July locations and banter and everything else

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
Okay i am a sick puppy, but! Its is hot , when you pass road kill and there is a grease spot where it is laying there cooking.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and good morning to the world....pretty darned humid out there....

Good morning
Above the dark horizon soon
new light rays will appear.
They signify to all the world
a fresh new day is here.
The sun has risen, and its light
may bring us hope for peace--
and with a deeper faith in God,
we pray that wars may cease.
Our time on earth is but a test--
a test we must not fail.
By building values, growth in faith,
may love from hate prevail.
So each new day we start once more
with rising of the sun.
May we have gained in stature when
our final day is done
Thank God I drive for Load 1...................:)

Nice poem dear...good improv! :D

and nottoold...the only tattoo on his forehead is gonna just say one word...."HERS" *lol*

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
and good morning to the world....pretty darned humid out there....

Good morning
Above the dark horizon soon
new light rays will appear.
They signify to all the world
a fresh new day is here.
The sun has risen, and its light
may bring us hope for peace--
and with a deeper faith in God,
we pray that wars may cease.
Our time on earth is but a test--
a test we must not fail.
By building values, growth in faith,
may love from hate prevail.
So each new day we start once more
with rising of the sun.
May we have gained in stature when
our final day is done
Thank God I drive for Load 1...................:)

Nice :thumbup:

Delivered. Napping here in Milford, then see what haps. If no bites from this area, may troll.

Dale

guido4475

Not a Member
I find I need a nap when it rains hard, lol. It just makes me suddenly sleepy - weird. :eek:

It's not weird, but understandable.It affects many in different ways.The sound of the rain, the lack of sunshine, the road mist, the lack of vision, and the wiping of the wipers, along with the reduced vision all play into this.Night driving on asphalt roads is the worst, it is as if the lines on the road hide at times.Amber fog lights are a big help, along with properly adjusted headlights, along with good wipers.

guido4475

Not a Member
Not all of us get the luxury of having a 6 hour break at the border :D

As it may seem like it would be a break, waiting for a load to be ready for shipment, or paperwork, or whatever, It actually is kinda more tiring than one may think.The possibility of a nap during that time is almost impossible, due to the phone calls, "Are you loaded yet" or q-c messages regarding the delay, shipper coming out and updating you, or you going back in and getting an update from the shipper.Then, they finally load you, and now you've been up for 6 hours more than you want to be, and you REALLY want to take a nap, but can't....Because it is up to the driver to "make up" the time lost and get the load there as quickly and safely as you can...It is all on you, driver...And, of course, you get to the consignee, and the guy looks at you with you're 5# box of screws, super-duper hot load, you're wired and all jacked up on Tim Hortons mega caffeine coffee, and points to 44,000# of them that just came in on a semi 3 hours earlier....lol...What a funny business we are in....make the best of it, I guess..lol..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just woke up in Syracuse ny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahhhh, nothing like starting the day with a drug test :rolleyes:
On a better note, predispatched on a nice (very much needed) run :cool:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
As it may seem like it would be a break, waiting for a load to be ready for shipment, or paperwork, or whatever, It actually is kinda more tiring than one may think.The possibility of a nap during that time is almost impossible, due to the phone calls, "Are you loaded yet" or q-c messages regarding the delay, shipper coming out and updating you, or you going back in and getting an update from the shipper.Then, they finally load you, and now you've been up for 6 hours more than you want to be, and you REALLY want to take a nap, but can't....Because it is up to the driver to "make up" the time lost and get the load there as quickly and safely as you can...It is all on you, driver...And, of course, you get to the consignee, and the guy looks at you with you're 5# box of screws, super-duper hot load, you're wired and all jacked up on Tim Hortons mega caffeine coffee, and points to 44,000# of them that just came in on a semi 3 hours earlier....lol...What a funny business we are in....make the best of it, I guess..lol..

All true, except the part of making up the 6 hours. I wanna see that one, Guido :D....I get what your saying though.

And....I was just taking a jab at Scott. I'm fairly sure he didn't consider his time at the border a break. In fact, I don't think he was happy about it all... what better time is there to poke him in the ribs? :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Shower time! Got the booth set up and it looks really good! Had lunch with about 12 of our gang. Funny we already have a large contingency and the show doesn't start till tomorrow.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Shower time! Got the booth set up and it looks really good! Had lunch with about 12 of our gang. Funny we already have a large contingency and the show doesn't start till tomorrow.

Have you revised your drink ticket budget?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load1 expo at the pilot in Syracuse ny. Two straight trucks and a 1 sprinter, send drink tickets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not to beat a dead horse, but starting to wonder more about how these protect times really are calculated. Never was very good at math so maybe I'm missing something :rolleyes:

591 miles (actual 612, but who's counting)
Pick up 9pm
Del 7am (10 hrs to get there)
591/50mph?=11.82 hrs Leaving at 9pm before loading will start.
So, it looks like to me this one is based on 60mph leaving 15mins to load and no fuel time:confused:

So If I could leave at 9pm (which isn't going to happen unless I leave empty haha), driving no less then 65mph I could create a total 35min window of extra time for loading (which didn't happen because I had to leave) and fuel, and everything else that happens along the way. Anyone else think this is a little tight :)

Now I'm not upset about this, actually laughing as I wrote it. I just wanted to drive home the point a little more that maybe the protect time calculations need a little tweaking :cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
lol, yeah and I know that's what dispatch would say haha. But it does seem that giving the customer a more realistic time and us would benefit us all in the long run :)

Just call dispatch when you're leaving the shipper and give them your new ETA and they will deal with it

guido4475

Not a Member
All true, except the part of making up the 6 hours. I wanna see that one, Guido :D....I get what your saying though.

And....I was just taking a jab at Scott. I'm fairly sure he didn't consider his time at the border a break. In fact, I don't think he was happy about it all... what better time is there to poke him in the ribs? :D

6 hour make up? No problem on a lear jet...lol..I know what you were saying, I was just sharing my thoughts..Yes, timing can be so crucial, as we know from OVM, for the proper jabbing.lol...He always picks the right times! But, it is nice to know, we, as a Load One family, can jab at each other from time to time.