 feet that they sell a lot to FedEx and other local deliveries. They had nothing in 14ft length under 10k gvw

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Made some calls today to a local commercial truck dealer. They have tons of new and used Spartan and unicells all 12 feet that they sell a lot to FedEx and other local deliveries. They had nothing in 14ft length under 10k gvw

A 12 foot box would probably mean everything to the sidewalls....when you have 3 skids...
are they exactly 12' ? from seat to door?
Keep in mind when the last time ya had 3 48x48 in skids?.....been years for me....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I never had any. Just found a good deal on a 2007 sprinter through Ryder has all maintenance paper work. Might have to check into it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never had any. Just found a good deal on a 2007 sprinter through Ryder has all maintenance paper work. Might have to check into it.

You've never drove a 3 skid van have you?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member

I love my 12 footer.3 skid loads don't happen all of the time.But they do, it does take up the whole 12 foot, 48x48 skids.3 skid loads are fine with me if it is the type of load that can be unloaded upon arrival to the consignee.But, if I am married to that load for the weekend, or for a longer period of time than the load is, and I have no where to sleep, it is a pain.Motels are an option, but I sleep well on my bed, and have never found a motel to be enjoyable for me.Maybe it's me.....lol...Spartans are commonly 49" between wheel wells.Although mine is 63 at the door opening height, Cuz's is alot higher.It all depends on who ordered them.Try Century truck sales in Dallas-Fort Worth area.They usually have some, and they did have one, like new, like a 2010 Ford, that was real nice. They are real good people to deal with.Truckpaper.com? Look there? The one advantage to a Spartan is the cheap cost of ownership and parts are everywhere for these.Anyone can work on them.So simple.They do ride alot rougher than a Sprinter, or even a standard van.They usually have 8-9 leaf springs per side in the rear.They are commonly set up similar to Chef's van, ordered as a dually, but put together as a single rear wheel.Alot wider just because they are square, compared to tall and narrow.So, even though you may give the company 12'x49 wide x 63' high, the remaining 14" on each side is yours, and alot can be done with that, since it is straight.Just a thought.Expect 12-14 mpg out of one, on the average.higher #'s can be achieved with some work.But, gas is cheaper than diesel, along with cheaper cost of ownership.So I think it all comes out the same to a Sprinter.But, we don't usually have to wait for parts, either, so there may be an advantage.