June Locations and all the Banter who can post!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Where's the bossman? I wanna get my 3% started... gotta pay for these rooms somehow...lol.

When he sees the bill, may take another 3% for a while?

At the yard for a few...then gone for some rest. Got LoadOne all over the CargoMax :)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday around Goshen I saw an Amish buggy pulling an aluminum boat with a gas motor, can you say irony.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Loaded heading to Toledo
Chris if you are still in Toledo, on Sunday be sure to stop out at the Bike Run Fun Raiser for some good Food and Socialization. Swanton is 20 miles southwest of Toledo. The address is 105 S, Main St. Swanton, OH 43558

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Chris if you are still in Toledo, on Sunday be sure to stop out at the Bike Run Fun Raiser for some good Food and Socialization. Swanton is 20 miles southwest of Toledo. The address is 105 S, Main St. Swanton, OH 43558

Have Tracy stop in and see me next time he is at the yard. I want to make a donation.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Laura, Ill be out Sunday...Cheri , Thanks for your generosity and care package for Sgt Smith...

My nap is over, showe done, meeting the kids for dinner and adult beverages tonight for a "pre graduation" get together and then recovery for the real deal Graduation Sat morning....

You all have a great weekend and be safe....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laura, Ill be out Sunday...Cheri , Thanks for your generosity and care package for Sgt Smith...

My nap is over, showe done, meeting the kids for dinner and adult beverages tonight for a "pre graduation" get together and then recovery for the real deal Graduation Sat morning....

You all have a great weekend and be safe....

Enjoy the festivities.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ok folks, Day 1 at the front.....err...MTA Truck Driving Championship.

Arrived at the Lexington Lansing Hotel at 0945. Found Bill, Blake, and Rob sitting at a table off the lobby. Eno arrived a few minutes later.

Checked in, got a grab bag of goodies and they took my picture, probably a mug shot in case I steal something, then went back to the table to see what was next. Read the info on the schedule, and went off to have breakfast.

At noon, there was orientation and the written exam. Three of us had 13 wrong answers out of 40 questions. One didn't write down his answers. It was kind of frustrating since the answers were in a supplied book, but we didn't get the books in time to study. I got mine yesterday. I'm sure we could have done better had we had them sooner.

We then had a power point presentation of the obstacle course, pre-trip inspection, and the door prize raffle. Blake and I didn't win anything, while Eno won a shirt and Rob a coffee mug he traded for a drink cup.

Next was the obstacle course walk through. Blake and Rob are on the south course, Eno and I the north. The man running the walk through on the north course explained it rather quickly and asked Eno and I to leave when we noticed something in the blind back that wasn't mentioned earlier.

Blake and Rob left after Bill took a few pics. Bill, Eno, and I found an Outback Steakhouse and had a steak dinner. Actually, we stuffed ourselves.

My take on the competition? It's somewhat bias towards the drivers of the trucks that were supplied by their companies. The straights are somewhat even since the two here are from a rental company and a dealer. They aren't close to what we drive. Day cabs with huge liftgates on the rear. Since depth perception is the main focus of the course, it will be hard to maneuver the course in an unfamiliar truck.

Oh well, we'll do the best we can. Chapter Two tomorrow.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in service....most chores all done...tomorrow is a ME day...then hit the road Sunday, unless dispatch calls sooner....